Ok...You are the GM what's your move

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetman8094, Apr 28, 2006.

1. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

Okay you are the Jets GM. What do you do? Personally, I would not trade for Bush at less you can get him for #4, #35, and a pick 5th round this year or 4th round next year or later. This draft is just way to deep and the Jets have way to many holes to fill. Also, while Bush was very successful in college he never really carried the ball that often. Can he be durable like Martin has been for the last 10 years? Second, Bush was a great SP returner in college. In the NFL that is a huge risk for injury and a probable reason to keep him off returns.

When it boils down to it in my opinion this draft has to many players that could contribute right away for the Jets to trade all their picks away for a predicted superstar. The Jets have many needs and many picks can fill those many needs. A smart draft makes the Jets better as a TEAM. A trade for Bush makes the Jets better at a position. That the key in my opinion the Jets need to become a better team not just fill one hole.

So let me know what you think and your thought and opioions. Also, please give reason for your arguement.

2. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

If the charts say #4, #29 and #71, then that's fine with me. We still have another early pick to shore up the OL. We can get some DL help in the 3rd.

It's Reggie Bush, not Ki-Jana Carter or Ronnie Brown!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

No one knows that yet only time will tell that.

4. Buttle

Buttle New Member

If I was the GM I would attempt to string NO along until draft day and force their hand so they have to draft D'Brick or Bush. If they draft Bush we win and get the better player in D'Brick. If they draft D'Brick then we can attempt to trade down when Bush falls to 4.

Realistically we are the only team that can trade with NO. Having Bush drop to us improves the marketability of the 4th pick and allows us the oppurtunity to pick up more talent. Kudos to Houston for not wasting their money and their pick on a part time situational player. Hopefully the Jets brain trust is as smart as Houston's.

5. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I keep the 29 and switch it with 35 and a pick next year.

6. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

"Kudos to Houston for not wasting their money and their pick on a part time situational player. Hopefully the Jets brain trust is as smart as Houston's."

Reggie Bush is not a situational player. He won the Heisman trophy this year and he was the best player coming out of high school too. He's been 5 Star for a long time. Come on!!!

7. The U

The U Member

#4, #71, and next yrs second

8. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

I love Reggie Bush and I think he will make an excellent NFL player but your logic doesn't quite stack up.

Jason White, Rashaan Salaam, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Eric Crouch & a bunch of other losers were all Heisman Trophy winners & didn't do shit in the NFL.

9. DGrab

DGrab New Member

Well I'd note that a majority of NFL teams have Bush rated as their #1 prospect while the guys you listed, everyone knew they were bums.

10. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

They would never do that. Offer #4, #35, #71 for #2. If they don't do that, offer 4, 29, 71 for 2 and a late rounder.

11. DGrab

DGrab New Member

I'd propose 4, 29 and next year's third.

12. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

WRONG!! Salaam didn't win the Heisman. The point is, Reggie has been the best player at every level he's played on. I think that translates to big time success in the NFL.

13. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Stay at 4. Don't move.

14. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

If they insist on 4 & 29, then they can have our last 4th rounder. If they will take 4 & 35, they can have our first fourth rounder. OR they can 4 / 35 and next year's 3rd.

15. MizzouJet

MizzouJet Well-Known Member

The problem for the Saints is that WE are their best hope at getting what they want out of this draft.

The only other potential 'suitor' with value to trade THIS YEAR (meaning if the Saints don't want to take a 'delayed' compensation package) other than the 49ers who have #6 and #22. And the 9ers have the same problem we do...we both need to restock thte roster with talent.

Personally, I would have offerred #4 and the 1st pick in the 2nd....not #29.

And,if I stay put, I know I get either D'Brick or Leinart PLUS I still have #29.

But that's just me....

16. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I posted something similar in 2 other thread, only I offered up the Edwards 4th rounder also. That's about 730 points in value assuming you discount next year's likely high 2nd rounder to a mid 2nd rounder.

17. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

That would take balls of steel IMO.

18. wcadams

wcadams Banned

I think if the FO is serious about #2 they might be dangling Dwayne along with the #4 and #71. NO did want a DL, who's on the board that might be rated higher than DR?

19. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

20. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

Anyone else want to get there say in before we pick?

#20 jetman8094, Apr 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2005