Player: "the coaches always cater to favre..."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm listening to Max Kellerman and he got a quote from a player:
    "...we're out here busting our butts and favre is turning the ball over you cant win like that
    instead of punding the ball with TJ were doing all this other stuff.
    the coaches always cater to favre instead of doing what

we were built to do.."

There is a lot more to this quote but I couldn't type fast enough but it is in line to what may of us have been saying. And to go 1 step futher in what I have believed.

Favre was being Forced fed down our throats!
    and Woody speaks as if this guy is untouchable.

Do we have another Al Davis??? Sneider?? Jones??

And I hate to say this but is Mangini the scapegoat!??
    He is if the owner is forcing his hand.

We kept asking, how can a coach be so stupid? well maybe it wasn't his doing.

I'll update the quote if he reads it again but it was as if it came from the board.

#1 Royal Tee, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

First step is building a winning CS. But if we are serious about winning we need to get Brett out now and get a QB that can play within a winning system and not give the game away with ill concieved forced throws.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Mangini was terrible, Favre or not. His in game decisions were very poor. Sure he was still learning, but I just didn't like his style and especially his offense.

That said, Favre needs to go too. We need to move on. Favre SUCKED this year and we don't need this crap.

This Favre debacle screwed us. Instead of giving Clemens or Ratliff a year of experience, maybe sucking and getting a good pick in the process, we instead are set back a year and get a mid-round pick. It sucks.

4. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

Hmmm it doesnt sound like something that would come from Coles' mouth now does it?

*sarcasm

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is a critical juncture in the franchise's history. If Woody is doing this for the money, I can't fault the man for trying to get ROI since he did shell out $600mil for the team and chipped in another $400mil or so in the new ballpark.

This has to be done right. If they fuck up the vetting process, this franchise could be set back for decades.

Now, I can honestly say Im fckn worried big time about this team. I just don't trust our FO to do the right thing or hire the right guy.

We sure could use some divine intervention about now...

6. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Well, hopefully Favre will finally do us a favor and retire.

7. Roanoke

Roanoke New Member

Didn't Mangini name his son Brett? I'd say it's on him.

8. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

How many of those 22 interceptions did Mangini throw? Did Brett ever say "You know, we should run more?

9. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

This is insane. This thread states that an anonymous player spoke out against all the "catering" the coaching staff did to Favre.

Another thread states that Favre is unhappy with the coaching staff becasue he is not being catered to and he is being "called out" in front of the team.

Which is it????

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Maybe it's both.
    Think of it like this.

-Woody tells Manbyebye - Use Favre. I want us to throw the ball at least 75% of the time (Hypothetical)
    -Mangini Tells Favre - Why did you throw that? How do you not know this play by now. (Already noted this happened)
    -Farve complains - Bitches about not liking mangini.

All of this equates to what you just said. Which in turn reflects on my initial post.

The Catering is not from the coaches but from above him.
    There was something going on here behind the scenes.

11. f$@! doug jolley

f$@! doug jolley New Member

I was personally agianst the Favre trade to begin with, as I never thought we would do anything but maybe make the first round of the playoffs. Mangini was hired under the Johnson ownership, and you have to realize that the hire was a complete spite move, take one of Bellichek's croonies, and were a superbowl contender? I don't think so. The difference between Al Davis and Woody Johnson is clear, Davis wants to win so badly that he is hurting his team (being a tad bit senile isn't helping either), while Johnson is more about selling the god-awful retro #4 jerseys. If favre is back next year...it proves that Johnson is only about making money, and does not care about the team

12. Tommy22

Tommy22 New Member

Sounds like a quote from Faneca.

13. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

From the interview with Coles on SC, Coles was very supportive of Mangini, saying it wasn't all his fault, that most of the blame should land on the players' shoulders as well. He even said that he told Mangini he'd be a HC in the NFL again and that he did a lot of good here.

14. ReD LiNe

ReD LiNe New Member

Definitely sounds like a quote from an O-Lineman.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If the Falcons and Ravens can do it with a rookie QB, so can we.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

id say its true in the last two games, a snowy game in SEA vs a poor seahawks D. we shouldve ran alot more.

leon washington shouldve been seeing 10-14 carries a game all year. the guy touches the ball under 15 times a game as a returner, and backup and scores or actually moves the chains whenever hes given a chance.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

unfortunately,it makes a lot of sense. Why else would we not run on 3rd and short anymore? All the stupid things we saw that we could have coached better from our couches. Maybe it was all because Brett favre wanted to be "Broadway Brett" and throw all of the time. The only way this will end up not being the case,is if Favre is not our QB anymore.

18. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Mangini named his son after Favre!!! If we catered to Favre it was certainly Mangini who played the biggset part in that.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You mean the rookie QB's I was begging for in the 1st or 2nd round, respectively? Is there even someone coming out this year worth looking at?

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

PLEASE let us have a Jerry Jones in Woody. Somebody tell me if I am wrong but doesn't Jones have 3 super bowl rings?