Jets Jerseys

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, May 11, 2012.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

So, I've only been a fan for a couple years now, simply because I'm young and I was not inducted into football fandom for my first 18 years. I've started collecting jerseys, and it's become a bit of a hobby/obsession at this point. I have a number of Jets from the past 4 years, but I'm looking to expand to players of the past, namely Namath, Maynard, Gastineau, Klecko, Toon, Walker, Martin, and Chrebet. The problem I'm having is that the so called "throwbacks" are mostly in the current darker "Hunter Green" as opposed to the "Kelly Green" that the players actually wore back in the day. Does anyone have any tips or places that they find good throwbacks? I don't really want to spend in that $200-$300 range for the authentic, hell I don't even mind if they are like the replica jerseys with the screen printing since I never wash my jerseys and take good care of them, I just want them to actually look like what these guys wore.

Thanks!

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Sites like Americanmemorabilia.com and other vintage sites may have what you're looking for. I know they have an Al Toon Kelly green jersey. Hope that helps.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Looking at that site it only seems to be for auctions of actual game worn jerseys.

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I have quite a few authentics I may be willing to part with for a reasonable offer. Some never worn.
    I have Marvin Jones,Boomer Esiason Aaron Glenn..........I really need to check my inventory and see what they are worth.

5. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I had Marvin Jones one time. #54 jersey. What a waste of money, that was.

6. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Yo don't happen to have a Boozer do you?

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

Namath and Maynard, THANKFULLY never wore those hideous disco electric green Kotite ugly uniforms that only remind Jet fans of the Kotite ERROR

Sadly some of those others were forced to wear them

Thank you Bill Parcells for ridding the Jets of them FOREVER

8. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

There is a useful thread created in one of the sub forums which lists websites that sell jerseys. I think it might be in 'Jets Experience'. Have a look.