Macc... Trade or Cut Petty ASAP!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Cmon Macc. Have a heart. This team doesn't have a fckn clue how to develop a Qb. They refuse to upgrade perhaps the worst Oline in the game. The hit Petty took tonite is the second time the Jet Oline has tried to kill him.

What has Petty ever done to you Macc? Why do you hate this kid so much that you won't trade him but have no real plans to keep him? You want Hack because he's your second 2nd round pick? Fine. Trade or Cut Petty so he can get picked up by a real team, with a real CS.

Give the kid a chance and trade him Macc. That way, you can have Hack take all the time he needs to become the next Peyton Manning.

#FreePettyNow!

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Matt Moore has more touchdowns in one game this season than Petty has had this season. Enough said. I love Petty and I love the heart his plays with but he's just not that good.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Great.. then cut or release Petty. I'm pretty sure there are teams out there that can coach the kid up. Let Hack get killed behind this Oline and dumb assed CS. Send Petty to a team with a real CS and a history of grooming young talent. That is certainly NOT the New York Jets.

june19 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm sure playing on a shit tier team has nothing to do with it.

5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If I was a team that had a maturing QB like the Saints I'd be on the phone with Mac giving a draft pick for Petty right now. Barring he survived that hit.

LarryAlRalph and Cman68 like this.
  6. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Petty is no Favre. He's not as tough.

7. Cman68

Well, since he's not Farve, Macc should trade him for a bag of chicken nuggets.. I don't care how Petty gets away from this fckn gulag of a franchise as long as he does.

NYJetsO12 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  8. Cman68

I think the Saints would be a great fit for the kid. He could learn a new system from a potential HOF Qb in a competent atmosphere. Trading Petty would be the best Christmas Gift Macc could give Petty.

9. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I kind of laugh at Jets fans on this board sometimes.
    First it was "We have to sign Fitzpatrick!!!" Then it was "Dump Fitz, play Petty or Hackenberg!!!" Now it's "Dump Petty!!!"
    Face it, this is it!!! There is no one on this roster to save this team!!! Stop hoping for a messaih, because he ain't walking through that door anytime soon!!!
    Let's see how the season plays out and then bitch and moan in the off-season about EVERYTHING!!!

My hope is this...Bowles stays, The coordinators and assistants go!!!
    Maccagnan better be working overtime to find players for next year.

The question Jets fans have to ask themselves "Do they have stomach to endure another rebuilding season?"
    Or do they want to win now???

LWC611 and zace like this.
  10. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Seriously.

People say that Petty doesnt have it. No, this coaching staff doesnt have it. Guys are dropping passes left and right, our back-up lineman are playing like absolute scrubs. Ijalana has been in the league for 5 years already, how is he THIS bad? You would think he would have fucked off by now?

My biggest gripe is Marshall, one of our leaders. What is with his mopey unenthusiastic attitude? 1 year with Fitzpatrick has caused you to give up on anyone not a bearded noodlearmed asshole? Where is his pride? God, I wish Decker were around, at least I know he'd at least give it his all.

How is the biggest problem on our team the secondary when thats what Todd played his entire career? How is his secondary so gawddamn bad? How does he not have an answer to this?

What can Petty even do?

11. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

To be fair, very few are tough as Favre. We absolutely need to address our offensive line this coming draft and off-season or nobody will survive playing qb for the Jets.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This about sums it up

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

13. jxc

jxc Active Member

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im not sure why everyone here is scapegoating Petty. He was over matched pretty much the entire game. Hes not the answer. Of he played a full season, hes on pace to throw more ints than Bortles whos second only to Fitzpatrick. Ues the o line played like shit, but he took sacks and hits he could have avoided. This team had quality skills players and he cant use them. Im sorry, i know some want him to be the answer, he is not. You dont need 20 games to figure it out if a guy is that bad. I said it in the preseason and ill say it again, hes not going to save this franchise. He wasnt even the 2nd best qb on the roster in the preseason. That's saying something. This whole qb situation was fucked up from the start.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

june19, FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

I dunno, Bryce gave me more hope than I've had in a while at least in the first half. He's young, he'll make mistakes.

Or maybe my standards have been driven into the ground by watching the Jets trot out absolute dreck at the QB spot over the last five years...

16. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

You don't know very much about Marshall's history do you?
    If this were the old Brandon Marshall when he played with the Broncos and Dolphins, he would went off on EVERYBODY!!!
    This year's Marshall has tried to be supportive of whomever is at quarterback.
    How would you feel if you were used to getting the ball most of the time, and now he hardly sees the ball.
    I have applaud him for trying to stay positive. This has been a tough season for a guy who is at the end of his career.

june19 likes this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That opening drive had me drooling out of the mouth, mostly because I started Anderson in fantasy playoffs but, it gave me hope about Petty. He looked really good that drive and then everything just went downhill after our 2nd drive on O. That hit that Wake had on Petty to force the fumble might've knocked some bolts loose in his brain or something. I'm still excited to see Petty play the next 2 games but boy does he really have to show me something. First how about a positive TD to INT ratio. He's thrown a pick in every game he's played so far. I want to see him not turn the ball over.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Seriously? You're going to compare a veteran QB who is one of the better backups in the NFL to a rookie playing his 3rd game behind a shit OL, with a clueless CS?

Jets fans. SMH

dogg, TwoHeadedMonster, macbk and 5 others like this.
  19. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I'm watching Bryce in the post game press conference. What a good kid. Taking responsibility for not getting more throws to Brandon. As if balls bouncing off hands is his fault.

He is in obvious pain, but he is out there taking the blame and promising to get better. Sorry haters, Bryce is the kind of guy you build a team around.

20. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Trade? Hes not worth anything. He is also the best qb we have on the roster. Think of that. We couldn't trade him for a sack of shit and he is our best qb. The future looks bright.