Marshawn Lynch

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Ibleedgreen18, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Ibleedgreen18

Ibleedgreen18 New Member

I know its too early to be talking about next years draft but seeing as how runningback is a major need have you guys heard anything about Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson or Michael Bush's character? They are all nasty talents but our new regime seems pretty interested in character so I was wonderin if you knew if these guys are stand up guys or liabilities etc. I just saw an interview with Marshawn Lynch and it seemed like he had a speech impetement but he seemed like a pretty decent guy...granted thats an interview but even so.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You're right, it's way too early to start talking about this. Maybe if it's in the Draft forum you'll see more responses.

3. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

If the Jets don't want to take a big chance on character in the 1st round in '07, they may want to wait until the second or third round where they may come upon Lynell Hamilton (RB San Diego State). "IF" this guy can stay healthy this coming season, he may make his way into the first round.

Injury concerns could knock him down to the 2nd or 3rd round; but, overall talent-wise, he would be a steal.

How 'bout some of Georgia's horses, Danny Ware and Kregg Lumpkin?

Penn State's Tony Hunt?

#3 Trey Ko, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  4. croden14

croden14 New Member

i dont like tony hunt and i dont think he will be a good nfl RB, and for those uga RB's, both r juniors, maybe one will come out, but i see thomas brown getting the majority of the carries between those 3 so if any georgia RB comes out, it will probly be thomas brown...

5. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

holy shit mods please shut this fuckin thread down the season hasnt even started yet dumbass talk about the draft when the seasons over!!!

6. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

Mabye you should worry about yourself more. Dropping F bombs and calling people dumbasses will have the mods shutting you down, not this thread. :up:

7. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

*cough, cough, achem!!!!*

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

As long as neither of them are full blown team cancer, I don't think it will be a HUGE concern. I know both Mangini and Tannenbaum have preached character, and things of that nature, but that's more for the foundation of the roster. That was Belichick's motto when he built the foundation of the team in his first year or two, and he hasn't been afraid to add questionable characters like Dillon, or Harrison. If RB proves to be a glaring hole, and we have the ability to select a player like Marshawn Lynch, while his character will certainly be something looked at, I don't think it will make or break whether the team drafts him. Each and every year that goes by, as the foundation is built with the "tough, hard working" players, the team will then look at the best available TALENT that can help put the team over the top.

Of course, this could all be a moot point if Lynch, Peterson, Bush, and other elite talents all have the highest character, and are smart and hard working.

9. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I think you're overrating the character concern issue.

Parcells managed LT. The Pats acquired Corey Dillon, and tolerated Ty Law for years.

While the bulk of Mangini's efforts will go towards building a character team, he will not disregard talent in those pursuits.

-X-

10. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

hey fuck u

11. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

As far as I know, all three have had clean careers, meaning no off the field incidents, but you never really know until the teams talk to old coaches, family, etc.

And because they were mentioned, I like all three UGA backs, Brown would be my favorite to watch in college, but I think Ware may project the best to the NFL. SDSU's Lynell Hamilton has a serious game as well, I wish he was on a bigger stage to really show what he can do; at least we got the occassional Memphis game on TV in the NY area to see DA last year, you never get Aztec games.

12. I don't think any of them have character issues. However, choosing between the 3, assuming all 3 stay healthy and live up to potential, will come down to what style of RB we want. All 3 have very different styles...

-Peterson is Eric Dickerson esque w/ good size, quickness and outside speed

- Lynch is a smaller type w/ a very good first step, blazing speed and quality recieving skills

- Bush is similar to Ronnie Brown, wherein he has a blend of size and speed w/ a powerful running style.

As for the UGA backs..I've liked Ware since his freshman year..and believe he has a chance to be a good NFL rb.