J. Clayton on 1050..On Titans Pick that will effect Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsTillDeath, Apr 4, 2006.

1. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

He said from what he is hearing around the NFL, the Titans would take Young at #3 if all three top QB's were available. So if it goes Bush, Williams, Young..the Jets could have a shot at Leinart at #4. Now Clayton has wronged me before, so to me this is just mere speculation, but man that would be amazing.

He also added however, that the Jets may not take Leinart at 4 even if he was there, they would prolly take Brick. Greenie responded to this that if this happened all the Jets fans would rush the stage and he would lead them...what do you guys think?

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Won't happen, but ML would be a good addition we don't need

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

If Leinart fell to 4 it would be hard to pass him up. I love Pennington, but you only get a chance at a QB like Leinart once every so often and you should take it.

4. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

that would be some crazy shit - but I just don't believe anything that is said by anybody between now and the draft. Least of all the team picking right in front of us.

5. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I tend to side with you, but what a draft it could be.

6. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I dont buy it. No way Leinart falls to #4

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

if Leinart is there at #4, we should consider trading down.

there have to be teams who need a franchise QB that would give up a whole lot to get him. we'd be able to fill even more areas of need with potential starters.

cheers

8. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

If Leinart is there at #4 we should defintely take him.. Then at 29 take best avaible O-Lineman there preferably a RT to protect's blind side

9. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

umm..the Jets are one of those teams that need a franchise QB.

One other thing, if the Jets take Leinart, wouldn't RT becomes the more important of the two tackle positions?

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah i dont even like leinart but passing him up at 4 could be a grave mistake. my final stance is dont trade up for him but if hes at 4 u gotta take him.

11. The Uniform Bomber

yes, RT would then become paramount.

and let me rephrase: there are teams that need a franchise QB who have less crucual starting roles to fill than us.

cheers

12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i do not want ML -- i think he will be a huge bust in the NFL and we will be talking about his weak arm on sideline routes all the time. He is no Carson Palmer -- if we could trade down and stockpile another high pick and still get the primary player we are targeting i would not complain.

13. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Newsflash...

Clayton doesn't ever know anything more than the average football fan with ESPN Insider who reads Profootball Talk. He merely offers commentary on speculation.

The Titans grabbed Norm Chow from the college ranks because they liked what he achieved. Leinart did most of the achieving. If they take Vince Young over Leinart I'd be baffled. Add to the fact that they need someone who might be more NFL ready since McNair is brittle, and Leinart makes even more sense. Are they keeping Volek?

-X-

-X-

14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If Matt is there at #4 and we take an OL I will not watch a Jets game this year.

NO OL draft pickis worth the #4 pick or the money it would demand. To give an unproven OL $6-7 million a year is plain stupid.

As of right now I have more faith in our FO.

15. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

fair point, but QB (in my opinion) is the most crucial starting role. The Jets right now have an injured QB, a 1st round washout and an embarrassment on the roster at that position. If Leinart is there he has to be the pick.

One thing which is interesting is that with all the praise Norm Chow has given Leinart, he has the opportunity to draft him and would pass him up. I know it is not his decision alone, but what does that say?

16. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Quick question, how many QBs arms are as strong as Carson Palmer?

17. The Uniform Bomber

it says that (a) they feel Vince Young is better/has more potential or (b) they're not fully confident in Leinart; especially when they'd have the best chance of making him succeed (in Chow).

cheers

18. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

If we pass on Leinart if hes there at 4 I would rush the stage

19. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

well if we don't trade up and mario goes #2 then you HAVE to take leinart. I would definately rush the stage if I was there and we passed on leinart...we would just add to that video of blunders as the jets would yet again screw up another draft.

20. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

To me, it sounds like Clayton is reporting something floated to him by the Titans to keep the Jets from dealing ahead of them to get Leinart.