Brian McIntyre: Dee Milliner fires his agents after falling out of the Top 5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nycztonee, May 17, 2013.

1. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

You say Geno Smith? Yes, yes.

But, how about Dee Milliner?

LAWL.

Can't make this stuff up. Jets couldn't avoid bad press for too long no matter how hard Idzik tried.

tumbled ALL THE WAY to 9th... amusing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...d-cb-dee-milliner-fires-agents-004108244.html

#1 nycztonee, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Holy hell...

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Who cares...unless he wants to act like revis

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

OMG! The world is ending! Dee Milliner fired his agents!

Lol, I love how when Geno fired his agents it caused a shitstorm but when Milliner did it, it doesn't.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So in a year or two, will this be Revis in the making when it comes to contract negotiations?

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I still think Geno should sue Nawrocki. Free speech is a given but the ability to recover damages for an abuse of free speech is also. Nawrocki probably cost Geno nearly a round in the draft and millions of dollars. I think Geno should sue for the damages that Nawrocki's casually destructive speech caused on his draft position and compensation.

Nawrocki would probably have to reveal his sources in court or essentially forfeit the case.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Well it seems Dee has high expectations for his NFL career, let's just hope it does, don't know why these guy's are so worried about where there drafted, other than a money issue, don't ever remember Brady or Montana crying about, where they were drafted, they proved their worthiness on the field.

8. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

nowhere in the article does it state that the reason behind him firing his agents is solely because of his draft position

also whats with agents in the media all of a sudden? do these agencies really expect us to give a shit if they lose a client?

9. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

I really, really hope this is sarcasm. Otherwise, you have a dangerous lack of knowledge about how the law works.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Geno could sue Nawrocki for slander/libel. That slander/libel causing him to lose significant monetary compensation.

If Nawrocki wanted to defend himself against the slander/libel charge he'd need to produce the sources who truthfully told him that Geno actually had the character flaws that he'd specifically mentioned in the article.

If what Nawrocki said about Geno was untruthful then he's wide open to damages and it's up to a jury to fix those damages if they find that this is the case.

Since at least one team, the Jets, apparently considered drafting Geno on the 13 all that the Jets would have to say is that the character assassination by Nawrocki made them hesitate and they'd be fixing the value of the damages, often hard to prove in a slander case, at the difference between the 13 pick and the 39 pick.

#10 Br4d, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  11. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Bingo, my thoughts exactly

12. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Seems like we have 2 out of our first 3 picks were supposed to be first overall. Cool

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why is this even an issue???

The guy is making a business decision. People that try to turn this into discussion fodder are morons.

The only reason we know about this is the hyenas that previously represented Milliner and were jilted and leaked it to the media.

To try to make him look greedy.

I used to be a tech contractor. I actually got my current job as a contractor. They offered shit for benefits and ripped a good part of my salary. I switched to a decent contractor working the same job with the same company and got a much better situation.

I am no longer a contractor, but in retrospect, I made the wrong decision initially, and fixed it. The only reason I am in my current kick-ass situation is because I made that decision.

Just an illustration, but I think it is relevant.

Milliner didn't like his representation. He made a business decision.

The fact that we even know about this situation speaks more to the shitness of the agent than the greed of the player.

14. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

If someone that works for you is not doing a satisfactory job, you show them the door because they are costing you money.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A much more succinct and logical take, which I also agree with.

16. abfjet

abfjet New Member

I guess with the money he will get be will be living under an overpass in no time.lol

17. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Some captain obviouses here making a logical point of parting ways with an agent whose services are not up to one's standard, you just don't get it.

This story in itself is not much of an issue. Together with Geno's Smith's story is what makes it absurd.

Of all the 2013 draftees, how many have fired their agents so far? How many of those are from the Jets?

Thanks for your analogy using your life situation being an ex-contractor but I don't think you needed to explain all that. I'm certain everyone here would make business decisions that prioritizes themselves. Not exactly enlightening bit of info.

It was never a question of Milliner and Geno Smith doing what's right for them by making sound business decisions. It's about the negative publicity created by these mirrored incidents (whether right or wrong) coming from ONE single franchise that makes it laughable.

As if Jets needed more bad press.

18. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Great. So we ship off one head case only to draft another.

19. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Revis Guaranteed money: 16 mil
    Milliner guaranteed money: 12 mil

Makes sense.

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The amount of money agents make, I couldn't care less about them.
    We are not party to what was discussed and from the sounds of it they were not doing their job properly and as is his right, Dee fired under-performing representation .
    Like Geno's situation, not really a story here is there?