Enough with the "Fire Gase" rhetoric

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenInTheBowl, Nov 3, 2019.

1. GreenInTheBowl

Can anybody tell me why all the anger from this fan-base is directed towards the head coach, when it should really be directed towards the upper management of this team from the past decade, and in turn, ultimately the owners?

We're looking at a downright awful team here . Nothing new, but we've now actually become one of the worst to ever take the field. And in case you all forgot, the Jets were toted to be a "win now", fringe playoff team at the beginning of the year.

Now, I'm just a fan, but at least I can recognize that disregarding the offensive line year after year would cripple this team in the long-term. Not to mention the cornerback position. These owners have absolutely zero business owning a professional team-- they have money, but that's the extent of it. No pride, no passion for the sport, not even a speck of interest in learning about the sport, or perhaps turning it over to a real football mind. They are a couple of egoistic, money grubbing douches who have no fucking clue, or interest, in actually turning this thing into a winning franchise. Yet they give us a "win now" narrative year after painstaking year, making a couple of flashy moves, yet never actually getting down to the nitty-gritty fucking core of the team.

We are truly the embarrassment of the sport. If these guys had any self-respect they'd sell tomorrow. We've reached the fucking barren pit of shitiness and its time to sell.

Fans need to redirect their anger towards the owners, the true fucking culprits behind this atrocity of a team..... enough of the "fire the coach" nonsense. That is what the Johnsons want. The charade is over, starting today.. we all should see the light now and realize that these clowns are the ones responsible for all of this. I want to see a billboard hanging high above Metlife which reads "Sell the Team and not "Fire Gase".

And by the way, Gase is a god-awful coach, so don't give me any of that. Let's just remember who hired him.

Pepsiguy5, JSL23, wewantsapp and 10 others like this.
  2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Because the owners aren’t firing themselves.

3. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Because regardless of the talent level it's clear that they players either aren't prepared or aren't buying in.

Either way that's on the coaches.

I thought the most damning shot today was Gase sitting by himself on the bench trying to figure out what he was doing on offense (I assume?).

He doesn't appear to be leading this team and it shows in the results on the field.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

papapump, NYCriminal, SOJAZ and 14 others like this.
  4. GreenInTheBowl

Fans can force them out. Embarrass them to the point to where they have to sell the team.

Can't emphasize this enough

I know its been said a million times over but only the fans can make difference. We care about this team more than the owners for Christs sake

5. Imagesrdecieving

The owners can't be embarrassed into selling.

That's ridiculous.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

When they’re getting that 250 million dollar check every year i don’t think they give a shit what we do. They aren’t going anywhere. Just like Dolan and the Wilpons aren’t.

Since1969, FJF and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Buying in? You can have guys be "all in" yet the results be this bad.

The talent isn't there. The offensive line can't open up holes worth a crap nor protect the QB. The CB position is basically waiver wire guys and Roberts. The LB has been raised by injuries. The defensive line is all interior guys... There's only so much you can coach up. The talent is below average across the board.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson is not selling a 3.2 billion dollar team.

NY Jets68 and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fire Gase. Fire Gase. Everybody in the room say Fire Gase.

Never gonna stop. Never hit the brakes. Everybody in the room say Fire Gase.

Even when I'm old. And we're still in last place. Everybody in the room say Fire Gase.

I'm at peace with myself. I'm at peace with my fate. Everybody in the room say Fire Gase.

Fire Gase. Fire Gase. Everybody in the room say Fire Gase.

#9 HomeoftheJets, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  10. Imagesrdecieving

I agree with you that we are devoid of talent and it shows on the field.

My problem is that the offensive scheme is disjointed and sloppy. The blocking snafu's are what's killing us. The penalties. The extremely questionable play calling.

A decent coach wins today imo

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Welcome to theganggreen Mrs. Gase.

your son is a dogshit coach for a dogshit franchise. The disfunction in the front office existed before he took the job. He’s dumb for taking it and defending him is an exercise in self degradation because as bad as the jets are, he agreed to be the captain of the shit pile and the captain goes down with the ship.

Can Grande, PabloJa, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Stop buying Jets merchandise, stop attending training camp practice sessions, stop going to the games, don't renew your PSL... maybe then they will get the message.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Until we know joe Douglas isn’t the right gm it’s hard to blame anyone but the coach (rightfully so)
    Gase was hired to make Darnold better and win games .
    He is 0-2 .

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think it's more about looking at the results and the other potential options out there and thinking that this could be that much better. This was a critical year for Sam. And it's been an utter disaster. The offense looks completely unorganized including getting the snap counts wrong, receivers running the wrong routes, etc.

It's so important to not fuck this up with this young quarterback. We obviously need to get him more help. But that includes a coach that can put him in a better position to win.

Not to mention. When you lose to the worst roster in possibly NFL history AND it's by design, someone needs to answer for it. Gase might have to be the scapegoat because he's also the offensive coordinator in essence.

15. GreenInTheBowl

Hopefully your reading comprehension isn't as bad as your ability to spell words. Take another look and you could see that I wasn't defending him my friend

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

To answer the original question, because nobody wanted Gase in the first place and because this team's getting to be historically embarassing now. Not to mention the QB is going backwards at such an alarming rate it's getting to the point where he could be permanently scarred. Gase was supposd to be the QB whisperer lol. Pretty soon the Idzik backlash is going to look mild by comparison.

And yeah you can't really fire anyone else except for the quarterback, Douglas hasn't had a chance to do jackshit and he got a six year deal and the owners aren't going anywhere. Maccagnan (who you could argue deserves more blame) already got fired, pretty much it's the only thing Gase got right.

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Can't we impeach..........the Johnsons!!!

18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

“You cant get embarrassed by this shit”

Says it all from a loser like Gase.

A loser who was fired from a team that he totally lost the locker room of.
    Just like Kotite. Only difference is Ritchie win 3 games year 1. Adam will not.

grkmanga31 and Donttasemebro like this.
  19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Gase coached a bad Miami team to a decent overall record

Our Oline and cornerback situation is much worse than Gase is as a coach

He’s not good but these units are horrid

Skicats, sackexchange and rohirrim665 like this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, three coaches in one and a half seasons is a tried and true recipe for success with a young quarterback

rohirrim665 likes this.