Mangini getting my lowest grade of all rookies

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets41815162342, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

First let me say this:
    1) I was not a big Herm fan, mostly because of his poor gameday managment (ie: clock management, half time adjustments)

2) I am a glass half full type of guy. I want to believe that Mangini is the next Gruden, Parcells or Bill B.

That said, I have some serious concerns regarding the new administration.

1) The idea of that everything has to be kept Top Fu*&*ng Secret is getting out of hand and is becoming a major distraction. Tell me if you think im wrong, but the Media embargo the player rotations and the rediculous depth chart are starting to effect this team in a bad way.

Yes the coach is the leader, we all get it, his way or the highway, yada yada yada ...

I have been watching preseason games since 1986 and I have never seen a Jets team this bad. I'm not talking talent, I'm talking CONFIDENCE and ATTITUDE. This coach has kicked the dog one too many times and the dog doesn't know whether to sh*& or go blind.

Let me tie this thought up ... Mangini is trying to "copycat" his way to credibility by taking the "lessons" of his mentors and creating a "winning culture" in Jetsland. Can you say BUZZWORDS. I'm starting to think this guy has no clue what the F he is doing and is doing it based on his perception of what he observed others do.

The "every job is up for grabs" and "scheduled rotation" mantras have created a team of leaderless drones scared to make a mistake and has basically taken the fun out of the game. They are coaching, playing and looking scared and tentative. You all saw it for 4 weeks now. Big F*&^ing mistake by Mangini.

2) Shotty is lost. In over his head.

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Ok then, now tell us how you REALLY feel...

I'm sure Mike Tice would of been a better option, damn, what were the Jets thinking.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

LOL. I guess you thought Mangini was the second coming of Christ? ALL rokie HC (and OC's) will make some mistakes. I happen to disagree with what you think are mistakes already.... we haven't played a regular season game yet, and you are already ripping the CS apart.... typical Jets fan.

4. baamf

baamf Active Member

I don't agree with your first point, I like the tight lipped way he is running this organization and players should be scared to make a mistake. His head is totally in the game at all times something Herm never could do. One example from last night. When he yelled at Graham for not using more clock before the punt. Little things like that help win close games.

As for Schotty, you may be right. So far I have not been impressed but I'll hold my opinion until I see a few real games....

5. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Pennington should have played last night. This offense needs all the work it can get. Honestly, who cares if the opponents see some of Shottys scary-good game plan and state-of-the-art plays. Let, no demand, that Chad throw the damn ball over 40 yards 5 or 6 times during the preseason. I mean what the F*&#, it' the preseason and a good time to see everyone's limitations.

Bottom Line: This offense has not gotten any better in four preseason games. That is a major red flag.

6. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Schottenheimer hasn't blown me yet away either, but with that being said, I'm not sure what I was expecting from him in preseason.

7. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I really f**king hope schotty isn't opening up the playbook during preseason.

8. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I don't get why the secrecy thing bothers anyone personally I love it. Also this post is rediculous. Any football fan with evan infantile knowledge of the game knows preseason means nothing. There's vanilla playbooks, a bunch of guys getting used to each other, and just about zero intensity compared to a regular season game. If you want to trash Mangini your entitled to your opinion but at least give the guy a few regualr season games where you can at least have some legitimate issues with him to back your thoughts up. How many time have we all seen a team go 4-0 in preseason and end up winning only a handful of games and how many time have we seen really good teams not win a game or only win 1?

9. GreenMachine

I wish I could sleep and only wake up on September 10th at around 10 AM.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Chad should not have played. Teams barely ever play their starters during the 4th preseason game. It is nothing new. Teams use the 3rd game as a dress rehearsel and then sit the starters for the 4th to avoid injury. This is typical of all teams every year. It has nothing to do with hiding anything.

As for the offense getting better during preseason. It is not a red flag, it is the preseason. It is a way for teams to get some hits on an opposing team as practice for the season, to get some film to practice from, and to evaluate the roster. We had a great preseason record under Herm, how did that work out? Some teams go 1-3 and then make the playoffs. It just doesn't matter.

I wish people would stop overreacting to the damn preseason so much. Although we are Jets fans....ugh....back to the bunker....

11. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The offense has struggled but wasn't that expected? Everybody talked the talk all offseason about it being a rough year, but now -- before the season even begins! -- we're already calling for the coach's head. The first team D has looked good but of course that goes ignored. Let's just focus on what's wrong and bitch about it. Ah, to be a Jets fan.

12. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

i think we have a head coach hater on our hands

if we had dick vermiel or john madden (of old) or vince lombardi he would still say they suck

nothing new...there are alot of them

13. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

The man has a notebook the size of a yellow pages book that he has been keeping since he wasa ballboy. He has learned from the best on tried and true teams. He's using what he learned from his experiences and integrating his own ideas. It's the way of life.
    And you're knocking him for it.

14. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Ridiculous post. Mangina has to be a great coach – he has breathed the same air as Bill Bellifraud. That alone made him the best candidate for the opening.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

(1) Couldn't care less about the secrecy towards the media. I don't for a second think that it has the slightest effect on the players, either.

(2) On a team with as many holes and question marks as the Jets, anything other than an "every job is up for grabs" mentality would have been insane. Who exactly on this team is good enough to think that they should be guaranteed a job?

(3) I have no clue what you mean by a lack of confidence, a bad attitude, leaderless drones, taking the fun out of the game, looking scared, or looking tentative. I put very little stock in preseason, but didn't they actually win two of the games? What exactly were you expecting?

(4) It is very possible that Schottzy is in over his head. If so, either he will get better, or he will be gone. Since IMO this is a .500 at best team anyway, they can afford to see if he can do anything with the offense.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well that is good to know but it really shouldn't be the reason you don't like him.. :eek:hmy:

17. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

If the Jets suck this year.....why would you blame the coaches first????You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***..........

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I think it's way too soon to form these opinions. Let atleast 1/2 a season play out and relax.

19. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

ive decided not to care about Jets44545661814564545656456164564562342's opinion on rookies this season

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

what a dumb thread.....Ill just inquire about one part? how the hell do you know that the blowing off of the media has become a distratcion??? why would it? how would it?