I think the way we handled this Kendall situation will kill us more then help in the end. We tried to act like the Pats but were not the Pats
Moore should be happy his dumb ass still has a job this year. He sucked last year. Couldn't open up running lanes. Was continually pushed back by Dlinemen. And was a walking penalty, he was repeatedly being called for holding and offsides (more than the 2 rookies combined). If there is one player that shouldn't be rocking the boat, it's him. This line really needs to be addressed next offseason.
I think Brandon Moore won't fetch much more than what he's getting on the open market. That said, its a different situation with him. He never got a 5+ million signing bonus to restructure. He's a converted TE that busted his ass to become a starting guard in the NFL. He's not that good, so I don't think he's worth much more than he's getting, but he's gotta try. In the end, I don't think he's got any legs to stand on and this will blow over like a breeze in the night.
Holy christ HE wants an increase? The guy played very poorly last year, led the O-Line in penalties and would NOT be a starter on alot of other squads. That's like going to a nice bar and the shitty waitress (who's lucky to work there) spills a drink all over your new shirt- then has the gall to ask you for a tip.
Brandon Moore Unhappy With His Contract Bradon Moore unhappy with his contract -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Moore discontentment for Jets Starting right guard latest to gripe about contract Thursday, August 02, 2007 BY DAVE HUTCHINSON Star-Ledger Staff HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- The Jets knew veteran left guard Pete Kendall was unhappy with his contract and it would be an issue entering training camp. And they had an indication cornerback Darrelle Revis, their first-round pick, would hold out since the two sides haven't agreed on the length of Revis' rookie deal. (Revis wants to sign for five years; the Jets want him for six.) Add veteran starting right guard Brandon Moore to the list of players who aren't satisfied with their financial arrangements with the team. Moore sat out Tuesday's morning workout for what the team said were "personal reasons," but he actually was protesting his contract, according to a person who speaks regularly with members of the Jets organization. That person requested anonymity because he's not authorized to speak for Moore. Moore, entering his fifth season, is in the fourth year of a six-year, $8 million contract. A starter the past three seasons, he's scheduled to earn $800,000 this season. The University of Illinois product is a converted defensive tackle and his emergence as a starting guard was a huge development for the Jets. After Tuesday's morning session, Moore returned for the afternoon practice. The person with knowledge of the situation said Moore returned only after the Jets promised they would address his situation after deciding what to do with Kendall. "I wasn't here for personal reasons," Moore said after practice yesterday at Hofstra. When pressed, Moore said, "I'm not discussing my contract." Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum declined to comment. Moore's new agent, Hadley Engelhard, could not be reached. It has been an unsettling start to training camp for Tannenbaum, who is in his second season as general manager and has taken a hard line with the Kendall and Revis negotiations. Kendall, who is scheduled to earn $1.7 million this season but wants $2.7 million, said he "honestly" felt he had a handshake agreement with the Jets that they would release him if they didn't rework his contract. He added that Tannenbaum told him his request was "reasonable." The Jets appear reluctant to rework Kendall's contract so as to not set a precedent that other players could follow. Asked yesterday if he would stay with the Jets if they met his demands, Kendall said, "Absolutely. I know I would be fine, but I can't speak for the other parties involved." Revis, whom the Jets traded up 12 slots to get at 14th overall, wants a deal comparable to those given the players drafted around him. All but one of the first-round picks between sixth and 16th have received five-year contracts. Only Amobi Okoye, taken 10th by the Houston Texans, signed a six-year pact. Tannenbaum told The Star-Ledger on Tuesday that the lines of communication between he and Revis' agent, Neil Schwartz, are open. The Jets are believed to be close to $10 million under the $109 million salary cap, but it seems Tannenbaum would like to avoid approaching the salary-cap strain the Jets faced in 2001. Dave Hutchinson may be reached at dhutchinson@starledger.com __________________
i have seen some really good footage of camp and when moore was gone they had adrian jones playing first string RG and he seemed to do a good job at RG. i dont like moore but its a matter of no depth and he is like god to the nyj for some reason. they worship him they would never let him go.
Right...I believe that Adrian "Gimee another, barkeep" Jones and Marko Crapka are the converted TE's.
The most interesting part of the article was about Kendall, I wonder if they negoicate some type of 'meeting him half way' type of deal will he take it... Just get revis in for goodness sakes - I'd like to start finding out if he's starting material or what
I think teams are starting to see the backlash of the ridiculous contracts handed out in free agency this offseason. With Moore, it was intresting to read that his agent is new. This new agent was probably in Moore's ear saying if he hired him he would get a new contract.
Do these guys not realize there is a salary cap? How much money can you commit to offensive guards? No offense to anyone who has played the position, but come on.
OL Kendell has been asked by the NY Jets front office to take another $1M/year pay cut so the Jet's can give OL Moore a pay raise. If agreed to, then Kendell will be playing for free for the 2007 season. "I don't mind", said Kendell. "I love this team and will do anything to keep playing for the Jets". "If they want me to scrub toilets, just point them out and I'm on my knees". Moore, a bar tender converted to right gaurd, said "Kendel who? Is that guy still on the team? I'll take his jack becuase I'm the best OL in the NFL".
Maybe somebody should explain to these guys that they signed the contract. Becoming unhappy with it half-way through is just tough noogies. Failure to live up to your contract without being disgruntled and a disruption to the team gets you dismissal from the NFL. There is always a new guy that would love your job.
There are multiple reasons that this is happening to the Jets at the moment: 1. The big contracts guards got for the second year in a row. 2. The weakness in the Jets OL. The weaker it is the less the Jets can afford to lose anybody else. 3. The failure to draft a first day offensive lineman despite the weaknesses exposed in the Jets line last year. There are probably other reasons also, but those are the ones that seem obvious.
No way, if we paid Kendal it is OBVIOUS that this would have opened a can of worms. When you sign a contract HONOR IT! The Jets maybe should have given Kendall back what they took away from him from two years ago in the pay cut, no more. There will be a line at the door of guys who want to renegotiate. Sign it shut up, PLAY Thats it. The Jets are 100% right here! The pats have nothing to do with it, lets stop comparing us to them, it's stupid, makes us look like fools as fans.