JETS can forget about Bush...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NewEra06, Apr 26, 2006.

1. NewEra06

NewEra06 New Member

I just read on another site that Bush is flying to Houston today to finalize his deal. Five years with 24.6 mill garenteed. So it looks like the Saints are on the clock. Lets see how this unfolds.

2. Gunther

Gunther Member

That organization won't have a winning record anytime soon. But hey their loss is our gain. If I'm a player for Texas I'm looking to get traded or get out as soon as possible. Texans want to sell tickets, not win football games...

3. parafly

parafly New Member

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They are pretty much set at QB, RB, and WR. If they can fix up their OL, they can be a decent team. They are still a very young team and haven't reached their full potential.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

agreed, your not gonna find a better young trio than what Houston has with Carr, A. Johnson and now Bush.. Like you said, if they fix the OL thats gonna be one formidable O for years to come..

#4 Attackett, Apr 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2005
  5. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

True, but their defense and special teams suck. They have alot more work to do.

6. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

Are you kidding? Who should they have taken. He has been the clearest number one overall that I can remember, no one has ever been the UNANIMOUS number one choice, how the hell can you fault them.

#6 Big Derty, Apr 26, 2006
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You don't make a Picasso painting in one night.. Obviously its gonna take time, but If I was a fan, I would be pretty darn excited with the start..Hell as a Jets fan I would be pretty darn excited if we had one guy at those positions to be excited about..

8. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Their will be a top tier o-lineman available with their first pick in the second round or even a LB or CB.
    Texans should do very well in the draft this year.

9. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I can?t believe this ? I thought for sure that Bush would slip to 4th and we would get him and let him back up Curtis for the next three years. I wonder if Leinart will slip to 29 now?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Texans say they're emulating the Cowboys of the late 80's and early 90's with their build plan.

Here's the problem: the Cowboys had 5 pro bowlers on their offensive line that went to the Super Bowl in 1992. Nate Newton (1986 draft), Kevin Gogan (1987 draft), Mark Stepnoski (1989 draft), Mark Tuinei (1983 draft) and Erik Williams (1991 draft.)

To this they added Troy Aikman (1989), Emmitt Smith (1990 draft) and Michael Irvin (1988 draft.)

So Tuinei, Newton and Gogan were all on board before they added any of the triplets. That's called keeping the horses firmly in front of the cart.

The Texans on the other hand are going to have triplets sitting in a cart with no horses pulling them along.

If the Jets draft a QB or RB up high in this draft they'll be doing the same thing.

Get the horses.

11. Gunther

Gunther Member

What has been the Texans problem
    Protecting the QB
    This class is very deep with Offensive Linemen, but I bet Carr would feel alot better about the direction of the team if they thought about him....
    The Texans as far as I'm concerned treat their QB like dirt....
    Put it this way, how would you feel if you were Carr and there is a top OT available, you get pulverized every Sunday, and the organization instead of thinking about protecting you, they draft a RB and last I checked we had one.
    Yeah Linemen are deep this year, but there offensive line is worse than ours and you are telling your QB to have faith. We'll take care of you....
    WHEN??????

12. GreenMachine

The Texans are still playing like an expansion team.. They are at least 5 years away from the playoffs...They would be stupid not to take Bush. He would be perfect to build the franchise around, and he will definitly sell alot of tix...

Would you pass on Barry Sanders if you had the chance to get him?

13. beastindamiddle51

beastindamiddle51 New Member

where did you read this article that bush was on his way to finalize the deal? i cant find anything nearly related to this.

14. Br4d

I would pass on Barry Sanders to get Bruce Smith. Every time.

Whether or not Bush is Sanders and Williams is Smith remains to be seen, however there is a reason that DE's are considered to be so much more valuable than RB's. It takes one or two other good players (1 DT and maybe a DE) for a beast of a DE to turn into a game-breaker. It takes a half dozen or more good players (offensive line + TE + maybe QB) before a RB can do the same.

From the standpoint of a building team you really want to take the DE and then get a couple of guys next to him to set him free. You also want to start building that offensive line so that a year or two down the road you can take a Bush and have him be Sanders.

15. Gunther

Gunther Member

I would pass on Barry Sanders to get Bruce Smith. Every time.

Me Too
    Barry Sanders won how many playoff games with the Lions?
    Even though they didn't win, the Bills had the foundation.
    A Skycraper is nothing if it's built on sand........

#15 Gunther, Apr 26, 2006
  16. GreenMachine

And who did Barry have around him???
    A superstar QB?
    A good o-line?
    Quality WR?

Please.....

17. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

the Texans picking Bush? who could have possibly thought that was going to happen?

18. Br4d

I think that's the point. Bush is going to be in Sanders position or worse with the Texans. The Detroit offensive line had some real talent (Lomas Brown and Kevin Glover) on it when Sanders joined the team. Mel Gray was an excellent blockingback. Herman Moore came along a year later and turned into a 670 catch receiver. The Lions had 2 consistent pro bowlers on defense (Chris Spielman and Jerry Ball.)

Now, look at the Texans. The offensive line sucks. The defense sucks. Yes, they have Carr and Johnson but neither of them can reach their potential with nobodies standing in front of them and no defense to keep games tight.

Add Bush and what do you have? 3 very unhappy triplets and a 4-12 record.

19. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Carr is average at Best. I agree on Bush and Johnson. However, they have tons of cap space tied into Dominic Davis. What do they do now?

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

well remember 2 years ago they had a pretty solid D. i mean it only lasted a yr but it can be done.

their special teams isnt that bad, they have one of the best returnman in Jerome Mathis, who will be only a 2nd yr player this yr.

but yeah they just need to solidify their O-line.

but the fact their only attempt to get a real OL was in the expansion draft when they took ryan young and like 3 other teams starting OL, pretty much shows they havent learned that yet. but with kubiak running things im sure theyll start to clean up this yr.