Jets in best position among AFC rebuilding teams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SigmaXJet, Jul 24, 2006.

1. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

AFC Burning Questions

2. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I don't think we're in a better position then the browns. They had a fantastic off-season. And the fact they'll be getting both winslow and edwards back from injury can only make them better. There poised to break out and become contenders like cincy did recently.

We are at least 2 years away from what the browns should accomplish this year.

3. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

who wrote that tommy jackson?

i think were in the best shape to be good 5-years down the line... drafting two offensive lineman is great, but we still need skill players. those skill players need time to develop too. as far the browns, im not sure if im a believer. good recievers, but im not sold on frye or droughouns.

and also, was am i the only person who thinks lendale is going to be a good nfl running back?>

4. parafly

parafly New Member

I think he can be as well. Before all the laziness reports came out around draft time, I thought he was a more NFL ready RB than Reggie Bush.

5. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

"Best position to rebuild" is one of those double-edged compliments, like "you look so young" and "I can hardly see that scar/pimple." It means you have the least amount of proven talent to upset and overhaul by introducing new players.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I just like what they wrote about the Raiders... does this guy know RaiderJeaux or something? :smile:

7. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

where's RaiderJeaux when you need someone to defend the raiders and al davis?

8. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

So, you're saying that with Charlie Frye and Ken Dorsey as their QBs, we will be where they are now, in 2 years? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Woohooo! Something "good" written about us...lets start the season tomorrow!

10. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

There qb of the future has some real game experience under his belt. That counts for alot to me.

I don't know much about Frye, but he has some real talent around him to bring his game up. Not to mention the fact that there oline is very talented. He has all he needs to sucseed in Cleveland right now. Just because the guy wasn't a first round pick doesn't mean he can't become a player this year or the next.

Yes, we are 2 years away from having the potential to be a yearly contender for the playoffs given the fact that we play in the afc east.

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'm guessing that Jeaux must be out buying a new monitor. The audacity of this sportswriter, screwing up year two of his four year rebuilding plan!

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hard to say what this guy means by "best position to rebuild." Does he mean "most able to show improvement" or "has the greatest percentage chance of improving" or "the record will show the greatest improvement" or what?

I have felt for awhile that we got sort of cheated last year because of the injuries. Had we not had all the injuries, what would our record have been? Silly, hypothetical question, I know. But what I'm saying is, I think our talent level is better than our 4-12 record and it was because of the injuries. Okay, so maybe we might have only been 9-7 or 8-8 without them... certainly one can argue this hypothetical 'till the cows come home.

But my point is, after having finished 4-12 and gotten the draft picks we got, could it be that we're adding these draft picks to a team that was, for all practical purposes, headed for, let's say, 9-7 were it not for the injuries?

And so, if that's the case... and forgive me for doing this because this is really mental masturbation the likes of which I absolutely criticize, punish, impugn and demean others for engaging in without mercy, but could it be that this guy means that we are the "most likely to succeed or rebuild," given where we finished and what our record was at the end of the season?

Oh Lord... hope springs eternal. And here I go again getting my hopes up. NO... NO.... Somebody slap me into reality,... PLEASE.... !!!!!!!

13. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Hell, I'll do it for him. This writer is a little ignorant. Art Shell is "family" over there, and he doesn't have to worry about getting fired anytime soon. The roster is overwhelmingly young. The only starters over 30 are Sapp, Sims, and Brooks.

They do expect to win this year, I wouldn't want to root for a team that feels otherwise. You can argue that the Raiders won't make a huge turnaround this year, but his reasoning is out of whack IMO...

Hope you don't mind my pinch hitting for Joe!...

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Nothing will help our rebuilding process more than going 0-16 this year. If we can't win the SB, then let's at least win the '07 draft. What the heck let's blow our bye week and go 0-17. Maybe the NFL will feel sorry for us and throw in a few extra picks.

15. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

pinch hitting for whom?

Beyond that, why would you want to speak for TGG's favorite shut-in? You're both repeating this kooky mantra about the O.Raiders being a "young," but mediocre, team, presuming that they'll grow old and talented. If that were true, Arizona, Cincinnati, Detroit, etc. would all have closets full of trophies.

No, what experience tells us is that weak young players become weak old players. . . . until, of course, their contracts expire, and it's time to restock with more roster gristle.

Prediction: TGG has a lot of fun for NJ and Jeauxseph for the rest of the decade. . . . .

P.S. - and, if you REALLY want to speak for Jeauxy, we refuse to hear you without accurate heights, weights and 40 times.

#15 Sundayjack, Jul 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  16. GreenMachine

That is asinine statement. Being worse than the previous year will never help. And how exactly do you "win" the draft?

17. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

I like the way you think. Reminds me of me at my junior prom.

18. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

I don't want to infringe on anyone's trademark!

19. parafly

parafly New Member

I hope you were being sarcastic with this statement. The last thing we need is for this team to aquire a losing attitude. Look at what happened to the Bengals in the 90's. They had plenty of high draft picks, but constantly losing takes its toll on the team much more harshly than one high draft pick could ever offset.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Which rebuilding team is in the best position?

the one with the tallest midgets, of course.