Jets Image

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by joejets1, May 10, 2011.

1. joejets1

joejets1 Member

Everyone knows that according to some media, the Jets have gotten this bad boy image over the pas 2 years. I think its pretty unwarrented compared with other teams. The Bucs organization has just had a 10th player/coach arrested since Jan 2010. Multiple DUIs I believe too. I think the Jets have had just 1 and besides Holmes non issue, nothing really else.

2. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

I think the bad boy image has less to do with off the field transgressions as it does two things: 1. the Jets' revised philosophy since Rex' arrival which sees them welcoming players with questionable or sullied reputations and, 2. the brazen confidence and/or trash talking regarding the team's belief that they are the best team on the field any given weekend and their goals of league supremacy.

The latter of the above reflects Ryan's talk the talk, walk the walk personality which has somewhat alienated the Jets from other fans, the press and other teams, especially those inclined to take a humbler, more low key approach in the media.

I personally love Rex and how he has transformed the culture of our team but can understand how it might easily rub many the wrong way.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I wish some site or newspaper would do a poll of casual NFL fans around the country.

I guarantee most would think Bart Scott is some kind of criminal or something.

People who don't follow the Jets closely or any other team and just read opinions from people who hate them will make stupid assumptions based on 1 report.

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Good post. Rex is the anti-Dungy and I could care less. Until and unless Rex validates his bravado with a Super Bowl victory, most will view him as a windbag.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Let the haters hate.
    JUST WIN BABY!

7. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

WAITASEKENT! WAITASEKENT! NON-ISSUE?! Yer outta your mind wit dis stuff!! Braylon Edwidiz coulda killt somebahdy cuz when he was driving DRUNK! If I wuz living in da same town as him, I'd move outta dere tamorrow!!! AND Holmdes iza non issue?!? Da guy failed a drug test tree times!!! TREE!!! Den heez acting like a terrarist on da plane, and da cops gawt involved!! Dis idea dat the Jets aren't trouble makers is outraygiz! Dey gawt playahz on dat team dat were wanted more dan osamer bin lawden!!!

back afta dis

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

One of my favorite Jet images!

I hope we keep the "Jet" celebration if Holmes leaves.

9. milo

milo Well-Known Member

It all starts with Rex. Let's face it he's the Donald Trump of football. Love him, hate him, you still want to know what's gonna come out of his mouth next.

Image is a funny thing. Look at the Pats. Dillon. Moss. Mallet. All "character" issues, but nobody says boo because the entire sports media blow Belichick on a daily basis. If the Pats put out a depth chart that showed their 5 starting O-lineman as 5 135 pound tatooed gangbangers from the Dartmouth Women's prison, some d-bag on ESPN would say "well as long as you have Bill Belichick and Tom Brady you know they have a chance."

A similar dynamic has happened down here in college football. Meyer quietly turned the Gators into a felon factory, but if you ask any casual football fan "who's the bad boys of Florida college football?" 99% of them will say The U.

Good or bad Rex has given us an image that is not "The Giant's shitty tenant." I'm happy to have any image at all that isn't that. And the playoffs didn't exactly help us get OFF the shit-talking image:

2010 playoffs:

Indy: talk mad shit. win.

Brady: talk mad shit. win.

Pittsburgh: silence. get fucking run over.

WE WILL WIN A SUPERBOWL WITH REX. (Yeah I said it.)

Only then will we know if all this bravado paid off.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Any misstep by this team will result in it being blown out of proportion.

For the first time in history, people wanted a player suspended for a DUI because it was the Jets. What those cunty retards forgot to realize was that no player has ever been suspended for a DUI. But it's the jets, and it's Rex's team, and it's the New York media.

11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Except Rex isn't a moron.

12. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Not on this board. Go ask Finheaven...

13. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

That is classic

14. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Really is this supposed to be funny?!?

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I think its supposed to be Mike Francessca...