Jerry Porter wants out of Oakland but...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Oakland want 2 first round picks :eek:hmy:. Porter said himself "why do they want 2 or even 1 first round picks, i wasnt even drafted in the 1st round." I wouldnt mind having Porter he is a deep threat and could reduce the double teams on Coles. I would rather hav him then Leile. If Oakland would be willing to reduce the price, i think the Jets sould make a offer. Blaylock and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

2. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Why would they want Blaylock?

3. parafly

parafly New Member

I would do it for a 3rd rounder. Take it or leave it.

4. nick.-h

nick.-h Banned

i just realized something...lamont jordan used to be a jet lol..
    he pretty darn good

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

They do need a decents back-up. well if they dont want blaylock then give them a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

6. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

i would give them a second rounder since we have two next year anyways.

7. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

What does this damn forum have against Blaylock? He's actually pretty darn good. He just got hurt last year, like it seems everyone else did.

You offer them a 3rd. If they say no, you CONSIDER the LOWER of the 2 2nds we get next year (you can put a contigency on it that they get the lower of the 2).

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i like blaylock...4 tds in one game...regardless if it was the KC line...is pretty darn good!

9. parafly

parafly New Member

OK, Al Bundy :grin:

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I have researched all the Al Bundy Award winners. Blaylock is one of 108 players to score 4 or more TDs in one game.

11. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Priest got the award from the same game.. :smile:

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yes, Holmes did.

It's been done 134 times by 108 players in 133 games.

On 12-12-65 Paul Hornung scored five TDs and didn't even score the most that day.

Gale Sayers scored six against San Francisco in Wrigley Field.

13. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Blaylock was also injured in 2004, and got dinged up in 2003 as well. Too early to label him injury prone? Maybe. Maybe not.

Porter isn't a Mangini type. He has the tools, but his head is not screwed on straight. He's also pretty much untradable and uncutable, with the salary cap hit the Raiders would take if they moved him. He got PO'd when the Raiders signed Moss. Now he's trying to tell a HoF head coach and a Hof WR coach how to play the game. This is like Lelie revisited, but maybe worse.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

To heck with Porter. I'd rather the Jets get Doug Gabriel, but that's not going to happen.

#14 Cakes, Jul 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2005
  15. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Tell them they can have Jolley back.

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Your wrong. Jerry porter didn't get PO that raiders traded for R moss. Raiders told him they were getting R moss before he signed. J porter was escatic that raiders were getting Moss. ONe R Moss would get the other teams number 1 CB and less attention would be paid to him by opposing secondary. (he figured his numbers would sky rocket)

Your right mangini anD porter are not a good fit. Porter has had trouble with Gruden and ART shell who laid down law (told him what is expected of him) J porter a very talent WR ,but he a little moody and his feelings change week to week. also it seems he dosen't like training camp. 2003 Missed most of training camp after having hernia operation 2005 Missed all of training camp and Preseason games due to injury. 2006 Already out with a injury.(alot of raider fan don't believe it)

17. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

The Jets under Tangini will not sign or trade for players who are not smart, tough, team players. They've proven it over and over already. I doubt they'd consider a guy like Porter.

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Um.... the Raiders told Porter they were going to sign Moss months before they actually did? Sorry, but I'd need at least one link to believe that one. If Porter is going to tell Shell and Freddie B how to play football, he is more than moody, he's a bona-fide head case. He's turning into TO without the talent. Too bad, he could have been a good one.

19. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Hmmm R moss wasn't signed he was traded for. Raiders gave up N harris + the number 7 pick + a late day draft choice for randy Moss. Trades couldn't take effect till after start of FAgency. J porter never made it FA and He knew Raiders had acquired R Moss(everyone knew but it just couldn't be announced) He went on record saying that the raiders told him in adavance that they got R Moss and he fully behind that decision. I will try to google it and find the article.

20. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

If this guy was on the jets last year you guys would be talking about how much he sucks. If seems like medicore player are better when they play for another team

#20 hoobash, Jul 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2005