Crabtree - Niners file tampering charges against Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by asbcheeks, Sep 21, 2009.

1. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

2. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Tanny is aggressive... I'll give him that

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Tanny can't be that stupid right?

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Did nobody read this line?

The Jets, through a team spokesman, denied the allegations.

It's all stupid anyway..you can't trade for him and you won't get a bump in the rookie pool if you did. So what good is it to have somebody you can't pay?

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Of course, what do you want them to say "yup, you got us, Dammit!"

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Unbelievable...

7. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Can you imagine how these "investigations" go?

49ers: "The Jets tampered."

Jets: "No we didn't."

8. Don

Yeah, I do..Although farther down it does say Tannenbaum had no comment..that is worrisome. If he did it he should be fired on the spot..it's not the first time he has done this shit and it's not even the first time in the last week that he got the Jets in trouble with the league.

9. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

He's said she said... this will go nowhere

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So you want them to admit to tampering and lose draft picks? Come on Don.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

why would we do this? I mean Crabtree, isnt the best WR ever, and you know damn well, that if he outplays his contract, or even thinks he does for one season, the next year he would be holding out for triple what he is worth. The guy is not worth the money, and why the hell would we say we would draft him and offer him more money in 2010? we have no idea where we will be drafting, and the way we are playing, i cant see it being in the top 10.

Oh and there is the fact that he wouldnt even be the best WR prospect.... Mr. E, would know better, but the two off the top of my head, that would have been better WR prospects before crab's mess, are Arrelious Benn, and Dez Bryant.

Not saying they didnt, but they damn sure don't have any smart reason to contact crabtree's agent. There is no reason to tamper in season, it's not like we could go to him like Bart Scott 3 hours before midnight and try to court him....

12. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Mountain out of a molehill.

13. Don

Not really, what I meant to say was that if he said "no comment", which he did, I would find it troubling. I would want him to say "hell no" if we didn't and he didn't.

14. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

all we can really glean from the marshall/crabtree/[insert digruntled WR here] accusations is that we are DEFINITELY going to have a star WR to grow up with Sanchez by next year at the latest.

(Personally, I've got to say: Brandon Marshall is a true blue nasty stud)

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Deion sanders did come out and say that Crabtree has been contacted by two teams who said that they would be willing to pay him more than the niners were offering.

Apparently his reasoning is "I am a top 3 talent and shouldve been the #1 WR taken if the raiders were not the raiders and so I should get paid like a top 3 talent" - unfortunately it isnt going to work instead he will probably sit the year out and come back next year and get drafted in the second or third round - great work by his agent.

16. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I hope we shy away from both of these clowns. I think we've got a pretty nice thing going with Cotchery/Stuckey/Keller.

Could there be a less desirable guy than Crabtree right now? The guy could have easily gone in the top five and was so awful at a Cleveland workout that they said "no thank you" despite spending two later picks on inferior wideouts. That tells you something.

-X-

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Tanny probably did. He probably was really aggressive going after Marshall too. Like us, he wasn't TOTALLY sold with the Cotch, Keller, Stuckey package.

Problem now is that, first off, that package of 3 is looking pretty damn good. Because its looking so good, only a mad man would take on a contract like that for an unproven loud mouth.

Ryan would much prefer the money goes to the defense and Leon.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Having Crabtree on the Jets would be awesome, but I can't believe Tannenbaum would be stupid enough to overtly court Crabtree as blatantly as the Niners seem to suggest with their charges.

I'm not sure what constitutes tampering, but Tannenbaum talks to agents all the time... no law against that. Sounds like a frustrated Niners FO, angry with Crabtree and his agent, trying to force them into submission and the Jets inadvertantly get caught in the crossfire. I don't think this goes anywhere.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Well....I hope we end up with Crabtree now...just to shove it in Jed York's face.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a Crabtree fan.....this is totally suggested out of spite :)

20. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

i really don't like this move if it turns out to be true. am not a crabtree fan and worse yet we would have to deal with that shady looking agent again. Bad enough we are still having issues with him on the Leon front. I really hope this isn't true and the jets don't get dinged for it. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth if we did get hit for this by the nfl after yesterday's win.