I can't believe he's bringing back Carter and all the other coaches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 8, 2024.

1. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Just as thought. just another terrible year upcoming. I just wish I could pull the plug and stop being a fan

Jojo, SOJAZ, papapump and 4 others like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I know it’s like results don’t matter. Just terrible

Jojo, SOJAZ, teamgreen and 1 other person like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Franchise is on stand by for Rodgers. Next year is all about him. We are stuck. Good or bad, next year will clear up a lot of things. Who knows, maybe Woody will get bored and sell the team to a guy who cares about winning.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Even if it didn’t really matter if a coach was fired and replaced, the optics of bringing everyone back is pretty bad.

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Exactly. They fired MLF last year because of the optics. Yet, now, with actual poor results? They're saying the same thing to us that they said to Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Joe Flacco, and others: "No, we're good".

JohnnyJet and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The offensive staff are part of the Rodgers entourage, they aren't going anywhere.

Leicester Jet and Cman68 like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That’s not true really. Hackett is the only one with a true Rodgers connection to my knowledge. But I also don’t get why we raided the Titans staff and also added Todd Downing on top of Carter.

It also feels bizarre they didn’t let Hackett hire any of his people and made him retain certain guys like the QB coach?

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It really makes you wonder what the plan was at OC if they didn't land Rodgers. My guess as to why Hackett didn't get to hire his own staff would be because they probably didn't think all that highly of his abilities as a coordinator but were only hiring him because they were all in on Rodgers and viewed that as the piece of the puzzle that would help them secure Rodgers' services. Not much of anything the Jets did for the offense really made a whole lot of sense.

9. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I tell anyone I know that's a Jets fan, that if they allow their kids/grandkids to become Jets fans, I'll report them for child abuse!
    There has to be a cure... other than acute alcohol consumption, which unfortunately, has never been a thing for me. Maybe shock therapy, or maybe AR is onto something with Ayahuasca...

ColoradoContrails and mezzavo like this.
  10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Doesn't make sense. This was a historically bad offense and NO ONE loses their job?? Why would Rodgers even want these guys back?

11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You know, we all say Hackett was brought in because of Rodgers. If you take a step back and think about that you realize how ridiculous that sounds and how DAMAGING that is to potential FA. Seriously? This team brought in a guy that BROKE a potential future HoF’er in Wilson and, literally, obliterated the entire Denver Broncos team. He did SO poorly that he was one and done. Yet, this team that hasn’t had a winning season in 13 years thought this was the answer. Same with the dude that is running the o-line, Carter. You are supposed to hire young, up and coming offensive coaching talent from teams that have SUCCESSFUL offenses, not run right out and hire a fired nobody.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this team is either going to replicate this year or, more probable, they actually go backwards. Not only did we lead the league in penalties this year but, based on what I’ve seen, they will attempt to break the most penalties in a season next year. From my vantage point, there is NO accountability on this team and Saleh is too busy blowing sunshine up their asses to bother holding them to task. CLEARLY Carter is cut from the same cloth because the o-line got WORSE as the year went on. A player may not be Trent Williams but he can certainly control his holding, false starts and shitty illegal blocks.

My early line is this team doesn’t crack 5 wins. I expect Rodgers to not start the season due to some age related injury in training camp with him ending the season on IR before the first 4 games are in the books. There is not one…let me REPEAT that, NOT ONE backup QB in this league I have confidence in running this team with Hackett calling the shots. Not one…. What a crock of shit clown show this is going to be in 2024…

JetsNation06, Tamba_Trio and Cman68 like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

downing was Hackett’s guy. They worked together before

13. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

As a fan for over 54 years I am just so tired of this shit. Now I know we are going to suck next year. First, Cobb and Lazard will be back (just typing those names hurts). The bottom line is Rodgers is just about himself sort a like Trump. Doesn't care if he destroys the team as long as he gets to play the king. I'm too old to jump ship but I take comfort in knowing we will be back to the drawing board in 2025. Other bad news is that players talk and I don't think any good FAs will want to play for the jets. I really thought Carter would be gone but I guess that was to reasonable of a request. We were the most penalized team in the NFL. Fucking Saleh really sucks. If you think of it, with all the talent the Jets have on defense and some pieces on offense to be this bad is ridiculous. He really has no football IQ. Instead of hiring magicians for Hard Knocks he should have been studying tape of the great coaches and try to glean some information. Arghhh, I'm just so fucking sick of this team. For all of those who were Rodgers bandwagoners we are now really fucked until he leaves.

mezzavo, burf and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Ego.

I believe Arod truly believes he can save this shit show of an NFL team, he's driven to prove It, just to feed that ego he has In this world of football. He Is a great QB but I think everyone knows the mountain he will need to overcome. Not only does he have to overcome opposing defenses but he has to overcome a clear cut incompetent offensive staff. No easy task, also, borderline delusional I'd say. To each their own though.

In the mind of A A-rod though.. We are only a couple pieces away, so, clearly, they will get It all figured out. What a relief. Sigh.

mezzavo and The_Darksider like this.
  15. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Of course, there is the very real possibility that Saleh likes Hackett, & hired him for his Offensive prowess, with no AR connection. I know most people think hiring Hackett was part of the big AR plan, but I've always seen Saleh as an insecure, weak coach, one who couldn't deal with bringing in an experienced, or dynamic coordinator that might challenge him. On top of that, I've witnessed Woody's IQ... could he have had the foresight, to envision that hiring Hackett would entice AR?
    Woody the shrewd, master planner??
    A smart Woody would've learned by now, that fawning over a player has lead nowhere.
    And that fawning over a winning, experienced GM or coach, might pay bigger rewards.
    BB knew something when he jettisoned the Jet job... it wasn't a rejection of the Jets, but a rejection of Woody. And Woody's done nothing in the ensuing years, to prove BB wrong.

#15 burf, Jan 8, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Like a woman who thinks she can change the bad boy.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Dear Woody,

I'm not getting any younger.

Sincerely,
    Acad23

p.s. dump the bling... you look a fool.

ukjetsfan, mezzavo, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

While I don't love Saleh I wasn't banging on the table for him to be fired... Until now. If I'm Woody and my team just had a historically bad offense and everyone comes back because they "did a good job" why am I keeping anyone on this coaching staff?

If doing your best resulted what we saw last year I'd have to move on. I'd be a fool not to.

JetsNation06, burf, mezzavo and 4 others like this.
  19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I wish it was April, 'cause ya know, APRIL FOOLS! One can only hope! o_O

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Or fix the bird with the broken wing. The second one is far worse and full of self-sabotage. I never understood the first one. Why should it be my job to fix some asshole and why would I want it to be? That was up to his mother.

NY Jets68 and The_Darksider like this.