Fear that Sanchez Will Miss All Offseason Workouts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/report_jets_fear_sanchez_will_miss_3nFJsbmME6g6kEgWya0fQI

4:33 PM, April 2, 2010 ι POST STAFF REPORT

A delay in having knee surgery has the Jets concerned Mark Sanchez won't be able to participate in any offseason practices, ESPN.com reports.

Len Pasquarelli writes, "Some team officials fear that Sanchez, who has not yet begun to run, probably will miss most, if not all, of the Jets' offseason program while he recovers."

Sanchez had surgery Feb. 17 to strengthen a patella tendon injury he suffered in college and reaggravated last season. The Jets' final game was Jan. 24.

"Insiders tell ESPN.com that some folks, including a few who draw paychecks from the team, wished the former first-rounder had undergone surgery much earlier," the report says.

Sanchez told The Associated Press on Thursday he had “no clue yet” when he would be able to get to football activities, but insists he’ll be ready by training camp in late-July.

“Oh, absolutely,” he said. “Without a doubt.”

The ESPN report does not dispute that.

Sanchez had the elective procedure to help prevent future problems with his knee. He dislocated the kneecap during fall practice before his junior season at Southern California, then aggravated the injury against Carolina last Nov. 29.

Sanchez, who led the Jets to the AFC title game as a rookie, was bedridden for a few days after the procedure and couldn’t drive for two weeks. So, the Jets helped him by bringing equipment for his rehabilitation to his home in New Jersey.

“The rehab process was a lot more difficult when no one was here and I was barely moving my leg and trying to get the swelling down,” he said. “But now that I’m moving around and a lot of people are around, it’s easy now."

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Hes a monster and will be back. But still definitely something to watch out for.

3. soks45

soks45 New Member

i don't get that every report that came out when he announced that he would be having the surgery said he will likely miss all of the offseason program but be 100% for TC. and know all these articles are ominous and people are freaking out that it appears that he will likely miss all of the off-season program but be 100% for TC. this is nothing to be worried about it is on schedule and will likely have prevented more serious problems in his knee at a later point in his career. he is at the facility every day and is in every single offensive meeting with the coaches. he'll most certainly have an improvement this year, especially if we add Demaryius Thomas t his recieving core

4. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I still think the Jets should sign a FA vet just in case.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

"Much earlier" ? I don't get it. It is 3 weeks, I thought it odd at the time that he took longer to have the surgery. But it is what it is. That said, if 3 weeks is going to make or break Sanchez this year he was in trouble anyhow.

He is most likely rehabbing like crazy, plus he is in the film room for 8-10 hours a day. I don't know how much you can make of this story.

6. jetjunkie

jetjunkie New Member

would have said it's a minor surgery with low risk, but then again, Joe Jurevicius just sued the Browns for infections from his knee surgery... He'll be fine.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Welcome to the world we now live in - every little nonstory that would have never seen the light of day now ends up on a web site, and from there multiplies like a virus. "Some team officials" "Insiders" "Some folks, including a few who draw paychecks from the team" Do I really have to point out how utterly meaningless that is? For all we know, it's the guy who empties the garbage cans at the training facility.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This story is a non-story. The Jets season ended in mid January and Sanchez had surgery a few weeks later. When he had the surgery, it was stated that he would miss OTAs and be ready for TC. That is where he is. No story.

9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Trade him, re-sign Ratliff.

10. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

This times 100. What a complete bust I can't believe we traded Elam Coleman and Ratliff for him.

11. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I should mention, before people go apeshit and take me seriously, that my last post was oozing sarcasm.

12. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

As was mine. But seriously.....Ratliff + Clowney + Woodhead = preseason CHAMPIONSHIP!

13. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Love to see what Eric Ainge could do with some more playin time, ......jus, sayin.......:up:

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We have the immortal Kellen Clemens on the roster. Who needs a FA vet..

15. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Exactly, he would not be here this spring regardless. The extra time spent in the film room will be a huge asset in reading defenses. More importantly, his long term health is the No. 1 priority. And as stated in the other posts, this was already expected.....as long as he has no setbacks, I'm not concerned.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree. the jets should sign a FA vet because it just makes sense to have someone who can step in and do the job. there are too many injuries to qbs in this day and age. we dont have a guy who can come in for a few weeks and hold down the fort.

and please dont tell me clemens held down the fort last year, the bucs were one of the worst teams i have ever seen.

lynkx where do those nuts on your forehead empty out? somewhere in the lower esophagus? ;)

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Normally, your posts make me want to punch babies......but this made me laugh...well done. :)

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Didn't we know this already before he went in for surgery? We were told the exact same thing, so I'm not sure why this has become an issue. He may not be running, but I'm sure he's working on his arm strength like crazy. The hundreds of hours he's spending with Schotty in the film room in the meantime certainly can't hurt either.

19. skeleton_frames

Why didn't he have the surgery done in the 4th quarter of the Colts game when we were down 2 scores? Seems irresponsible.

I'm not too worried myself, from the accounts I've seen he's been rehabbing and breaking down film, which is all you can ask. He's obviously got all the skills, it's just his decision making that lets him down from time to time.

I'm sure he'll be fine. Just don't let him roll out of the pocket in preseason, we've all seen how that can go for Jets QBs.

In terms of veteran QBs, how about Jeff George? I heard he's still around.

20. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Your mom.

;)