Robert Saleh is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2024.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Bit of a reach dude.... guys who get cut and are looking for a job aren't usually in a position to bitch.

2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Not crowning the Eagles staff at all, though to be fair I’d trade our entire coaching staff for theirs in a second. It’s easy to say Becton doesn’t have a choice and needs to keep his mouth shut given his situation. My point is why didn’t he need to keep his mouth shut here? Why was he even allowed to think he can crow about himself while and dictate where he plays was here? You think he’s doing that if one of the Harbaugh’s were coach? Tomlin? Vrabel? It’s not just Becton, it’s a whole line of players that have vocally made demands or acted like fools in the locker room with Tshirts. I don’t think there is or ever was a single player on this team that ever thought he shouldn’t do something because it’ll make coach mad under Saleh’s tenure. While I do get that it’s a situation that’s keeping Becton quiet now, my opinion is that our coach should be creating a situation that keeps his players in line and quiet.

burf and IDFjet like this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I think you're both right - Becton finally realizes his career is on the line and Saleh definitely lets his players get away with anything. Lack of discipline has been a recurring issue during his tenure. It almost seems like he likes it when guys act out a bit, especially on defense.

SOJAZ, Jets79, rscherwin and 2 others like this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Yes--there is passionate and then there is reckless and stupid--the CS should be teaching the players the difference--Saleh is all cheerleader and little wisdom IMO. At least thus far.

rscherwin and REVISion like this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well it’s the same old Players Coach/Disciplinarian coach pendulum again

Gase was awful to his players…we went full opposite with a players coach like Saleh

When he gets fired I’m guessing we will go with a guy who doesn’t need to be the players’ friend but will be a stricter coach.

And yeah, can anyone imagine Becton pulling that shit with someone like Parcells? No way.

6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Give Saleh and coaching staff credit when due. They made adjustments over the last couple of games. Hope folks can relax and chill the Fire Saleh chants or posts while the Jets are finally heading in the right direction with 2-1 record.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The defense looked awesome tonight. I wasn't expecting them to look this good after what we saw the first couple of weeks.

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Pats are not a great team but they're not the Panthers either. The Jets shut them down really well despite the major injuries and that is a testament to the coaching staff

AtlantaJet and MDJets like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I wonder if Saleh got his hug when the clock ran out tonight?

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

So here's the context for that:
    See new posts
    Conversation
    Connor Hughes
    @Connor_J_Hughes
    Robert Saleh on the hug/push with Aaron Rodgers: Says Rodgers reminded him they finally got the defense a two-score lead.

Said that’s been focus for the #Jets this season

So there's the context. Saleh was pumped and Rodgers said not enough.

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Team looked great today. And this game was our 3rd game in the last 11 days. Props to Saleh and his coaching staff.

12. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

It's really a nothingburger in the big picture. I'm sure there is a lot of shit that happens on sidelines when there isn't a camera RIGHT THERE to see.