Jets to use Tebow at RB on Sunday

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by HardHitta, Oct 18, 2012.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The Jets didn't sign a running back this week because of Tim Tebow's ability to play the position, sources tell ESPN New York.
    Both Bilal Powell (shoulder) and Joe McKnight (ankle) are out, leaving only undrafted rookie Jonathan Grimes behind starter Shonn Greene. Beat writer Rich Cimini takes that as a "sure sign" Tebow will be involved. Look for him to top his season-high of five carries and handle the short-yardage work. The Jets are going to have to pull all the tricks out of the bag to hang with the Patriots in Foxboro.

Source: Rotoworld.com via Rich Cimini Twitter.

2. Clifton59

Clifton59 Banned

I hope they are not planning on using him too often at Rb. I am not sure how well his QB running skills will translate to RB

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This pisses me off.

Kahlil Bell could've been brought in to at least be an insurance policy in case Greene gets injured. He is a competent RB with good hands.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow will not get any more than his 5 direct snaps...its just gamesmanship.

#4 CowboysFan, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  5. Clifton59

Clifton59 Banned

I tend to think you are correct I hope so.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I like the move. If Greene gets hurt I don't think we can beat the Pats anyways, may as well use our roster spots more efficiently to back him up.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Tebow should get a chance, he had good success against New England last year at times

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I hope you're right on this. Shonn Greene tends to go out at the worst times. I think Tebow might see much more action than we anticipate if Greene comes up holding his ribs at some point in the game.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

well if Green gets hurt that is a different story at that moment he would probably go in as much as grimes.

#9 CowboysFan, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  10. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

So as I take this - Ciminininini has observed that the Jets didn't sign a RB this week so he has looked at his crystal ball and determined Tebow is now at RB. No sources - no personal observations just a "sure sign".

If they had signed a RB this week how likely is it he/she would have been in the offense this game?

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with it. Personally I think they should be lining him up all over the field at random times to throw off the defense. Even if you put him out there in RB position and it's a passing play it could still throw off the defense. Assuming he can block worth a damn, as the PPP I would hope he can.

They did it last game when they put Cromartie out as WR but then did a rushing play, it threw off the defense because the instinct is they are subbing in a receiver for a receiving play. Won't work every time, especially against BB, but it wouldn't be terrible to at least try.

I'm not saying he should get 20 carries but as long as Greene doesn't go down hurt he won't be relied on too much in the RB role. More just to switch things up and rest the other two RBs.

12. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

he/she??? lol

13. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

Woo Hoo! Shannon knot sew Sharpe will be calling in the National Guard again this game!

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't take anything more than Cimini just making an educated guess that's what they'll do.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea though.

15. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

It's highly questionable as to how effective Tebow would be running from the RB position, as opposed to taking direct snaps and/or running read/option.

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

At least one person understands how this game is played.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Really? I'd love to hear a couple of examples of that. They hit him hard and he coughed up the ball numerous times.

18. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Tebow in first game against the Pats.

12 carries, 93 yards, 7.8 ypc, 2 rushing TDs, 30 yards longest carry.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He didn't gain shit on planned runs or option runs, which are the closest thing to acting as a RB. His yards were of the QB draw and scrambling variety, like he did to the Jets earlier in the year.

He also fumbled 3 times in the 2 games.

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Brandon Spikes must be licking his chops right now, legends has it that Tebow and Spikes sometimes didn't get along at Florida.