Davante Adams is STILL unhappy....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 24, 2024 at 10:12 AM.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

If this is true, I would trade a first round pick for him. Aaron Rodgers is only here for a limited time.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/23/sports/antonio-pierce-rant-sparks-davante-adams-trade-speculation/

“As the game went on, there were some individuals that made business decisions, so we’ll make business decisions going forward as well.”

The Raiders defense made Andy Dalton, who was named the starter this week after two dreadful Bryce Young performances, the third-best passer in QBR (86.9) in Week 3.

It’s hard to be certain which players Pierce was referring to, but the body language of star receiver Davante Adams, who looked disgusted at halftime, certainly left much to be desired.

Adams sat on the bench as his teammates filed to the locker room trailing 21-7 and in search of answers during the horrific performance.

It is unlikely Adams will be on the team next year thanks to an out in his contract that could free Las Vegas from a $44.1 million cap hit, highest among all non-QBs in 2025.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Adams was a big Pierce booster for HC, I don't think Pierce was referencing him when he talked about business decisions.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Not that we couldn't use him, but Allen Lazard has been looking really good (I can't believe I typed that) and Mike Williams is starting to come on little by little. I'm not sure WR is where we should be throwing big draft capital at. What a difference 3 weeks (or even 1-2 weeks) can make..

SOJAZ, mezzavo and JetFanInNE like this.
  4. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I don't think Pierce was talking about Adams. Adams is a locker room leader over there and not for nothing he was one of the major guys banging the table to get Pierce to become head coach. If anything, he was probably talking about how their defense got caught with their pants down against the Red Rifle.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't know about a 1st rounder... but Davonte would complete this team.

Wouldn't mind Tee Higgins either...

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm not feeling it. I think this team is just fine where it is with WR. Do we "really" want to bring in someone that is going to take reps away from Wilson and Rodgers getting on the same page? I don't. Wilson is younger and just as dangerous as Adams. If anything, I'd hold on to whatever capital we have just in case something happens, knock on wood, to the O-Line. A LOT of teams are getting hit with the o-line injury bug and I'd like for the team to be able to have the resources if they need to make a move.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

First off I’m 100% with you about strength in the O line first and foremost. That’s why I wanted Ole and I wouldn’t mind getting one more reinforcement. Having said that. With someone like Adam’s on the opposite side of Wilson, is not so much about splitting reps as it is getting single coverage on both sides opening up the deep pass even more. That might add 80 to 100 more passing yards per game. But I don’t think the financials are there anyhow. It’s also important to note that if God forbid Wilson is hurt, our deep threat migh be very very limited.

mezzavo likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

As good as Adams is, Rodgers inability to look at and trust any other receiver than him probably cost them a bit over the last couple years. It definitely fucked them in 2021 against the 49ers when he missed wide open Lazard on a crossing route to throw to Adams in double coverage.

He’ll also be 32 by seasons end. Not saying I wouldn’t take him but I wouldn’t dump a big package for him in the middle of a season with camp and what not.

I liked the Rodgers I’ve seen the past two weeks in spreading the ball around.

mezzavo, Acad23 and JetFanInNE like this.
  9. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

He signed the contract. He’s unhappy now? Poor baby. Take one-year deals and you can play wherever you want in any given season. Stop holding out for max money. Rot in Vegas.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

THIS. A million times this.

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The problem is his contract is till 2026 no?

Guys like Breece Hall, Sauce Gardner, Garret Wilson will need to be paid by then. I'd rather pay younger guys that money than an aging vet. If he wanted to rework it or something then sure but I doubt he takes less.

I don't think we need to go all in on this year and throwaway the next few seasons with a bad contract. Rodgers looks like he can play a few more years so rather have multiple shots than bet everything on this season.

#11 SOXXX2, Sep 24, 2024 at 8:20 PM
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2024 at 8:26 PM
    Ill Will, Nyjets4eva and mezzavo like this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No chance it costs a 1st to get Adams. We have 2 3's this year since we traded a 4th last year to Detroit for another 3. It'll prob cost both of those to get the deal done.

Excuse me? You have a 41 year old QB. You do whatever it takes in these next two years to hoist the Lombardi. Nothing else matters.

stinkyB and REVISion like this.
  13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

This is my logic as well.

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It would be going all in on this season and throwing the rest of Rodgers years here away. Id rather take multiple shots (2024, 2025, 2026) with Rodgers than bank everything on this season. Besides I think this team as currently constructed can win it all and I don't think WR is the missing puzzle piece at all.

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

What reason do we have to think Rodgers will play multiple more years for us? All of his comments have indicated that he's here for this season and maaaaybe next.

Ralebird and dawinner127 like this.
  16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

teams rarely trade valuable olinemen mid-season. i cant think of any instances of it happening in recent memory.

our depth at receiver is paper thin. one injury to garrett or mike will and that unit becomes one of the leagues worst.

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Rodgers stated he wants to play 4 more years.

Regardless my whole point is I'd rather take 2-3 shots with him then bet it all on this year. Besides Adams might not even be necessary.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Those of us over 40 know it's extremely doubtful there are "multiple" years available", no matter how good he looks right now

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Father Time makes no exceptions. The Jets would be wise to consider getting a young padawan for Rodgers to train. I know training QB's isn't their strong suit, but they had better get that shit fixed before Rodgers leaves the bldg.

Pepsiguy5 and stinkyB like this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yes... If by some miracle they actually win it all this year I expect him to retire a hero anyway. Only way I see him coming back if it's "close but no cigar".... Then spend your 1st on an immediate impact player, then if he actually wants to play a 3rd season then hopefully he's eager to take on the Sensei roll for the next young gun.

Pepsiguy5 and Cman68 like this.