Sanchez considered not good enough by rest of the league?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, May 9, 2011.

1. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Does it piss anyone else off that Freeman has made the top 100 current players of 2011 and more than likely Sanchez will not?How many playoff wins does Freeman have?road wins nonetheless.Not that Josh doesnt deserve it but i still think if he has a spot than Sanchez should.Not really like this list is very meaningfull but it does show how the rest of the league looks at other players in the league.Just sayin!

2. 624

624 Banned

Jealousy of a successful young player in a big market on a disliked team clouds their perception. It will take a while for others to accept his playoff wins are not flukes.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

It's hard to say Sanchez is better than Freeman at this point. Freeman was very impressive last year and his stats are much better than Sanchez's. 25 TD and 6 INT is really impressive, especially with mostly rookies and young players surrounding him.

I think Sanchez is going to make the big leap this year though and next year he'll be in the group with Freeman, Flacco, and that group of qb's.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

who gives a shit.

I'll take winning games over popularity any day of the week. The rest of the NFL can eat a dick.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yep.. Sanchez gets penalized for playing on a talented team to the idiots who judge lists like this. "Oh he has the #1 defense, a great run game, blah blah blah".. the fact is the guy wins games, and plays his best in the big spots.

6. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Six fourth quarter comebacks last year!

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Its really not fair to compare Sanchez and Freeman.

Freeman has had wayyyy more game time and is asked to do FAARR more for his team.

I mean who the hell does Freeman have ? His best weapon last year was an udrafted free agent.

Truthfully I think Freeman is the better qb right NOW, but Sanchez has a far higher ceiling.

I think Freeman at best could end up the next McNair, Sanchez on the other hand who knows. This guys work ethic and leadership are quite rare. Hes not even close to being "there" yet and is FAAAAAR from consistent, but his ceiling has to be higher than any young QB in the nfl (imo). And once he starts to catch up to other QBs in playing experience, and his hard work pays off, theres no doubt he COULD be an incredibly elite QB.

#7 dcm1602, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  8. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

let the bucs have their pretty and clean stat guy. with their nice completion percentages and fancy touchdown interception ratios.

we are new york. were fucking gritty. and we have the dirty mexican that gets the job done. its never pretty, it aint clean and it will never be quite what you want it to be. Thats new york baby and i can live with that.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its called stats. If Sanchez had better stats he'd be up there.

And who in the blue fuck cares what the players think? Or analysts for that matter?

10. ........

........ Trolls

Freeman had better numbers with a worse surrounding cast last season. He had a better regular season. That's why he was voted in.

Of course, he was also a 3 year starter in college, so his consistency should be no surprise. Our QB has the higher ceiling and flat out wins games when it counts. The league voted Freeman in, but none of us would trade Sanchez for him. The latter is all that matters to me.

11. 624

624 Banned

When looking at stats, it helps playing in Tampa Bay vs. New York

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

not to mention Freeman played piss poor playing against the big dogs on their schedule.

It's all stats man...

Sanchez does it on the big stage, when it matters most (Pats, Pittsburgh)...Freeman's good against the likes of the Bills/Lions/Cards of the league...

13. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

I didn't like the way the list was going with Eric Berry making it on there with half a good season. Earl Thomas outplayed him and I'm willing to bet you won't see him on the list.

Save for a few, players don't have a great eye for talent either, they get swept up in media perpetration just like everyone else...

#13 MagillaGuerilla, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The fact McNabb is on the list shows how much of a joke it is.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I knew the list was going to be bullshit when they announced 100 players for a single season. The bottom ten of that list confirmed it. Who the fuck cares what this bullshit list said?

16. 624

624 Banned

Lists like these are why most players would make horrible GMs

17. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Mark Sanchez: 23 wins

Josh Freeman: 13 wins

Matt Stafford: 3 wins

Yeah I think we took the right guy.

18. steves850

steves850 Active Member

F that stupid show. F lists. They're pointless like girls who don't give head. They serve no purpose and are a waste of time.

19. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

I mean, I don't know about a blue fuck but I definitely give a red one. Or maybe an indigo one. But definitely not a blue one.

20. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

The list is mildly entertaining, but I wouldn't get too worked up over it.
    I was lost by the time they got all the way to, o say: McNabb... When a benched player is called into the top 6% or what ever it works out to be, I find it hard to give a rainbow fuck.