Miano's mock (with trade)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Barry the Baptist, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

With LG and DT no longer a need we have some flexabilty with that #6 pick. I generally don't do trades but this year seems like a real possibilty with Dallas if DMC falls.

#6 Traded to Dallas for #22, #28 and next year's 2nd round pick.
    (If no trade Jets draft DMC)

#22 Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn: Maybe early but he projects well into a 3-4. Has good speed and adds a quality pass rusher. I guess they say he has a weak work ethic but they took a chance on Jenkins so why not Groves?

#28 Gosder Cherilus RT Boston College: Won't be a LT inthe pros but has big size and doesn't give up alot of sacks. May have some charcater concerns but hey who doesn't get into bar fights?

#36 James Hardy WR Indiana: Big at 6'5 and has great hands. Not really a speedy guy but I love his size and he did have a very good combine.

4th round Charles Godfrey CB Iowa : Good size and build at almost 6 feet and over 200 lbs. Has good speed at 4.4. He is a bit raw though so he likely is a project but he has some upside.

6th round Kevin O' Connell QB San Diego State: Played on an awful team but I've seen this guy a few times. Has good size and poise. Was coached by Chuck Long but that could be a positive or a negative. We need a 3rd QB this is no lose situation.

7th round: Doug Jones FB Cincinnati: A bruiser , huge at 6'4 275. Not alot of speed but with the addition to the OL should help open some holes.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I like this one a lot...

If the trade goes down for Dallas to move up, than I'd love our draft to look like this.

Groves could become the impact pass-rusher this team is looking for and Cherilus is a prototypical RT from an offensive line school.

James Hardy would be a huge addition to this offense. If he doesn't make it that far, consider Mario Manningham or Early Doucet. Any of the three WRs would make a big impact on offense.

Godfrey, O'Connell and Jones are all nice values in the mid-late rounds. Godfrey and O'Connell are nice projects while Doug Jones could step in as the occasional FB to open holes in the running game.

We have a selection from New Orleans in the 4th round this year as well, so you still have another choice there.

I'd love this draft though. Well done...

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's right I forgot about the Saints pick as it really has already been forgotten with all the conditional pick next year nonsense. I'd love to see us add some more DL depth like Dre Moore , DeMario Pressley or even Jason Jones.

4. JetFanInPA

My suggestion is a RB such as Tashard Choice, Mike Hart, Xavier Omon, Cory Boyd, Chauncey Washington or Jalen Parmalee. Someone who could potentially carry the load if Thomas Jones went down and somebody that can develop and ideally someday become a franchise type-back.

We could use another DE too I suppose. Dre Moore won't make it near this far as he ran a 4.88 and was a 2nd round prospect before this.

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

One Problem is IF the DEs (probably where they are going) Raiders like are off the board. Don't be supprised they don't do that deal with Dallas themselves.
    Raiders recoup draft choices as they are without a third and fifth rounders.
    There some nice talent atthe end of first that would fit in nice in oakland.

6. JetFanInPA

There is also some nice talent at the end of the first that would fit nice in New York. You can say that about any of the teams that participate in the NFL Draft....

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If the Jets are to make that trade with Dallas, I would be quite upset if they passed on Early Doucet at 22 or 28.

If the Jets stay where they are at and Doucet slips to the 2nd round that would be great. If they stay where they are at and Doucet gets picked in the 20s, then Hardy would be a good choice for their 2nd round pick.

I could see Doucet going to the 49ers. He would put up big numbers in that Mike Martz offense.

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I wish you had Tangini on a leash. Best mock I've seen so far. Good job man.

9. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

this would be awesome. i would totally love this draft taking a pass rushing olb with the first pick cherilous with the 2nd and hardy with our first second rounder. we also have another 4th that i think we should draft a mlb in.

if we picked up kendrell bell in free agency for a mlb who will come cheap and get calvin pace which looks like we will our d will be stacked and i think we could even make a playoff push

10. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I have a feeling in my gut that you need to switch the Cherilus and Hardy picks if you want to grab Hardy at this point. He had a very respectible combine and ran quite a bit faster than expected, so I'd think that he's gone by our second rounder. With respect to our team, he'd be the tall end zone threat we've been lacking since Keyshawn got traded. Plus, if Cherilus is gone by #36, we can likely still go for Nicks out of Nebraska at RT.

Like Cakes said, Early Doucet should be a good option at reciever as well. I'm eager to see how his pro day goes since he didn't participate at the combine. From what I've seen of him, he reminds me a lot of Coles and if the Coles situation gets sticky he might be able to more easily step into the offense than someone like Hardy.

Just some constructive criticism. Excellent mock otherwise Rich. If we end up with these 3 picks, I think there should be no doubt that we should go RT-WR-OLB with the 3 picks.

11. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I love this mock too. I doubt Hardy falls to our second - but being as you forgot about the 4th from the saints - let's say you used that pick to move up a couple of spots to get Hardy and call it a day : )

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I think DAL would rather part with Julius Jones or Marion Barber due to the price that each would ask for eventually.

Switch the Groves and Cherilus picks and I'd like it. I only say that because there will be a greater need at OT than DE/OLB so no need to gamble.

13. Konodmb41

Konodmb41 New Member

Yea I like the RB idea possibly in the fourth- Kevin Smith or Steve Slaton

14. Konodmb41

Konodmb41 New Member

And I would also take Nicks over Cherilus...bigger, more versatile, and has experience with callahan

15. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Doucet is not a first rounder.

16. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I think the best thing that could happen to the Jets is they pull off a trade like this with the Cowboys. And they also move Robertson for a third round pick. I think Robertson does get traded before the draft.

The only two players I really want at 6 are Chris Long and Jake Long. I like gholston but I think for a top 10 pick he's much more an athlete then a football player. I know our coaching staff doesn't want one dimensional players and it would take him a long time to learn how to play linebacker in the NFL.

So Mcfadden falls to 6 we trade him with the Cowboys. At 22 we take Harvey or Groves. At 28 we take Cherilus and at 36 we take Doucet.

I would be extremely happy if we got a pass rusher, a right tackle and a wide receiver on the first day.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Not bad for a 'pool fan.
    I too would switch the Groves/Cherilus picks , but if Schefter is yo be believed (and why not?) we are going to be picking up a RT before the draft , "sometime early next week". But you can't have enough good linemen.

I would also use the NO to pick up another FS, (Thomas DeCoud??) as Coleman has now gone. Elam looks like he might step up into that spot though.

18. DougBrien'sABum

DougBrien'sABum New Member

The Jets should definately take a look at Joe Flacco, the QB from Delaware. He has by far the strongest arm in the draft and I've seen him make throws that only a great player can make. His build and athletic talent alone are enough for the jets to take a shot at him

19. zeike

zeike New Member

Nice

I like this option a lot. Including the Groves and Cherilus picks. I think they will both be solid players and I like Groves more than Gholston, as I have seen both play many times, especially given that Groves is a much better value in the 20's. Also agree that we need to pick up a WR or two as well as some CB and LB depth. Not sure about the FB pick, I would probably look for some value at RB as well. Personally, I would wait on on QB until next year, unless CP is to be traded.

20. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Id rather they pick the reciver with the latter pick in the first and see what happens in the second