Official: No fans allowed in the stands at Jets games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Jul 17, 2020.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Today is the deadline to decide. I chose A. Hate doing it but I just think it's not worth it. I am not even worried for myself but I don't want to risk getting someone else sick or worse. Curious to see what others have decided.

Section 128 and JerseyJerk like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We have a group of eight and all four people who own a pair deferred to 2021. What’s the point? If the stands aren’t going to be packed then it kind of kills the allure of going to a football game. Not worth the stress especially for a team that probably isn’t going to win many games.

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I definitely understand. I have been going to games for a long time (Shea days). I will miss it. We have a group of people as well. Tailgaiting in the parking lot and then the game itself especially when the Jets are doing well make for fun times. It will be weird this fall watching every game at home assuming they can complete a full season.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not sure why they thought I was still a season ticket holder as I told them I wasn't going to renew. I answered A as well. Maybe next year team will be good and I will hop on the Season TIcket train again.

5. BroadwayAaron

At this point, tailgating is the main attraction for me but I go with my dad who is 65 and two other guys that are in their 60s. It's just not worth the risk and the stress. What I'm most bummed about is having to scrap our trip to Seattle. I travel a lot for work but Seattle has always alluded me and being there to watch the Jets in that stadium would have been an added bonus.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Too bad you missed out on the CHOP Zone!

It looks like a strong possibility that children aren't being sent back to school in September, which is beyond stupid; so how anybody thought the season was going to go off considering a scenario like the one you just mentioned is beyond me.

7. BroadwayAaron

It's far from beyond stupid that kids might not be back in school but that's another topic for another day. And the season is going to happen. There's way too much at stake for it not to happen. But I've been saying for months there aren't going to be any fans in any stands. Except for the dumb states like Texas and Florida.

8. jetophile

That's hilarious. What about I canceled are they not getting? Did they ignore you? You shouldn't have answered it, unless you're pranking them; because how are they going to put payments towards 2021 that you didn't pay unless you authorize them. Unless they, you know, they consider that "authorization". You should have picked REFUND, hello. How great would that have been if you got refunded for a season you didn't pay for, and then you just "forgot" about it. I would have cancelled my credit card the second the credit hit my account, hahaha.

Brook! likes this.
  9. jetophile

It is beyond stupid, but we can agree to disagree, it's the American Way. Well, it used to be.

Children who are negative and who are exposed to teachers who are negative have a lower hypothetical likelihood of bringing COVID-19 home to Grandma if they're practicing social distancing and wearing masks as opposed to sitting in a mixed crowd with a shit ton more people than a classroom in a Stadium full of high and low risk adults who have been exposed or could possibly be infected - unless I missed something.

Said another way, a kid in The New Dump at a game is more likely to bring home COVID-19 to Grandma than from Kindergarten when they are around other children who are on the low risk scale for being carriers as opposed to a much higher percentage and a greater volume of people that could be a threat. I don't know what's so hard about that for people who rely on Science.

That being said, keeping your Dad and other elderly people away from a mixed crowd is prudent and wise. So you see, just like the last time in a different thread, I'm not arguing with you.

As far as the season going off with or without crowds I don't think the NFL would actually be offering money back if they seriously believed it was going down. I thought two months ago that by this time it would be a yes, but it is so obviously not a yes. Now I don't think it happens, but I'm not Nostradamus. The funny part about Nostradamus is that he was full of shit.

jonnyd likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

All I'm gonna say to avoid a tangent is unless you're testing every day there's no way to know what teachers or students have COVID and if you think 2nd graders are going to sit all day 6 feet apart with masks on, you're just not living in reality.

Stadiums absolutely need to be shut down but that won't happen when you have states that STILL won't require facemasks and shut down non-essential businesses despite their death toll getting higher by the day and their hospitals reaching capacity.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think the seasons going to happen but it's going to be a real shitty sloppy product this year. Lots of bad tackling, miscommunications between quarterbacks and receivers, blown assignments on both side, etc.

Not to mention a shuffling in and out of players as starters test positive which leads to players struggling in systems. Which is even harder because I believe they've cut camp rosters down and obviously less preseason games.

The teams that have infrastructures in place for years like the Saints, Chiefs, Ravens, Packers, Vikings, 49ers, Seahawks, Steelers and Patriots are likely at the biggest advantage amongst maybe a couple others.

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I went with B. Not sure why you’d let them hold your money for another 6 months.

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

That’s my thinking too. Besides not being able to stomach 2 anthems and the health threat.

When we get a good vaccine and the NFL returns to sound policy I will return.

Brook! likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

I hope the NFL is watching what's going on in Orlando with the NBA. It's just not going to be possible with the NFL and a smooth product. It's a shame that the CBA and owners deal is so ironclad that it doesn't allow for flexibility. They should add coronavirus designations for expanded rosters.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kings-luke-walton-talks-zion-193100806.html

It's less specifically about Zion than it is the situation in Florida as a whole.

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

So what you’re saying is that everyone is reduced to our level?

Brook! likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't know you beyond this message board. But maybe you can fill us in. Did you blow a lot of assignments in your day?;)

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

stick to football...youre completely lost on the Covid dude.....

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

Totally man. My wife is a nurse that was treating covid patients 5 days a week during the peak in the northeast and my dad is a pulmonologist that dedicated his life to and found the first treatment for COPD who is now on medical boards specifically for covid treatments. I probably should listen to the guy on the internet that has issues following basic science, not either of them.

papapump and Vida like this.
  19. jetophile

Kids are not huge vectors. Everyone always talks about what is is"unknown" about COVID-19 yet selectively ignores what is known. What scientists say - including Fauci - is that children themselves are not largely at risk nor are they huge vectors. Unless you can't possibly entertain that Fauci could be wrong about anything at all.

None of this discussion is a tangent because it's the reason why or why not the NFL season is hanging on by a thread. I don't know why you get so defensive anytime anyone challenges you about anything. That's what discussion is about. Thanks for clarifying your self-proclaimed beyond reproach knowledge base, but everyone steers clear whenever people turn out to be wrong.

You never responded about why LabCorp petitioned me to donate my antibody rich COVID-19 blood. I don't think they would bother to do that if they thought it was useless several months after infection. Anyway, for the third time, not arguing, and thanks to your wife for helping the afflicted.

20. BroadwayAaron

No argument intended, purely discussion. From what I know through my part of the family that is in medicine, a lot of places won’t accept blood donations unless you have proof of a positive Covid test. The antibody tests aren’t 100% accurate and even if someone has a positive antibody test that doesn’t mean they have the correct or the amount of antibodies to donate blood to give it to someone that needs treatment.