Ravens going to kick the Patriots ass again?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Nov 30, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Keyshawn was just talking about it, that would be pretty hilarious if Baltimore went into Foxborough and ended their season.....

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

John Harbaugh has Billy Boy's number. I am pretty sure it will happen if Ravens ends up playing in Foxboro again this year.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone beating the Patriots in the playoffs is all I have left this season. Hope someone does.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

My main rooting interests the rest of the way.

A.) Cardinals at least win one playoff game.

B.) Patriots do not win Super Bowl.

C.) Seahawks do not win Super Bowl.

displacedfan likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Don't know if Arizona can honestly win a game with Stanton at QB. The more film teams have on him under Arians it seems like it'll be harder and harder. Green Bay will end up as the 1 seed and philly has an awesome shot at the 2.

6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure so I looked it up.

The Ravens with Harbaugh are 3-4 against NE overall, 2-1 in the playoffs, with all three of the post-season games coming at Gillette. That's a pretty good track record so yeah... I'd rather see NE avoid them. Baltimore hurt their chances yesterday though. Tough loss for them.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Like you say, Ravens played Pats 3 times in the play offs and all 3 games were played in Foxboro. They won 2 of these games easily and the third game, they lost because of a freak Field Goal miss from 30 yard or something.

Say Pats are the #1 seed, I hope Ravens are either 4th seed or 6th.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

NE is going to the SB, they are a lock.

9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Just root for Cards to win super bowl and that takes care of B and C.

10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a lock for the SB in early December of today's NFL.

11. nyjunc

write it down, they are a lock. barring Brady getting hurt or other huge injuries they are making the SB and I think they are going to win the SB. On a neutral field they are better than GB.

12. slimjasi

They are good, but there are a lot of good teams at the top of the AFC. They can be run on and they aren't overly explosive on offense. They rely on Brady making good decision after good decision and being unbelievably accurate. They are always one mediocre Brady performance from being very ordinary. They are probably the favorite right now to come out of the AFC, but there are a handful of teams in each conference that can beat them on a good day.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Anyone else holding their breath on the non-call on the pass to Gronk in the end zone at the end of the 4th quarter? I think it was the right non-call, but it was close and could have gone either way.

14. slimjasi

The NE@SD game is huge this week. If NE loses that game, they might not even get a bye. If they win that game, they are very likely to get the #1 seed. Although, as we have seen over and over again in recent years, getting the bye just doesn't mean what it used to mean in the NFL.

Edit: Still agree that the Pats are the favorite (With Denver being a close second)

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I will eat my hat if SD beats NE next week. Not that I'm against the idea, mind you.

nyjunc likes this.
  16. slimjasi

I like the Pats, as well.

17. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

100% right, they're very close to being 3-for-3 postseason at Gillette.

They played in Baltimore last season and the Pats rolled 'em. I think not having the combined years of experience from Lewis and Reed hurt them a little against New England in that game. Even later in their careers when they were declining physically they were very good at the chess match part of the game with Brady.

Still, it's a team that can pull off an upset if they have a good day. Assuming the Patriots finish with one of the top two seeds and a bye, and that current seeding more or less holds, I'd be surprised if Baltimore could upset Indy on the road. Cincy, less so. That would be their most likely path to NE.

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Green Bay destroyed the Pats. The game was not even close.

Too bad the Pats get to play our shit division leading into the playoffs. Where they will almost surly get 3 wins and home field advantage + officiating advantage throughout.

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I thought that definitely deserved a flag. Can't remember where that fell in with the cadence of the game though.

I thought the game was completely over on 3rd down where Edleman called for a Pass Interference and got a really late flag on an absolutely terrible call; that gave new life to a lifeless New England offense (and at least 3pts)

It was great to see Brady get crushed in the Green Bay sandwich at the end, fuck New England. Cheaters.

20. nyjunc

Huh? the Pats had the ball deep in GB territory down by less than a TD in the final minutes. where was this destruction?