Patience Please!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by crazylion26, Oct 29, 2006.

1. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

A number of you are already talking playoffs, and as far as I can see, the majority of you already have the Browns game in the books.

Food for thought...

Clevelands schedule thus far...

NO
    Cinci
    Balt
    Oak
    Car
    Den

Thats 1 game against a team with a losing record. This is NOT a gimmy game!!!

As for playoffs.... what are you nuts???? PLEASE lets take this game by game. Our schedule out as follows...

Cle
    NE
    Chi
    Hou
    GB
    Buf
    Min
    Mia
    Oak

NE, Chicago and Min will be tough games!!! Buffalo and Miami are inner conference, and no matter how bad they suck will play us hard. PLEASE take this one game at a time!!!

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Using logic and reason, I just do not know....................... I think we are going 12-4 man.:drunk:

LOL, I am kidding, I posted this elsewhere might as well bring it here:

Look lets face it the Jets are 4-3 and have exceeded expectations. But are they a good team right now? I do not know. I still think they are a middle of the road team improving on a weekly basis, with an extraordinarily weak schedule. However, They are very well coached IMO. They just had an exceptional draft class that looks like it can be one of the better one's the Jets have ever produced. So we do have a lot to look forward too, an awful lot imho. However we are just not there yet........ I am going to say 9-7 by end of the season. Which to be honest is a hugely successful season given all the doom and gloom predicted for this team and its coaching staff during the first days of training camp....................

I totally agree with you Lion.

#2 Miamipuck, Oct 29, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The only thing I disagree with is the idea that lots of people disagree with you. Many people have noted that the respective records of the Jets and Cleveland are very misleading, and that this will be a tough game for the Jets. And only a few people are seriously claiming that the Jets are a shoo-in for the playoffs, despite their easy schedule.

4. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

I should have worded differently... when I refer to "you" I dont neccessarily mean TGG, I mean Jet fans in general. Comming from many fans I know as well. I've seen all the playoff posts on here, and I thank God everytime I see that the next thread reads "one game at a time". We cant get ahead of ourselves here.

5. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

I love it when people say take it one game at a time. We're not actually playing the game, so even if we look ahead to the playoffs, it has no outcome on how we do this week. What's important is the PLAYERS take it one game at a time and not lose focus of the upcoming opponent. Part of the fun of being a fan is being able to say, "Browns - check, Miami - check, Bears - ehh, loss, etc."

In conclusion, just relax!

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Guys, c'mon. RELAX! Everyone knows the Jets are the best team in the AFC.

7. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

I'm not saying Cleveland is a gimmie game, but we are more than up for the task and they are very poorly coached, prepped, and put together. I'm shocked that the Jets came out as underdogs.

With the schedule the Jets actually have a solid chance to go 10-6. IMO Chicago is the only guaranteed loss, after that there are a few toughies, like the 3 inner div games, and the Vikings. I can definately understand that being pessimistic is the more logical option, but there is def a reason for a little optimism because of the way the schedule works its way out.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

There were people who thought we were a SB contender last year and many people thought the Dolphins were a SB contender this year. We are 4 & 3 and have been relatively injury free. The league stinks and we have one of the easiest schedules we ever had. In spite of the fact we are rebuilding, this may be the best chance we have of making the playoffs out of the next several years, you just never know.

The one game at a time is about players being prepared to play each game without looking ahead and taking games off. It has nothing to do with fans expectations about the team, particularly when viewed against the rest of the league.

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Good points and theres nothing wrong with looking ahead and speculating about future games , but talking about playoffs this early is tempting fate. I still wince when Chad has to scramble for his life.

If we do get to the playoffs what a fantastic achievement that will have been, and easy schedule or not you still have to get there, and it could earn Mangini an award.

Differences between fans , me, I'm a one game at a time guy with half an eye on next week.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Not exactly sure what you mean by this.

My guess is you don't feel there are enough good teams.

11. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

If we do get into the playoffs and thats a BIG IF because there is still alot of games left to play. We will most likely be a One And Done team unless we get alot of balls that bounce our way. So for now I just look at one game at a time and Im just enjoying the ride One Game At A Time.

12. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I agree 100%

We're playing hard and with alot of heart. But we have real holes on this team. We can't take anybody for granted. We have no pass rush, we're having trouble stopping the run. Our running game was excellent last week. Lets see what kind of carry over we get. We're a work in progress. One game at a time.

13. SadlyAJetsFan

SadlyAJetsFan New Member

Well I had them going 4-12 so another win and they'll exceed my expectations. If we make the playoffs that's great, and if we don't that's fine too.