Ramsey: Washington Post

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ramseyfan, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Ramseyfan

Ramseyfan New Member

From today's Washington Post:

Mangini, Thursday, about Ramsey --- "Especially over the last few days he's done a really good job of knowing where to go with the football and he's made some good reads."

Ramsey to reporters --- "I have no idea what we're doing Saturday. I'm not sure when I will know. You guys have told me that he hopes to play me more this week, but he hasn't told me yet."

Putting myself in Mangini's shoes: I would narrow down the QB contest to two after Saturday's game and give those two the bulk of the snaps in practice. Then, I'd make my decision on the starter after the Giants' game. There's no reason to make it before then.

By the way, on a poll of a Redskins fansite, the vote was about 200 to 5 to cheer for Ramsey and about the same to boo Coles. Skins fans see Coles as a warrior, but feel he put down Joe Gibbs who tried to talk him into staying.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I would think there is a chance of Mangini taking a dim view of this - a player basically expressing frustration through the media. I'm not criticising Ramsey, but I think Mangini might be unhappy with this.

3. hendersg

hendersg New Member

We need to see more of what Ramsey can do with this offense, and I'm hoping he plays alot tommorow night. I've always liked the way he stands in the pocket, and he has a strong arm.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Honestly, if he has had a decent week of practice, give him a couple series with the first team. Let Penny sit this one out altogether, get Clemmens in for second team work, and let Bollinger finish the game.

By that point, there should be enough data on everyone to be able to decide who will be here in September, and who will be out the door.

5. hendersg

hendersg New Member

it makes sense....as much as I'm pulling for Penny to make it back, he does take a long time to get rid of the ball. I'd like to see a quicker release from our QB's. Clemens actually showed this a bit last week, so I'm curious to see Ramsey perform

6. chow184

chow184 New Member

as a skins fan

ramsey against our 1st string D....that jus wouldn't be pretty.
    last week the bengals 1st string O had -19 yards after 10 plays against our 1st string.

#6 chow184, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
  7. Slagan7

Slagan7 Member

Bengals without carson palmer and chad johnson might have plaed 2 downs. Not saying much there.