Coles wants to return to NYJ in 2008.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Matty Jets, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

2. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

good article, thanks for the link.

I can't say I'm not glad to have Coles stay. If he does end up staying, I'd say that increases the chance that Miami would want Chadwick.I hope that makes a team like the Vikings give up more for him. More competition.

#2 GreenScreen313, Dec 24, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I want him to return too.

If Chad does, I see Coles going too though.

4. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Mangini should say he wants Coles to return. He's one of a few players to give his all despite personal feelings towards the coach.
    Without a top quarterback I'm not sure how successful we are offensively - with or without LC next year.
    But it's Tanny's decision at the end of the day.
    I'm more interested to hear what each side wants on the (re)negotiating table. If Chad leaves, you're right...he's more likely to ask for his release or be traded.

#4 Matty Jets, Dec 24, 2007
  5. TampaBayJetsFan85

Even if Chad is not a New York Jet next season... That should not affect Coles as a Jet. Yea, we all know that Coles and Chad are real close friends but at the same time, I feel even Coles knows that Penningtons best years are behind. If Coles wants to stay a Jet... He will stay a Jet. With or without Chad

6. Jetsfan5

Jetsfan5 New Member

"Moore yanked" hahaha. Maybe you saw some pushing around after the play Moore, but you ruined a 41 yard gain and you suck.

#6 Jetsfan5, Dec 24, 2007
  7. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

i saw the interview, coles sort of said he wants to come back. it wasnt overly enthusiastic

8. since83

since83 Member

Never happen.
    Do you think LC will say what he said if he didn't beleive he'd be staying. I think we'll resign LC. He opens up the vertical game. having dvr and taping games it is noticable that CP has caused major injury to LC because balls are floating and take to long to reach him. He spends too much time in the air and opposing defenses have open shots at him. When KC throws the ball LC has time to make the catch and a football move. With CP is make the catch and get wacked. Also Keeping LC with Cotch after shoring up the offensive line will keep db honest because of kellens quick strike ability.

Is LC really looking for Chad's blessing or is he really saying "My homeboy I really appreciate all you've done and I love you as a brother. But I'm staying in NY. I hope you don't take it personal but you have caused me much physical pain and head ache. No pun intended. Kellen may make mistakes but when I get the ball it's in stride and I don't have to sacrifice my life as I do for you. Love you bro. Hope you understand. I'd like you blessing but if not, oh well." LC's career will be rejuvinated in NY and he knows this. Why would he want to be here if he didn't think so. With CP he may not make it past 32 yrs old before hanging up his cleates or having Chrebet syndrome.

9. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

I saw this too and didn't know what to make of it. Was he saying he would renegotiate to help the team or privately tell Tanny to move him? LC said he didn't want to pull a Pete Kendall.

10. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I would really like having Coles back

11. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

so would I.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Who would not want Coles back? I mean really.

13. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

I want Coles back. Him and Cotch are great when healthy. Just need to get rid of McCairens and get a better 3rd receiver.

14. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

This whjole "Coles and Pennington" storyline is being overplayed. Wanting to stay with Pennington didn't prevent Coles from leaving after the 2002 season.

15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Exactly...first off they are both under contract. I could see if they were both free agents....some people make this sound like its Madden football.

Secondly, he can say he loves Chad all he wants..and he probably does. That doesnt mean he wouldnt mind a qb that gives him a bit more time to run with the ball after the catch and doesnt get his ass handed to him every time he leaps up for one of those lollipop throws.

I would keep him..its a no brainer.

16. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Good we need him.