Chad KFFL news (outlook not looking good)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 22, 2006.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Jets | Another view of Pennington situation
    Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:13:12 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum didn't seem too sure about the status of QB Chad Pennington (shoulder), he of the twice-surgically repaired throwing shoulder. Tannenbaum, commenting on the quarterback's condition for the first time in a month, provided only a vague update, hinting that Pennington won't be at full throwing strength for the first veterans' minicamp. That's not until mid-June. By then, he will be eight months removed from surgery. A year ago, Pennington was throwing on a full-time basis six months after his first operation. Asked if the best-case scenario for Pennington is limited participation in minicamp, Tannenbaum said, "I wouldn't feel comfortable characterizing exactly what he'll be doing."

Not looking good for chaddaboy...I don't think there is any question that we will be drafting a QB on day one. Whether it is Kellen Clemens, Vince Young, Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart, Brodie Croyle or even Charlie Whitehurst...

2. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

we should get a QB, i wanna give Chad another chance, but if he gets hurt, hes done, and Patrick Ramesy is not the future of the jets, he is just like Jay Fiedler last year - so thats why we need to get a Brodie Croyl or Kellen Clemens, hey thats how Tom Brady came to be, the starting QB gets injured - he takes over, it could hapen to us too.

3. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

we still do have ramsey, and our team right now is a hell of alot better than the redskins were when he was playing for them, or at least or o line is better.

scenarios:

-- start ramsey this season, id be fine with it

-- go hard at McNair, screw the ravens, he is the most under rated QB in football, we could easily get him with a third from the titans, theyre gonna just release him anyways

--start ramsey or get mcnair and hope to trade up next year for brady quinn (cost an arm and a leg though if he keeps playing like this and goes 1 overall)

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Or maybe they're just not rushing him back in like last time. I wouldn't necessarily assume this means things aren't going well.

5. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

STEVE MCNAIR???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOOOO WAY

6. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

or draft a QB at 4, while we are in a position to do it

7. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

or trade up for your avatar, i would agree with that

8. parafly

parafly New Member

At this point, our front office would be stupid to come out publicly and say that Chad is doing well in his progress. Many people are speculating that the Jets will be drafting a QB in the first round, and if they came out publicly and reported positive things about Chad's progress, people may start to think we are looking elsewhere in the draft. I think that the Jets are not looking at a QB with our #4, and this a just a part of their plan to keep our intentions under wraps.

9. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

he used to be in the group with mcnabb and culpepper

then the titans decided they hated him and dropped all talent they had there. He is the most underrated because he has had to throw to first derrick mason and make him look good and now hes got drew bennet and tyrone calico, nice supporting cast huh. Not only that but he has had to deal with just as bad of an o line as david carr, hes just bigger and gets sacked less. Whos blindside is Roos going to protect? no ones!

10. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

why trade up when we could get him where we are, no need in giving up our other 1st and prob a 2nd just to be sure

heres the way it looks (for the most part)

1.bush
    2.mnario
    3.young
    4. choice of leinart hawk, vernon

11. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

If you think any soundbyte that comes out of Hofstra at this point is not related to draft positioning then you are kidding yourself.

Hmm ..let see ... why would Tanny leave doubts about Chad's progress and availablility? Could he wan't other teams to remain uncertain of the Jets draft intentions. Could be.

Chad will be competing for the starting job with P-RAM in August. Kellen Clemens will be holding the clipboard.

12. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

it all depends on who the titans take, i heard they want leinart, but if he fell to us it would be great

13. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

i heard young way the early favorite but who knows, either way we get young or leinart at the number 4 pick in the draft, whod have thunk it!

14. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Do you guys really think Chad is ever playing qb again for the Jets or any other team for that matter? He had a below average arm before he had the first injury, then when he came back he couldn't even throw an out pattern. Then he destroyed his throwing shoulder for the second time. Even if he does come back this year, the chance of him being able to throw the ball is slim to none. Again, the only reason he is on this team is for salary cap purposes. If they had cut him this past offseason it would have killed their cap. He will be let go next June. It's too bad, he was one of my favorite players, but such is life.

15. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

do you have inside information that you are keeping from the doctors who work with pennington every day? do you know better than them if he can play again? and do you know better than the team? how about chad, if he didnt think he could throw the ball anymore, why is he spending everyday getting his arm ready for game condition?

good post though, well thought out

16. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Does anyone on this site actually know the condition of Chad's shoulder? If so please tell us how you know.

I am not a crazed Chad fan and I thought the large contract was premature but he has shown in the past that he can be a successful NFL QB and age wise he still has many years to offer.

If any of you have ever worked for living in a business that tries to make money and watches the bottom line then you know that putting an obviously useless employee in a high profile position knowing they will not be able to do the job would be ludicrous. Bottom line, cap hit or not the Jets FO would not have kept CP if they did not believe that he could play this year. Obviously there are concerns and no guarantees, but they compiled enough information to let him take a roster spot as one of our QB's for the season and compete for the starting job.

Change is the only constant in this world but, for now, the Jets QB's are CP and P-Ram. Odd's are against another 1st round QB on the roster this year.

17. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Glad I kept reading before posting ... this is exactly what I was going to say. Smoke and mirrors my friends ... smoke and mirrors.

18. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

excellent post, i agree with it all. i doubt we will go qb this year. I was enflamed about a montha ago with all the cutler talk. But anyways, i tihnk our qb situation isnt even the worst in the league now. We have chad to try and start next year, and if that doesnt work out, we cut him, save some $, and play ramsey for the remainder of the season. By then there may be a team looking to deal a qb or we could go hard at a qb in the draft (quinn)

but i really hope pennington returns to his old ways. It would save this team alot of misery

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

pay an arm and a leg next year or get one this year without spending an arm and a leg and having a year up on the learning process....hmm tough choice.....and by the way mark my words....troy smith is WAY better than brady quinn

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Companies keep employees on all the time who have outgrown their usefulness, particularly when that employee has them by the balls with a contract.

The Jets need to carry 3 QB's on the roster. Chad was signed to get rid of his cap hit. It allows the team to move on and improve and it allows Chad more money than he could get elswhere. Smart companies do that kind of thing all the time.