Jets Raising Season Ticket Prices 10%, Deadline to Renew is 11/15 As Opposed to Spring

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetophile, Oct 26, 2023.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Well, well, looky thar. I was never on board with the Tebowesque farcical signing of Aaron Rodgers but here is your New York Jets FO strong arming season ticket holders to pony up more $ and pay early because of "increased demand" when Rodgers lasted four plays and 75 seconds. If anything, the "increased demand" is because at 3-3, the Jets are still alive on an upward trajectory WITHOUT Rodgers on the field.

The idea behind this legal extortion is that he's coming back and all that, yay, whee. How about this? Let's just say Zach Wilson blooms before our very eyes and does the unfathomable: he miraculously becomes an undeniable NFL caliber QB. Let's just say that.

I would rather be legally extorted - consensually, of course - for a draft flub turned Miracle Baby than an Aaron Rodgers pipe dream I never bought in to in the first place.

Personally I think the inept Jets FO is playing two against the middle here. The ruse is that it's all about "seeing Aaron Rodgers play". I couldn't give a chuck about that. The Jets haven't won anything yet with him under center except a Tanbenbaumesque/Woody Johnson Buffoons of the Year Award with this ill-fated nonsense.

"That's easy for you to say because it failed so far!" No, not really. I had it pegged for four games, not four plays. All I know is I'm on board with whoever gives us the best chance to win. Theoretically, it was Rodgers because ya know, Zach was a spoiled brat and also ca-ca. However, it was a pyrrhic choice that this fan base got boxed in with.

If Wilson can turn adversity into shocking sustainable growth then thanks, Aaron. And, REALLY putting the cart before the horse, what happens then? You bench Zach Wilson for winning and turning into a leader and a team player because Rodgers . . . ? Because Rodgers WHAT. He gave me four plays.

His mentoring and football knowledge and acumen is great and all that, so the Jets should've paid him as a QB coach if he was interested in relaxing instead of letting his ginornous ego get in the way. It has Caligula written all over it: "I am a God " Yawn, whatever.

Everything I've said is going to garner a lot of ridicule, so ridicule away. It's a multi-layered subject and there's plenty of rational ammo in my counterpoint dept., so have at it. In the meanwhile, enjoy your upcoming "Rodgers Tax" increase seeing as he's not playing Sunday and Rita Wilson is.

https://www.nj.com/sports/2023/10/jets-are-raising-season-ticket-prices-for-2024.html

https://nypost.com/2023/10/24/sport...ticket-prices-as-aaron-rodgers-drives-demand/

Sunday is huge, btw. I'm already pacing. GO JETS!

papapump, Brook!, barfolomew and 3 others like this.
  2. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I agree with your comments JET-O.

All of my tailgate buddies are railing at the FO and are considering a hard pass on season ticket renewal.

I read in the Post yesterday that the Jets FO decided to increase prices due to demand?

They claimed that the Bills game and the Eagles game got sold out (not a common experience in Jet land).
    They also report that tickets on the secondary market are being sold at 60% over face value.

If true seems they want some of that secondary market action for themselves.

The “ increase in demand” rationale for raising ticket prices is quite a gamble for the Jets FO. Especially in an economy getting whacked by high inflation. Expenditures for entertainment have a limit.

If I had their crystal ball I’d be in Vegas baby!

94Abraham and Brook! like this.
  3. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Tickets in demand.? I am a season ticket holder also. They reached out to me about buying more chargers tickets. Was shocked. I asked my ticket rep about the price increase. He said you don't have to buy.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not defending the Jets, but everything in the world has gone up exponentially because of inflation. Why would ticket prices be any different?

hornblower likes this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Pricing is all about suppy and demand--they have x amount of season tickets and they believe the demand for them will allow them to charge y price and still sell them all. If they get it wrong initially they will then reduce price.

In a lot of ways the guys who have been buying season tickets for years are responsible for the current price since they have demonstrated that they will continue to purchase year after year apparently insensitive to price hikes--also the system whereby you lose your seat etc makes it difficult. Even if you cancel and then prices come down, you're going to get a worse seat most likely. The NFL is a smart organization and they know how to get the most out of the consumer.

#5 IDFjet, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I can understand the 10% price increase. Everything goes up and the Jets have a good team. But why the Nov 15 deadline. It has always been after the season when they send out the renewal notices. There have been times in the past (not many of course) where the demand for Jets tickets was a hot item like the back-to-back AFCCG appearances with Rex and the Jets still waited until after the season to send out the renewal notices.

7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

No argument from me, but why the need to collect by this November?!?!?

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Why not? They know the majority are gonna decide and renew whether it’s November or May. It’s just a sound business decision.

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--and in addition to all the consumer manipulations they get nearly 5% on whatever sales they bring in now given the current money market rates--why wait until May when you can collect in November and get an annual rate of 5% on the collection?

When rates were 1% or less this wasn't as big an income producer.

10. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

They could keep their season tickets. I was "scammed" into buying them for this season and after Rodger's got hurt I put them all up for sale.

I left at halftime of the Bills game I couldn't bare watching Zach play 1 more min.

It takes me 2 hours to travel in each direction.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

How were you "scammed"?

Jetsfansince95 and dawinner127 like this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Maybe Blake Martinez got involved in jets ticket sales after scamming everyone for Pokémon cards.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  13. Jetsfansince95

I was being sarcastic. By the injury.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jets clearly want to sell as many season tics as possible before the inevitable season collapse which by their calculations will begin on November 16th.

15. HackettSuxTNG

I hope utility companies do not adopt this mentality

IDFjet likes this.
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

haha--actually they are regulated so they can't. You probably know that lol.

17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Yeah because inflation is totally killing the multi billion dollar Jets franchise and raising the prices AGAIN is the only way to combat that. They charge $10+ for a $1 bottle of water. Fuck Woody. I'll never hold season tickets.

barfolomew likes this.
  18. HackettSuxTNG

Who is doing the regulating, and do you trust them?

19. Jetsfansince95

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You're going to turn this into politics bro and then all hell breaks loose lol--ask those who vote them in.