Is Sanched delusional?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by StreetFighterJet, Dec 7, 2010.

1. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Is he serious?

1. Sanchez threw the ball into Spikes face mask.

2. If Spikes was not there, it would've been picked off by the 2 DBs that had Braylon bracketed.

WTF?!

Usually he owns up to his mistakes but come on... I think on a radio show he called that play a "Good Read".

Very disappointing :(

2. 624

624 Banned

He said he threw it flat, then he gave the other team credit for taking advantage of an opportunity and making the play.

They are just politically correct in press conferences, it's all fluff for the media, don't believe what they say in things like those.

I'm sure behind closed doors this was not how he viewed the play at all.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

4. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

I guess my point is that it would've been a terrible decision whether he threw it flat or not.

5. Brick

Brick Member

It was a terrible decision to throw that pass. I often wonder if Sanchez's size is a factor in some of his passes over defensive linemen. He's listed a 6'2", but I'd say he's closer to 6'. With most of the QBs in the league these days being a legit 6'3"+, maybe we should put him in the stretcher machine.

But, I have to say, in his defense, he did throw the ball away a couple of times when he was forced out of the pocket. This is something he hasn't done in the past when he's tried to force something - it's both a blessing and, usually, a curse. Last night's game could've easily been a 5 int day reminiscent of the Buffalo game last year.

I still think Schotty puts Sanchez in a position to fail on a regular basis. Predictable play calling and over conservatism at times. This, of course, is the ongoing debate.

6. 624

624 Banned

He looks a legit 6'2 to me, and also has a high release point.

He might get a couple more throws tipped at the line than some other QBs, but he is also a great athlete so it evens out.

I don't think it was an issue on that play, just a terrible decision.

I agree with you though on being put in situations to fail. He faces way too many 3rd and longs with the talent of this O.

7. grayburn

grayburn Member

He's just playing it classy. It was a horrible freaking pass though.

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Sanchez is a dick.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

What do you want him to say? " My OC consistently puts me in shitty positions much like that one and so I made the throw so we both suck."

He took the high road, I don't see the big deal in this. Sanchez is usually forthright when he stinks.....

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

on the replay it looked like someone was wide open off to his left...was interesting when they showed the replay with Brady in the same situation being patient and rolling out to find an open target and sanchez just went his first target. He will learn from this game

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I can't blame him for his comments. True, Braylon had, like, 17 guys covering him; but, still, professional sports people lie. My favorite of all time:

Herm Edwards (asked if he was interested in the Kansas City coaching job): "As far as I'm concerned, I'm still the coach of the Jets."​

12. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

there were reports of sanchez acting strange all week missing appearances and charity events without even telling his teammates that attended....even during pregame warmups when espn showed him on the field he wasnt smiling and having fun as he usually does, and when he entered the game he just looked and seemed out of it from the start...some of the throws he made were not characteristic of how he's played this season...i mean the one to LT, another to santonio, he threw the ball 5 yds in front of them where they couldnt get it...and of course the obvious picks, especially the one to spikes (if you look at the replay santonio was wide open)....anyway my point is i feel like there is something in his personal life or something that caused him to have such odd behavior last week and play like complete shit against the pats....i hope this isnt the case, because i support sanchez and i believe he can lead this team...(playcalling is another story: bottom line, fuck schottenheimer!)....i just hope sanchez gets back to what he was doing before

13. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

A young QB mistake.

14. BillyD0123

BillyD0123 New Member

From the Boston media

While out during the pregame stretching monday night. A Boston reporter overhreard Sanchez commenting "He thought it was too cold to play football"

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

no, what he should have said is the Linebacker did not bite on the run to LT so I should not have thrown the ball to 87. I should have looked him off and either found anotehr receiver or thrown the ball away

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Give me a break. No link, BS.

17. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

If you reviewed Brady's passes vs Mark's you might have noticed that on over 10+ yards there was a noticeable difference in velocity. Brady throws flatter and harder and the wind didn't bother it as much. Mark's tended to wobble. While Brady doesn't show it, his passing strength and delivery make him probably the most accurate passes I've ever seen. It's all in his hips and legs... not just arm strength.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Thank you captain obvious. So wait, are you suggesting that Tom Brady is actually better than Mark Sanchez? Pics or GTFOH

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow great addition to the thread. maybe you should actually read and comprehend the post before you go ahead and start talking trash to a fellow fan next time.

lv i heard one of hte talking heads talking last week about brady throwing better than anyone else in the wind because he puts more spin on the ball. i dont know if i believe that to be the case but they were talking about it. he definitely didnt throw anything high in the game. he was throwing them as hard as he could and low anytime he threw over 10 yards, they were catching them at their waist or lower if i remember correctly.

that and they didnt throw the ball downfield very often.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Jesus-

I could see that play ending in a jump ball in the back of the EZ, putting it only where Braylon could grab it.

Seriously though, who gives a shit? it was a bad play, we really can't start nitpicking everything. Did you agree with him wearing his HS football hat? I think that was disrespectful to the Jets, to we the fans, and America in general.