Justin Miller is the fastest man in the NFL???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cotch, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

My friend just called me, and said he saw an artical about how JM ran at the Probowl, and won that 40 yard dash competition. That's crazy- I'm sure I'm going to have 10 deadbeats yelling at me saying that so and so is faster, blah blah blah, but if he is even one of the top 10 fastest guys in the league, I'm impressed. He's build pretty thick, and can hit hard- Mangini should be able to coach this guy into a serious ball player. He has certainlly done more with less during his days in NE. I really hope this kid can be a big part of out teams success next year.

2. jetmatt12

jetmatt12 New Member

only 4 ppl ran in it, and the reigning champ deangelo hall didnt show up. Still, very impressive, and the rest of your post makes a good point

3. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Whats 'he has certainly done more with less during his days in NE.' mean?
    dw, i thought u meant miller.

and please search

#3 Twombles, Feb 14, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Forrest Gump was the fastest man on Alabama too. Well at least in the movie. :)

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Im Glad he was able to take something from the experience that he can call his own acomplishment. PLus dont they recieve some decent coinage by attending and playing in the pro bowl? A Jet Represented !

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

And he still got burned in the probowl

btw, this was posted last week

7. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

check other threads before you post...and he hits hard? what are you talking about? I mean maybe he hits the ground hard after he wiffs on another tackle...but thats about it

8. themantda

themantda New Member

wow Ive never seen so much hatred for a Jet player that has done nothing to warrant it. Yea he need a lot of improvement, but other than against Indy I cant remember a time where he helped cost us a game (btw he had a td that game).

In fact-he helped us more than he hurt us by giving our pedestrian O great field position every time the other team kicked the ball.

Instead of bashing the guy, let take him at what he is and hope he can turn into a solid corner

#8 themantda, Feb 15, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I agree ,It seems no matter what some players do ,there's going to be negativity about something . A Jet represented for the Jets this year guy's and thats a good thing. If Justin had ran one back there would still be people saying ; so what he still got burned!?

Back in the late 80's My father asked me if the Jets moved to another state or Change there local or left the NFL, Who would you root for . I said Dad, I would root for the Jets no matter where they moved or I would root for the worst team in the league. That is still true today ! Are you a fan?

10. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

hes a terrific KR, he sucks at the CB position... why is that hard to grasp?

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I've always felt that when you're dealing with hundreths of a second, you could run that race 10 times and get 10 different winners. All those guys are faster than shit.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ala...devin hester

13. GreenMachine

14. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

That's a great point and something I've never thought about. Very interesting way of looking at it and quite true I'm sure.

15. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

Yeah, he does hit hard-- that was part of his upside coming out of college, and if you remember, in the last 2 games of the year, he made 2 monster hits, both of which perfect form tackles- with his helmet in the chest, got low, picked the guy up, and slammed the player on his back. Back to back games he made some of the best looking tackles I have ever seen by any defensive player, let alone a 200 lb corner.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'd like to say that's my own bit of wisdom, but a guy I trained with when I was in college told me that and it always stuck with me because it makes a lot of sense. I played WR and I worked with this guy over the summer here in NJ on my 40 time. If anyone remembers Lydell Mitchell from the 70s Colts, this was his cousin Sam. Good guy.

17. FreemanMcNeil24

FreemanMcNeil24 New Member

2nd best kick returner in the league

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Boo GM. ha ha :)

19. themantda

themantda New Member

Do you think we, as Jets fans, could ever appreciate a player and show him support, rather than point out every player we have's weaknesses?

20. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Of course Johnny "Lam" Jones was one of the fastest men on the PLANET..not just the Jets...That didn't work out so well.

I'm not a Justin Miller hater at all, but this coming year he MUST show some iimprovement in his CB responsibiities. He can not let his KR acomplishments get to his head, preventing him from becoming a better all around player.