Jets RB situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thatisjetsfootball, May 14, 2013.

1. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

I'm still not extremely comfortable with our RB situation.
    Why don't we sign on a one-year deal a FA RB to complement what we have?

Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, Michael Turner, Cedric Benson, Peyton Hillis

I'd like to go after Turner or Bradshaw on a cheap one year deal.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

No...............

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ivory, Goodson and Powell will workout just fine. Each bring something different to the table. I like our 3 backs.

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Tbh, I'm incredibly excited and 100% comfortable about out running back situation.

5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

This x1000. Our new RBs combined with our competition/depth at OL has a chance to be pretty good. I can't wait to see Ivory running angry in green and white.

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'm good with our backs right now. I don't like any of those Free Agent running backs anyways, so I'd pass.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

No

filler

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No point in bringing on any of those guys. We are REBUILDING, I don't get why some people still can't grasp this concept. When you're rebuilding, you take chances on young prospects and let them figure it out on the field. The best way for a player to get better is to have in-game experience. What is the point in bringing in injury-prone backs like Bradshaw, Hillis or Turner if you aren't going to be competing?

No thank you. I'd rather let Ivory and Goodson figure it out for the next two years so that when we are ready to go, we have two, maybe three backs with two years of in-game, legitimate experience.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Double no...................

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Greene showed good durability last year & throughout his career he's been very good with fumbles. However, this year's RB core is much more talented. The RB you've listed are more well-known but I don't think they really add enough talent to justify an additional roster spot.

Give this year's RB core a chance. They're better receivers, better at gaining yardage once they get past the line of scrimmage, better at breaking tackles and they've also got something to prove (from backing up more established RB or high draft pick RBs). The more legit concern is that they haven't been given the chance to show they can go 16 games injury free.

#10 ajax, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm more than comfortable. Still think McNight might be the surprise during training camp

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

love this

RUN ANGRY
    [​IMG]

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I get how you can be incredibly excited but I don't know how anyone can be 100% comfortable about our RB situation.

Two injury prone RBs that have never proven to be able to carry the load to go along with two very mediocre RBs is not exactly comforting.

14. BroadwayAaron

Two RBs that have never been given the opportunity to carry the load, but when they have they've produced. That's what you meant I think.

15. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Powell showed promise last season, McKnight has shown flashes, Ivory and Goodson are both out to prove they can be #1 RBs.

Cooooooommmmpeeeettttiiiiittttiioooooooon IDZIK! I can't wait for TC.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Jones signed with Philly.

No point in bringing in older guys.

17. NFL

NFL Active Member

I loved how Marty said that we would be using all RBs and WRs. I really like our RBs. I'm not going to say that one of them could carry the entire load all year, but I think they compliment each other very well. I'm really looking forward to McKnight playing.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Nope not what I meant as you are contradicting yourself. They have produced in limited roles but have never had the opportunity to carry the load for a variety of reasons. One being that neither one has proven to be able to stay on the field long enough to carry the load.

I'm excited about the potential but you are kidding yourself if you think the RB situation is comforting

19. BroadwayAaron

Well it would be contradictory if your reasoning was correct. It's not. Neither has proven to be able to stay on the field long enough to carry the load? Was it that, or were they stuck behind legitimate starters? Goodson was behind DeAngelo and Stewart, then McFadden. Ivory was part of a 4 RB rotation on a pass heavy team.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If this was last year when the Jets were trying to be competitive then yeah. This year we have 4 quality RB's on the roster. Powell proved he is an NFL caliber RB, Goodson and Ivory produced when given opportunities, and McKnight is serviceable. Let the young guys battle it out at training camp.