Rex Changing his Approach?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TeamJets2K6, Jan 10, 2011.

1. TeamJets2K6

TeamJets2K6 New Member

Hey...I was totally taken aback when reading Rex's press conference.......

All year all Rex dikd was hype up his players and the team as Super Bowl Bound....but for these past two weeks he's been on this "personal" coach vs. QB (Manning)...throws an early dart at Brady...while tipping his hat to Manning....now putting it square on his shoulders......Sexy Rexy vs. Bellicheat!

Personally.....I Love It!....it totally takes the pressure of of the players........Rex Acts like the dumbest kid in the class but INMO is actually moving very strategically.

Thoughts?

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I think it was Jenny Vrentas who tweeted something along the lines of "Some may interpret Rex's antics as buffoonish... but he's buffoonish like a fox"

Couldn't agree more with that. Rex isn't just a loud blowhard who talks for the sake of talking. He has a method to his madness.

3. BrooklynBoy89

BrooklynBoy89 New Member

I posted this in the thread about Damien Woody being on Rome Is Burning... But Damien came out and said that he loves the fact that Rex is taking the pressure off of the guys and putting it on him because the players can just have fun and focus on the game. The guy can play some serious mind games, and for the most part there is a method to his madness. I'm all for it as long as the players are 100% behind him.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I think Rex is doing this to put all the pressure and attention on him. He is refusing to allow the pressure (at least from the media) to weigh on his players. Its an interesting tactic, and hopefully it works out well.

Yahoo Sports did point out that Rex's plan is genious if it works. This is going to keep the pressure off of Sanchez so very few people are going to point out his stats in New England and they won't point out that he just played a horrendous game (until the last minute) in Indy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmSYdFfVCtpFM6FL8xzMlONDubYF?slug=dw-ryanpats010911

5. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

As a Jet player or fan for that matter, would you rather see 800 stories about the 45-3 debacle or Rex saying it's personal vs BB? He's already succeeded in his strategy, the more focus on him, the less on the players who might otherwise lack some confidence going into this game if they keep hearing about the last one.

6. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

What Rex does well is he takes pressure off his players and puts it on himself. As a guy with a large ego and a good football mind, this is a perfect ploy that seems to meche well with the players.

Saying it's his personal battles helps keep the focus off his players and on him.

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Rex wont change for no one, Fuck bellicheat and his gay silent bobs.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Good point on Sanchez. Considering Sanchez is starting qb for playoff NY team, he doesn't face as much scrutiny as you'd expect.

Look @ the Colts game ... Sanchez was off for most of the game & if Folk misses that FG ... everyone is killing Rex for being such a big mouth & stating that this game is personal & giving the Colts bulletin board material. However, if Rex was more politically correct w/ the media then Sanchez would be the one getting the majority of negative press for that loss.

Rex shares the success but dominates the blame. What player wouldn't want a coach like this?

9. HighFlyingJets

I also love how Rex Ryan called out Tom Brady, making it known... that there is only 1 Peyton Manning. Manning and Brady will both go down as two of the greatest QB's of all time, but I'm sorry; no QB has ever ran the offense and no huddle like #18. Manning is a real field general, the way he reads the defense, before plays, has been 2nd to none.

Manning has always been the Colts during his SB years. Brady has always had a HOF head coach in BB, always had D's full of all pro talent / future HOF defensive players during his SB years, and the fact of the matter is this; Brady has never won a SB without spygate. He'll always have ** connected to his *SB rings*.

If anyone can get under the skin of Brady, it's Rex Ryan himself. If Rex can get Brady to force something, that he would never usually force... It's been a job well done.

I love it.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The team has 100% confidence in themselves and their coach. They will give 110% and they embrace the challenges Rex gives them both directly and through the media. In terms of Brady, the pressure is all on Brady to win - he is the best qb in the NFL this season, he's at home and heavily favored on a week's rest against a team he demolished a month ago. I doubt he's the least bit concerned about what Rex says.

11. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I am behind Rex Ryan like no other coach I have had on any of my teams since maybe Van Gundy.

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Anyone know Jose Mourinho in soccer (coach)? That's exactly what he does... him against the world... and his players benefit greatly from it. And so does he... he just got elected best coach of 2010...

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Rex vs Brady:

Again, I understand how it’s going to be a slap, that I took a shot at Brady and all that. He took a shot at me by his antics on the field.

Just the way he is, just being Brady being Brady. I don’t like seeing that. Nobody does. No Jets fan likes to see that. I know he can’t wait to do it. He’s not going to say anything publicly, but he does it. It’s what it is. My job is to keep him out of the end zone.

Gotta love it :p (he's referring to how Brady celebrates) Enough with the PR bullshit.. THIS IS WAR!!! (a photoshop of Rex kicking Brady into the hole ala "this is Sparta" would be nice)...

#13 Mambo9, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol I listened to his presser and it was entirely designed for him to be the story and the team to be in the background, especially Sanchez. So now all the talk will be about him ......

He didn't say anything bad and when he said something questionable, like tweaking Brady you can see the smile, that he was just doing it for fun.

I thought it was hilarious actually. How anyone can get their panties in a wad from Rex is certainly quite amusing.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He played well the entire 2nd half. Not just the last minute.