New York Jets Film Review: Demario Davis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Connor Hughes, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Connor Hughes

Connor Hughes New Member

Faux machine, Axel3419 and NY Jets68 like this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I bet most NFL fans have no idea who Davis is which sucks since he is 14th in the NFL for tackles with 112. He's only 3 behind David Harris. We, by far, have one of the best ILB duos yet no one will ever admit it.

The 1985er and Mogriffjr like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Harris I feel maybe phased out this coming offseason. While he still has something to offer, he's just a liability in pass coverage for my tastes...essentially he's a 2 down LB. Strong against the run, sure tackler, can get off the block good. But he's average in speed and rather below average in pass coverage. Harris can still contribute but I feel the Jets need another guy with more speed and more coverage instincts to play alongside Davis.

4. Greenday4537

Yea, Harris doesn't have the speed to be elite. But his tackling is second to none and is what I strive for my little cousin to do when he plays LB.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Harris might be one of the players that will follow Rex to his next destination whether its Atlanta, Chicago or wherever he ends up next year. Harris might Rex's new teams version of Bart Scott when Rex signed him with the Jets after being hired. That is of course assuming Rex coaches next year.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Harris is very overrated.

NYJalltheway and Clark Gaines like this.
  7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Most Jet fans who know nothing would tell you its time to move on from Harris....why I have no fucking idea why we should move on from Harris at this point.Although I could see our new GM letting him walk

8. Greenday4537

We should absolutely move on from Harris if we have a better option. But we don't. Harris is slowing down but it doesn't seem to be affecting his production. He's smart and he's got great instincts. Can't replace that.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Harris is a good player and it would be nice if we could bring him back. We do not have anyone on the roster than could just step in and fill his shoes.

The biggest problem with Harris is that his recent contract was expensive and took up cap space that could have been used elsewhere. Since he is a free agent there may be an opportunity to pay him less but he could cost even more to bring back.

The other problem with Harris is that he is on the slow side. He is not getting any younger and finding a younger guy that can better cover intermediate pass routes might help us do better playing against Tom Brady twice a year.

At the right price I would like to see Harris in a Jet uniform next year. He is a sure tackler and leads the team in that category. If we go with the youth movement and bring in a young guy while Harris gets signed for $10+ mil somewhere else I think we made the right call under the circumstances.

LIJetsFan likes this.