Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

McDonald was good today, but even still, we need a pass rusher

Jets OG fan likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I would take ownership for Wilson, an absolute shit show, but I feel very damned good about both Mc Donald and Olu. So what exactly shit draft Picks are you talking about?

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

You're asking about shit draft picks? Not following the debate you're all having, but the Jets have the most shit draft picks in the league for about a decade. You have to cherry pick the good ones.

4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

We have Clemmons!!!

Savatage and BrowningNagle like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Kellen?

stinkyB likes this.
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Titans could easily be 2-0 right now if not for timely mistakes by their Qb. They have a solid overall team so I definitely wouldn’t call them a pushover by any means. This was a good win today for the Jets.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No, I was asking about the shit draft picks that I supported. Under JD we had a few, but we damned well had a bunch of good ones at each round. But no way I put Will and Olu in that shit category.

#727 LAJet, Sep 15, 2024 at 7:57 PM
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2024 at 8:16 PM
  8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Out of principal, we shouldn’t meet his needs. The problem becomes what kind of player will JJ be now post injury? May need to reason with Reddick camp to lock him up. Problem is he and McDonald are the same tweener. Letting JFM walk is my bigger issue with this all.

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

JJ's injury does make me worried about his outlook for 2025. Will he be the same player a year removed from an Achilles tear? If not, they could have a big hole at DE next year too without another signing or one of the UDFAs really stepping up.
    Now that the emotions are more in check, I'd be open to exploring a 2-year deal with Hasson but not if his asking price is above 20m/yr. Cannot let the JJ injury panic move them into a huge contract

10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

On another note, I thought #91 McGregor looked great for an UDFA in his second NFL game--maybe we get lucky with him?

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Another guy we should look at is Kwon--he had a workout with ATL a few days ago--if he plays close to the level 2 years ago we can use him.

Stevied, Jedi mind tricks and Jets79 like this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing when I saw his name pop up. How was he against the run while he was here? Guess he can't be any worse than what we got.
    I do think it's easier to find a big body to stuff the middle than it is other positions mid season

IDFjet likes this.
  13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

He was flying all over the place--sticking guys too--not many missed tackles. With Quincy in the middle he seem like a great pick up--I'm thinking put Mosely on the IR until the second half of the season--keep him fresh and healed. Thats what I would do if I was GM lol

LAJet and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

If there ever was a "silver lining" to JJ's injury it's at contract time. The team should be able to now exercise that 5th year option IF he comes back next year and is somewhat normal. I was looking for him to have a double digit sack total this year but that's now gone. If...a BIG IF, he comes back normal, the team can extend either Sauce or Wilson, franchise the other, exercise the 5th year option on JJ and coin flip Breece next year. B. Allen looks like a total monster which should bring down the "temperature" on Hall's demands. I HATE that he's hurt but it does open up options on the business side.

Borat likes this.
  15. mezzavo

Oh, and fuck Reddick. That dude can go piss on an electric fence for all I care. Useless turd. I don't care how "good" he might be.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

lol

17. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

You’re basing this on one game?

18. mezzavo

Dude...go watch the guy in college. Watch him during pre-season...even the garbage time with the 49'ers. So, yes, I'm basing it on TWO games plus his college years AND his pre-season. You may not be able to tell a whole lot about a number of positions from college but, IMHO, RB IS one of those positions.

Borat likes this.
  19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

The fifth year option has to be exercised before a players fourth year so a decision has to be made on JJ next offseason.

There is no reason why this team cannot extend Sauce, Wilson, and Hall if they show and prove this year. Not one player from the 2020 draft received an extension. MC2 got his extension, but only two other guys from the 2021 draft might get extensions, AVT and Sherwood. And Sherwood won’t break the bank.

Good teams extend their star players early. This team needs to get out of the habit of letting good players walk.

mezzavo and Burnz like this.