Jets 2015 Offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Let's get this bitch started!

Enough of the Patriots bullshit. I'm sick to my stomach about it but let's discuss what matters here.

Season is now officially over. New Front Office and coach in place!

Truth4U2 likes this.
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its to soon,All the Hawks had to do was hand the ball off to Lynch they were on the one yard line!!!Wow I hate Darrell Bevell right now,after that miracle catch ....disgusting

#2 LongIslandBlitz, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    xxedge72x likes this.
  3. Falco21

Lmao

It's not to soon at all for me. I'm pumped to see what steps we take in free agency and the draft

4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Only thing I can say is after the last Pats great season we went out and got Brett Favre.

I hope a similar splash is in store.

5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah in looking at "the bright side" of this is that Woody can't be happy that he puts a garbage product on the field when the Pats win year in and out. Look at how unhappy we are, unhappy people don't make good customers.

6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Its time to go to work

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its a Process

8. 73klecko

73klecko Member

If I remember correctly Idzik's first two signings were David Gerrard, who retired before ever donning a Jets uniform, and Mike Goodson, who was arrested before ever playing in a game with the Jets.

Let's start with improving on that.

9. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Did anyone see that play where Gronkowski shoved that linebacker out of the way by his helmet in the first quarter? It wasn't a completion but it was totally blatant and that slob Collinsworth completely ignored it after they replayed it 3 times.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I despise Collingsworth. Not only did he hate the Jets, but he's awful. He missed a bunch of things in that game that were glaring, and he does in every game. He's an arrogant ass.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Although I feel much better about the guys running this team now, even Woody, the reality is that's because Idzik and Ryan had become such negatives, dragging down not only the team but my enthusiasm. But in reality to get it really up again, the new regime will have to get it done, obviously.

So far, roughly a month into the off season, there are some promising signs and even some tangible developments. Like firing Bradway. Like what Bowles said about being on time for team meetings. Like their press conference.

More on the signs front, I am hoping Woody will let these guys run the team and stop interfering.

Now to get more into the realm of fantasy, I think what I am hearing suggests they know they need to shitcan Smith. Add in bringing back Cromartie, and those would be two huge steps in teh right direction.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lets hope its not Jay Cutler

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There are no guarantees in such things, but I think Cutler would be a vast improvement for the Jets' Qb position, and don't think any better prospects for an upgrade are any more likely than getting him.

I am somewhat more sanguine about those chances than I was right after New Years, though, since theBears' new HC and GM may feel less pressure over the deal the prior regime reached with Cutler, and add in they probablyrecognizee they have no real options to get better Qb play by trading him and going in another direction. But if the Bears were willing to trade him for a fair deal, and put the contract the prior crew entered into behind them, I don't know what other options at Qb would be better for the Jets.

This is particularly true given that it is unlikely that Mariota would fall to the sixth pick.

What i really don't want is for the Jets to say there are no vet Qb's available by trade or in FA who would be "good enough", hope for the draft to break the Jets' way, and end up having Smith be the starter one more season. I would find something better to do than watch the Jets if that came to pass.

14. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Other teams fans are expecting us to pick up Cutler. We are automatically expected to pick up the leagues Garbage. And that is what Cutler is. Utter fing Garbage. I'd rather stick with Geno. He might actually learn something.

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I always get confused about NFL free agency after watching MLB free agency unfold. The NFL culture is that most top guys sign deals on the first or second days, right? So by March 10/11 the league will look completely different?

16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

The draft and free agency is awesome, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how four second year players look this year.

Shaq Evans is healthy this year, he's a former fourth round pick and he should be expected to contribute this year.

Dex McDougle is a player pick who Rex seemed to love. Drafted him in the third round despite being a relative unknown player. With CB being such a massive need right now, if McDougle can prove to be a competent player, that would help the Jets tremendously.

Dakota Dozier is just another mid round guard the Jets selected. One of them has to be decent right? People seemed to like this pick at the time, but he never got any playing time. Is that because he doesn't have the ability to, or was he an Idzik red shirt.

IK is one of my favorite Jets. I have no clue why, but I find myself constantly rooting for the guy. In the preseason, when he was in, he made plays. Even towards the end of the regular season, he made the most of the snaps he was actually in on. With OLB being another hole that we could improve, I'd love to see him in a bit more to rush the passer.

17. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

I love the idea of mixing in some veteran free agents on defense to round out our defense and compliment all our young guys. We have a chance to make this defense elite in free agency. Then we should trade up in the draft (if necessary) to ensure we get our QB in Mariota and focus on adding some weapons in the draft and allowing our offense to gel with an infusion of youth.

I would look at guys like Orakpo or Greg Hardy on a prove it deal at OLB, it would be a quality signing that could put this defense over the top. That along with Revis would drastically change our defense and we are elite again.

Finding a starting Offensive Guard is important and I like that we are rumored to James Carpenter, a guy like that would be a good addition; starting quality but also allows us to add some competition to the depth we have accumulated at guard over the past few years.

A safety is also important but a quality role player much like what Carpenter would do for the guard position can be done to safety, maybe a veteran like Nate Allen.

A RB is a need but we could find one in the draft or sign a quality guy in free agency. We got a great back in Chris Ivory we just need a speed compliment.

Enough of the John Idzik mantra of penny pinching, our most successful years were under Tannenbaum one of the most aggressive GMs in the business. We have a huge opportunity to be aggressive with our cap space and I think it should be focused on rounding out our defense. We would then have a nice mix of young drafted players and some veteran leadership. Our offense needs time but with the QB in place that would be a huge step.

Just my plan.

18. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

20. Falco21

NYJalltheway likes this.