Calling out the Vince Young haters

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by borna'horn, Nov 28, 2006.

1. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Young is having a pretty decent first year.

He runs way too much though.

Still not too great of a passer.

He is exciting to watch, no doubt about it.

He will be great in the future I believe.

PS: This is in the wrong forum and will be moved. :)

3. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

People were really harsh on VY, and it was ridiculous. Of course now these same people will never show up or admit anything. That's the annoying thing about making up prosective claims, you can make them and by the time it can actually be proven you can hide or be long gone. The Reggie Bush fans are nowhere to be seen as well, neither are the Leinart followers.

I think Bush has the best record among rookie QBs this year, leading a crummy Titans team to 4-4. As I said months ago, the guy simply has those intangibles that you can't coach. They were going to be with him on whatever level he played at. It was a question of whether his other skills would catch up to that, and when you have those intangibles and the physical tools, generally you your skills WILL catch up, and you will be a very good player. VY also seems like a genuinely good guy, so he's fun to root for.

4. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

lol. terrible. wrong forum

5. Pride

Pride New Member

You know what born'a'horn, im showing my face. I am on record as saying Young would be a bust. I saw him as the ultimate BOOM or BUST prospect and did not believe he would be a top QB, YOU WERE RIGHT. He will be the next McNabb or whoever you want to call him. He will be a top 5 QB. He shows poise, leadership, and ability on the field. NOw that you got this confession just dont rub it in :)

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

^ My ass is here as well, while 1 game hardly makes a career unless your name is Trent Dilfer or Mark Rypien it appears as if Young may turn out to be pretty good player. He has tremendous leadership ability and almost playing with a chip on his shoulder after all these media types labeled him a bust and stupid before he even stepped on an NFL field.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though as he'll have to do what he did yesterday on a consistent basis for me to think he is a top notch QB. After all many QBs have what appear to be defining games and fade away into oblivion. As for yesterday though this doubter will give Young his props and do so with a smile on my face because it came at the expense of the Giants.

7. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Glad some of you are bold enough to man up. I'm not saying he has already proven that he will be a hall-of-famer, but he has done more this season than most people thought.

But what would a gloat be without reposting some of my dead-on comments from last March, which I just now copied off of my user profile! :grin: Not to brag - well, okay, TO brag - I even called the Tennessee pick early on when everyone had Leinart going first.

:smile:

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

actually, no.

9. Pride

Pride New Member

You would say tho he was the ultimate BOOM or BUST prospect back in April. I thought in no way he would be a average starter, I thought for the beginning he would be one of the best or one of the worse

10. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Doesnt change at all... Im still glad we didnt draft him (even though we couldnt)

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If he can do it when NFL coaches have a year of gametape to plan on him, then he has my respect even though I thought he wouldn't be great.

BTW, I hope for your sake you aren't going around to the message board of every NFL team except the Titans and talking weak player smack.

#11 abyzmul, Nov 28, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Some people still try to tell us how great Ron Mexico is too. You can annoint him the NFL MVP if you want, but for me I will wait at least a couple of years before giving him one grade or another.

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Vince Young: From Clipboard to Canton.

The one thing that strikes me is that his very slow release hasn't seemed to hurt him at all. On the other hand, Joey Harrington has a very quick release.

TBTF

14. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Who is Vince Young?

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I was wrong. I saw Vince Young do something Pennington has not done in all his years with the jets. Take over a game and bring his team from way behind to win. Im happy with our draft but I was wrong about young.

16. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I wasn't a hater, but I will admit I ranked him below Leinart and Cutler in terms of whose game would translate into a better NFL career.

I also thought if he was going to be successful, it was going to take him a while. As Herm always said, "It's not the skill, it's the will!"

He showed a lot of will on Sunday.

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I didn't have any opinion on Young at the time one way or the other, but since you joined before the draft and then hadn't posted since the Jets didn't draft Young, what exactly is the point of this thread? You're obviously not a Jets fan, so why do you care if some Jets fans didn't want the team to draft him?

18. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I always thought Vince Young would be a great QB in the NFL.....the main complaint was that he wasn't a very good passer, and he had one of the best QB efficenities last year in the NCAA.....he just has a knack for winning the big one, and getting it done when all the pressure and spotlight is on you.....these are the QBs that win the Super Bowl

19. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

If the Giants sucked less then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Young ain't that great.

20. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Young is playing better than people expected, including myself. Either way, he didn't fall to us and Pennington is playing ok for the time being, we drafted the right player.