How will you remember Mark Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Dec 2, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I will remember the games in San Diego, Indy, New England. Like Mark or not he did bring an excitement to the Jets that none of us probably have ever experienced.

I know there is a lot of people who don't like him, but I think we will be talking about the good times he gave us more than the bad in like 10 years from now.

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna talk about Mark like he's in the past until it is official. That said, I will never forget the feeling I had when we beat the Pats away in the playoffs. That was probably my favorite game ever.

3. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

No we will definitely talk about the bad times, especially when the team becomes regular playoff contenders.

4. gammatec

gammatec Member

Most successful Jets quarterback since Joe Namath.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Sanchez is still probably our starter next year. With his contract he will have 1 more chance. Hopefully with a new OC and a veteran WR.

If he blows it we can draft a new QB in what will hopefully be a better QB draft class then this years.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Thats funny because when Pennington was QB all everyone ever did was trash talk him, yet now I see people missing the days he was QB on this board.

And when I came to this board in 09, ALL anyone ever talked about was 1998. Everyone just talked about how they miss the 1998 team etc. I feel if this team goes nowhere, in 10 years all everyone is going to be saying is how much they miss the 09 and 10 seasons.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I think we'll remember Rex for that more fondly than Mark. We'll look back and see his numbers in those games and think, man I didn't realize Sanchez played that well in the postseason. It is kinda sad that we ruined him, or he didn't have the stomach to be a great player but either way this is coming up on the end for him.

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

why we talking like his career is over. i refuse to eulogize sanchez. he'll be the starting qb next week

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm going to remember him as the guy who was handed a loaded team and then had it drop out on him piece by piece until he was no longer good enough to lead it.

10. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

But you can look back at Pennington and even though he had no arm, he was very accurate and a lot of people will acknowledge that, along with the fact that he had a brilliant head when it came to playing QB. After Pennington injured his shoulder, his career was basically in a spiral and it was no surprise that was the case.

Sanchez took over a team that was loaded on defense and had arguably one of the best OL in the league. But even with that his first year the Jets were very close to not even making the playoffs. The only reason why the Jets were on the map was because of Rex Ryan and the defense. When you talked about the Jets in '09, '10 the first thing that comes to mind is the tremendous defense the Jets had.

11. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

ill remember the 2010 season when he was so clutch

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

delete.....

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I'll remember him as the guy who crashed and burned after a promising start. I'll remember New England definitely and then the Thanksgiving disaster...

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'll remember him as a promising QB who flashed greatness early on, who then was put in a position to completely fail and did so.

15. gammatec

gammatec Member

When he had the loaded team, he delivered with two back to back AFC championships.

Look at the teams and QB's he took out in the process. When he had the team, he provided the W's.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

maybe true...but where does it end? he had a top of the line defense, and a top of the line running game.

bottom line is he was put in a position to fail miserably (2011 and 2012) and he obliged.

17. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

The ass fumble.

The fact that there's a term ass fumble.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

his skills regressed as his career progressed

jet fans will always remember 09 & 10, but the ass-fumble, man....... thats never going away.

19. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

About the same as bears fans feel looking back at rex grossman. I wonder if Seahawks fans still circle jerk about beating the Super Bowl champ saints in the playoffs a few years ago the same way Sanchez fans still go on about a playoff win a couple of years ago.

20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Greeneforthree, Greenfortwo, Incompletion, Punt.