Should we step up and go for Bush? NFL Total Access breaking news.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The show this evening started with Adam Schefter reporting that the Texans have been showing more attention to prospects other than Bush since the USC Pro Day. People in the Bush camp have been reported as doubting that the Texans will take Reggie, and people "close to" the Texans are saying that at this point they cannot say that taking Bush is a sure thing.

Apparently rumours started going around Friday and today a bunch of people from Houston (reporters and whatnot) came out and said they had been hearing these things for a while now. Yes this is again just a rumour but Total Access would not report it and expecially would not start off the show with it if they did not think it was legitimate.

Now obviously I am going to say we should try to get him either at #2 or with a trade up to #1 if Houston thinks that they could adress a need at #4, which surely they could because they have many needs. We also have many needs but as we have been hearing all offseason, you don't pass up a player like Reggie, which makes me wonder what Houston is thinking if this is true.

If Houston is not intending to take Bush, this means the Jets have a realistic chance at drafting a potential star RB, QB, OT, or DE with our first pick, based on pre-draft speculation. If Houston truly is going to pass up Reggie, there will be cut-throat competition for Bush, especially if Houston decided to stay at #1 and take someone else, because I don't think the Saints would think twice about taking Bush unless someone offered them a blockbuster.

Anyways, it's out there, and with the report I read on here the other day that they Jets have already talked to Houston about acquiring the first pick, here's to hoping they re-inquire.

2. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

i would love to go after bush even though i dont think he will be qwite as good as D.william but if he was still fast and gained 5 pounds of solid muscle(which he probably already did with those 24 reps on the bench bar lol) so he can take the hits then im all for it

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

A trade up? That would cost the 4, the 29, maybe a 3rd, and next year's first. No thank you. Pipe dream on the part of the Texans.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

whatever i dont even care if its to get bush im all for it. im telling yall man bush is the kinda talant you design gameplans around.

5. vilmas our future51

Yea thats also a good point with all the holes to fill but 1 of those holes is a rb

#5 vilmas our future51, Apr 17, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  6. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i dont even care about needs ..bush is the best player to enter the draft in the last 15 years.

7. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

We need to stay where we are and let the players fall where they may. If we stay where we are, we can have our pick from several elite prospects (two of the elite qb's, Mario Williams or D'Brickshaw Ferguson), and still keep our second first round pick. That 29th is highly valuable due to the immense depth of this draft.

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

It will cost too much...no thanks

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I do almost anything for bush.

10. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

It's been discussed an infinite amount of times in about 1000 different threads, but it seems to come down to these three arguments.

1) Do whatever we can to get a player of Bush's potential. He is a future superstar that you build the team around.

2) Bush would be great BUT we have too many holes to give up what Bush would cost us in picks.

3) Bush is not a proven as an every down back like D.Williams or Maroney. Take one of them instead at Pick #29.

Personally, I am not a big proponent of giving up picks, especially what it would take to get Bush. But if you look at my thread refering to the 2nd round and 3rd round picks from 87-00 you will see that it would not be unreasonable to trade ALL OF THOSE PLAYERS for Reggie Bush.

11. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

you make gaining 5 lbs of muscle sound like its alot he has been workin out everyday since the rose bowl he should be putting on that and more.

12. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

If Bush is available at 2, the Saints will take him rather than trade out. You can bank on that. The only way the Jets would have any shot at Bush is if they traded up to the 2 slot way before the draft, before they or anybody else knew for sure what the Texans would do.

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Okay so let's throw away the whole draft for one player, who still has yet to prove he can carry a ball 20 times in a game. BRILLIANT!

HELL NO! I wouldn't even take him at 4 if he fell that far. I would take him at 29, but that is the best I would do for him.

No one seems to realize just how much potential Bush has to bust. Amazingly, this hype was spinning just a few years ago with a guy named Ricky Williams. Ditka threw a draft at him, got him, and he landed on his face.

You can win with an average RB if you have a quality line. You won't win with an elite RB and a poor line. Look at Barry Sanders. Arguably in the top 3 RBs all time, talent-wise. No o-line. No big win. Throwing away the draft to get Bush, even if he pans out, is a total waste. Throwing the picks out the window handcuffs us, and makes Bush useless.

Besides, if Houston is looking past Bush, and they have the option for ANY player in the draft they want, then wouldn't you have to assume they have seen something in Bush that makes them balk? Think about it, they committed to Carr publicly AFTER the season. That was post-Rose Bowl. Knowing they had the option to grab a QB, they still committed to Carr. Dominick Davis was one of the guys listed to be a cap casualty when the CBA crap was going on. Yet, he is still with the team.

If they are balking on Bush, and all of the QBs, they have probably been enjoying the Bush hype, knowing they were never going to pick him anyway, and hoping to trade down a spot or two, to grab Brick. Why pay an OL #1 money? They have been siting on the Bush hype just waiting for some stupid team to come knocking, begging for the pick. Don't be surprised when Houston rapes a team and still gets the guy they have been eyeing all along.

14. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

:rofl: :rofl: i hope thats sarcasm.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Would you eat dog poo?

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You'd have to be more specific. Are we talking about fresh, steaming dog poo or 2 day old hard dog poo? From a chewowa or a st. bernard?

17. vilmas our future51

Yea but he still has to keep his speed so he can still make those plays but you right i gues 12 pounds of muscle would make him less doutbable

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

whoa now, lets not go crazy here. What kind of numbers are you expecting with a statement like that. As for the topic of this thread, no way I'm trading up for a RB, no way.

19. vilmas our future51

it was i forgot to put lol my bad

20. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Yawn - the Texans are taking Bush #1