Dolphin Fan Comments

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BJXX, Oct 23, 2012.

1. BJXX

BJXX New Member

I've been spying on the Dolphins forums. I like to see what the opponents think about the Jets. Below are some of the points they are making:

1. They’re taking some solace in the fact that they’re only 2.5 point dogs
    (I’m really not surprised, they are improving)
    2. They're happy Sparano works for the Jets now. One suggested we extend
    his contract.
    3. Some are speculating that the Jets will come out flat after the
    emotional build-up to the Pats game, and that the Fins will come out hot
    looking for payback for the last game. (Hadn't considered that. Possible?)
    4. They think their 2 weeks of preparation will be the difference.
    5. A couple conflicting posts:
    “Jets aren't a very good team. Neither is NE for that matter. AFCE is wide open IMO.” – Sound familiar?
    THEN
    "This is going to a lot tougher game than what I thought it was going to be before I watched that game last night.
    They aren't playing bad football. Their defense is playing really well."

My Comment: One thing is for certain, the Dolphins consider this a "must win" and I expect them to come out swinging. I hope the Jets aren't overlooking them.

2. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

1. Taking solace in being the underdog tells you all you need to know about them as a fan base. I usually don't buy into Vegas, but if they're happy they're underdogs- no matter by how little- that's just stupid.

2. I don't have much to say about this. Obviously they hate Sparano for the stuff he's done down there. Sparano has been hit or miss for us so far this season. I don't know if he was the playcaller for their offense, but I liked the way he called the Colts and Bills game.

3. Speculation is just that. How do they know what's going on in the Jets players minds? For all we know, they could come out with a vengeance for Reggie Bush's comments about Revis deserving the injury, or angry after having lost to the Pats by such a close margin. But again, this is all just heresay and fans talking out of their ass.

4. I can't fault them on this point. The bye definitely helps.

5. Fans of every team do this. We all have our mix of dark siders and sunshiners. Some of us will also think this game will be tough, while others think and have always thought that the 'fins ain't shit.

3. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I had a dolphin fan talking shit to me tonight...I know they have a decent defensive line. He seemed to be very convinced there a real team and are going to push for the division. I do not see that. Lol he was confident in a way stupid dolphim fans have been in years. We better not come out flat. I hope we crush them...they should be excited about tannehill but I don't see them beating us, unless jets come out over confident.. I do agree with one thing above.. I don't think the patriots are close to the team they were.. Why I'm not excited at all about any moral victory from this last loss.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

They have to play the Bills twice, I don't think it is a must win for them, but they must sweep the Bills to make noise.

Though I have to say I wouldn't be surprised that we win and the Patriots lose across the pond. Then things will get very interesting in the AFC East.

5. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Actually I agree with them. They have us, then the Colts; but after that they have Tennessee, Buffalo twice, NE twice, San Fran, and Seattle. They have a rough road ahead.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Are you surprised? No one will give the NYJ a lick of credit until they win a SB. ESPECIALLY Fin, Bills and Patsy fans. And I guess that's fair.

I personally think Sparano has done a fine job, we've faced the top 3 D's in the league in our first 7 games, I'd like to see where Miami would rank offensively with that sample size and opponents. It's clear the offense is playing better.

Our D will keep us in every game. Period.

7. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Its a wierd year. A lot of 3-4 and 4-3 teams. Only 4 teams look like they out right suck. Its anybody's game at this point.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Asking a team to not over look the Dolphins is a huge task. No one will ever get excited for a chance to play the worst team in the nation. Rex should start a bounty system that pays $50 for every Miami player who cries on the sideline. I think someone should have collected when Jason Taylor started balling on the sidelines after Miracle in the Meadowlands!

This game will be beyond a joke.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I want Mo and Cro to make Tannehill their bitch!

10. Ted

Ted Member

Wrong. In terms of scoring defenses you have faced:

2, 5, 8, 10, 20, 22, 31

Miami has faced:

6, 8, 16, 24, 25, 29

The Jets have played against better defenses but don't try and minimize your offensive woes on playing the best defenses in the league.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

None of those points seems off the hook to me.

12. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Dolphin fans are morons. Know one who does nothing but bash Sparano until I mentioned to him he did the impossible, he got them to the playoffs! He really says nothing after that besides you'll see.

13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I too fear that we'll come out flat after the emotional whirlwind that was Sunday in Foxborough. None of their points are crazy.

14. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

And I would tell you that we went to the playoffs despite Sparano. We had a present that year which kept on giving. You know him quite well: Chad Pennington. He was the one who carried the team by managing the game. He wasn't spectacular but he was the focal point.

Pennington will not go down as one of the great QBs in the history of the NFL but he had knowledge of the game. He was the right piece at that moment for a franchise in a total free fall.

15. Ted

Ted Member

Not mention the weakest schedule in the NFL and winning nearly half the games by less then a FG. The Ravens showed what a fluke season that was in the playoffs.

16. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I dont' get the whole "visiting other teams boards". Same goes for the mooks who come here. You know every board, regardless of team, has their daydreamers and darksiders. so what's the rumpus?

17. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

And when he started the majority of the teams games, he always posted 9-11 win seasons. He was a winner. If Chad Pennington had been on the Rex teams of 09 or 10 ... Man ... We would have won at least one Super Bowl.

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Dolphins are a solid team and Tannehill is a lot better than I thought he'd be already. This won't be an easy game by any stretch but hopefully the progress the Jets have shown will continue.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Those are fair points. The Dolphins should be fired up and wanting to beat the Jets after how the last game ended. It's up to the Jets to counter that and I'm sure (assuming) that Rex will have these players prepared.

20. BJXX

BJXX New Member

No ill intentions, just sparking discussion. That's why we're here.
    I'm not anti-Sparano either, just repeating what they're saying.