Little Boys Letter to Brandon Jacobs

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by mezzavo, Jun 7, 2012.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

#1 mezzavo, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. jet setter

jet setter New Member

Nice story

3. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Something about this just isnt right to me.

Sounds like the parents are either butt hurt because Jacobs wouldnt take a paycut, or they turned what should have remained a cute anecdote into a plea for exposure or free stuff.

Whatever if the kid is real then good for the kid, a true fan.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that's really neat. What a good kid. I'm glad his letter found Brandon Jacobs and that it meant something to Jacobs, I hope he can make it up to the kid.

Idk why but it reminds me of my nephew back in the day.

In kindergarten/1st grade or something he would write his name as " AL TOON " on all of his papers haha. The teacher was cool enough to play along and just knew it was him everytime. I think he learned how to write Al's name better than his own! I'm pretty sure he didn't put Al's name on his college term papers though HAHA..

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty lame.

Kid should have sent the money to Manningham or bought ice cream cone. Kid obviously doesn't have an understanding on evaluating talent/value of player to team. Jacobs was close to being run out of New York half way into the season and he is old rundown running back.

I expect him to get upset again when he doesn't get carries in SF. I also expect him to get a total of 5yds when SF come to face the Jets.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

My cousin is a teacher she said one of her students always signs his papers "Dickey Trickle" and writes somewhere on the paper "Let's get weird!" Random, but I thought it was hilarious!