Jet Fan Season TIX Holder/Lawsuit Belichick (MERGED 3X)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 28, 2007.

1. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I love it.. Don't even know what to comment on this:lol:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7276110?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Jets ticket holder sues Patriots and coach Belichick, seeks damages of more than $184 million
    Associated Press, Updated 2 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - A New York Jets season-ticket holder filed a class-action lawsuit Friday against the New England Patriots and coach Bill Belichick for "deceiving customers."

The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Newark, N.J., by Carl Mayer of Princeton Township, N.J., stems from the Patriots being caught illegally videotaping signals from Jets coaches in New England's 38-14 season-opening win Sept. 9."They violated the integrity of the game," Mayer's attorney, Bruce Afran, told The Associated Press. "This is a way of punishing Belichick and the Patriots."

Mayer is seeking more than $184 million in damages for Jets ticket holders.

Belichick was fined $500,000 by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, and the team was fined $250,000 for violating a league rule that prohibits clubs from using a video camera on the sidelines for any purpose - including recording signals relayed to opposing players on the field. New England also must forfeit a first-round draft pick next year if it makes the playoffs or a second- and third-rounder if it doesn't.

"They were deceiving customers," said the 48-year-old Mayer. "You can't deceive customers."

The lawsuit maintained that because other teams found illegal videotaping by the defendants,

Jets ticket holders should be compensated for all games played in Giants Stadium between the Jets and Patriots since Belichick became head coach in 2000.

The two calculated that because customers paid $61.6 million to watch eight "fraudulent" games, they're entitled to triple that amount - or $184.8 million - in compensation under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act.

"How many times have the Patriots done this? We find it hard to believe they did it just once," Mayer said. "We just want to get to the truth of the matter of what the Patriots did to the Jets. I think the ticket holders are genuinely concerned about it. This is a type of misrepresentation."

Patriots spokesman Stacey James declined to comment on the lawsuit.

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

3. Beamen

Beamen New Member

If these guys even get a cent out of the Pats, it'll be a victory for Jets fans everywhere, and it'll make my season!

4. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

All I can say is .. More Power to him.. :beer:

5. ........

........ Trolls

Dear God, that's hilarious. Ah, the great American tradition! Get pissed off, sue somebody. I doubt the Pats even dignify this with a response unless they just attempt to rid themselves of the publicity. It's an uphill battle trying to prove that the videotaping occurred in every game and altered the course of those games. All we can do is hope the Pats decide to avoid the publicity :)

6. icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck Member

I'm a lawyer. They can't just "ignore it." In that case, they'd be in default, and the Plaintiffs' claims would be deemed true and correct. The only thing left would be the issue of damages. Thus, the Patriots will respond. It'll be interesting to see how they do so.

7. All Star

All Star Active Member

Teehee.......

Was it someone here? I remember reading about it, not sure if here was the place.....

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

He must have taken advice from the dude who sued Vick for "$63,000,000,000 billion". Belichick was physically hurting his feelings. :lol:

9. ........

........ Trolls

I meant publicly. I figure they'll quietly fight it unless they figure they'll get bad press.

10. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

hopefully I receive some sort of paperwork to fill out. I`m behind this lawsuit 100%. The Patriots ripped us off, along with their own fans, and we ticketholders should receive compensation for being ripped off. I feel the NFL should be involved in this as well. They too, are responsible for letting the Patriots rip off every NFL fan in the country. They should be held accountable too. Integrity my ass.

11. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Haha this is great. Hopefully he can get something from Belli, that would be a victory for everyone.

12. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Bob paid for the stadium...wait until the PSL's, he has a point

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I smell a class action suit. Power to the people!

TBTF

14. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Just imagine if he wins and every season ticket holder gets in, there's your PSL money right there...

15. devour

devour Member

I think all the J-E-T-S fans should sue the Jets for sucking so badly for the last 30 years. Just imagine how much you'd all get ;)

16. Canadian

Canadian New Member

My father's reaction at hearing this,

"Wait, we can do that?!?!":lol:

This is silly, but if a full scale chewbacca defense is used, you just never know :wink:

17. MondayNightMiracles

As funny as this thing is and as much as i want to see the Pats and Beli get as much bad publicity as they can take, i dont want this Jet fan to get any money out of this. (not even a payoff) Thats not a victory for us, its a small step back for mankind and just another example of how ridiculous our justice system is.
    Belichick cheated in a game, and was punished in the game......
    And lets say some of the season ticket holders get payed off, (which wont happen.) what about the other million people who payed to watch the jets at home? They both payed to watch the Jets.
    this thing going to court shouldnt happen. Its wrong......
    but on another note, its funny as hell, i hate belichick....:breakdance:

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Jets fan sues Patriots and Belicheck for $184.8 million dollars

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jetsfan-patriotslawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

This is amazing! These guys are going after the pats. They want their money back for every Jets Pats game since 2000, times 3! Oh and btw they are charging for every ticket sold for Pats V Jets since 2000, which adds to 61.6 million, times 3. So maybe the little guys who can produce stubs can recoup some cash on this thing??

The argument is the pats cheated, and they conned the customers since they were conned legally the pats can not profit from it, And ticket sales are a profit no matter how you look at it.

19. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

I wish people like this would just kill themselves. Talk about a sue-happy country. Make your own damn money.

20. the_wanton_song