Aso is worse than Antoine Winfield and John Lynch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Jul 30, 2011.

1. It’s time to face the fact that Aso really screwed us over. He looked at the Jets,their fan base and his friend Revis, led them on and then at the last possible moment pushed them aside. And why? Flat out because he doesn’t think they can win a super bowl. The Jets front office certainly played their part. By mid day 3 we should’ve pulled our name out and moved on. But there are reports all over the place stating that Aso’s camp kept informing the Jets that the deal was imminent and he was coming to New York. I’ve never been involved in player negotiations, so perhaps I’m off base, but you don’t often hear a player lie to a team about a deal being imminent for 3 days only to bait another team into a last minute offer right at the deadline.

I get that it’s “all business”. Certainly Aso and his camp have the right to seek out whatever deal or team they want. But the Jets really stuck their neck out. They showed a real commitment to adding Aso to their team, even when he kept dragging his feet. Veterans like Scott and Revis spoke out. Others including LT restructured deals, clearly to make way for Aso and a chance at a super bowl run. If this was solely about money..fine. As frustrating as losing a player over cash is,at least you know it isn’t personal. But to lead a team on making them think you wanna play there, having veterans from the team welcome you with open arms by adjusting their contracts, and then tossing them aside because they don’t think they’re a winning product? That’s a kick to the balls. All you Aso apologists can keep blaming the Jets brass for this flop. To some degree, they are to blame for this. But just remember…that scumbag going to Philly used us. He made us look like fools. Why? He doesn’t think we can win a super bowl. Let that resonate.

On a side note, Philly still has no running game, their short yardage offense is a joke, and when Vick is hurt by week 3, and Vince Young is bickering on the sideline’s with Reid…I’ll have no pity on Aso. Good riddance dirtbag..you made it personal.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Jets will win the SB this year by beating the Eagles on a returned fumble for a TD with 2 minutes left.

Bart Scott will end Vick's career with the FF too. It'll be the greatest moment in SB history.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Reports that a deal was imminent? From who? Everybody just kept saying the Jets were in the lead but a deal was never close. I just think the dude was indecisive and we let him be by saying "take your time man w/e". It's a humbling experience for the FO

Judging by today's tweet about Braylon it appears the plan all along has been Aso or Cro. Cro wasn't signing until Aso did so now he's our top priority. Money talks, we're gonna have to overpay but we weren't gonna get him for any cheaper due to circumstance

#3 ace_o_spades, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Yep. And at the end of the day, it came down to that he thinks the Eagles are better then the Jets and have a greater chance to get to a Super Bowl. Treated us like fools.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

People seriously need to get off this guy's nuts.

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Who cares, its done. We'll move on.

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Embarrassing post, reads like some psycho stalker ex-GF. Philly is in trouble with the Jackson hold out though, it doesn't sound like they want to budge, and he seems stupid and egotistical enough to carry on with it even to the point it hurts him. Without Jackson on the field that Philly offense is completely different.

8. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

But Vick can just run around until he scores every play!:lol:

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That deal will get done before the season and he'll be a force for them.

Our FO didn't budge on the Revis thing and like 8 days before the season started he signed. Players can only lose 30 grand a day for so long.

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He is allowed to do what he wants but I can't say I did not lose respect for him as he took his sweet time and wasted a few teams time and efforts by picking a team from out of nowhere. Believe me, I get it....it takes some posturing to try and get the deal you want but I don't buy it when the initial report says he got the same contract as the one the Jets did so it was clear money wasn't a huge issue. You also don't need 3-4 days to decide upon the importance of where you are going to live.....oh I don't know....considering we just came from a 3 month lockout and all.

Don't think I can look at the player the same again as I had thought he was a humble type of guy when he is a egotistical, attention hungry clown. Though Aso won't be the first or the last but he still is a clown for wasting teams time and trying to make them look bad.

11. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

hahaha...ala Tecmo Bowl.

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

They gotz mouffs to feed.

13. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Would you have still posted this if he would have taken three days to decided and then picked the Jets?

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Oh nooooez.....

15. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

seriously! let's turn the page. the jets will bounce back from this. I just hate that it was dragged out so long.:jets:

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

My guess is that Philly was in all along but he wanted to see what they could bring in for Kolb. After that that's when he really started to make the decision process. The Phiilly GM said he was in on it from the beginning.

17. The thing I've never understood about this personal grudge you have against me and this "Psycho stalker" schtick..is if you really think I am some Bipolar whack job..why would you continually call me out and insult me? I'm obviously capable of tracking down your residence, sneaking inside and eating popcorn nude in your guest bedroom. Lock your doors tonight Buddy:eek:fftopic::up:

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

No I'd be happy....but I don't want the post to come off as sour grapes.

I do hate how these guys take their sweet time though, Aso isn't the first or last to do this. Cliff Lee did the same shit in baseball.

Aso is the top FA of the market, there really should not be a whole lot of posturing for the right deal, especially when he is fine taking a 12 mill a year deal

19. Devilspawn

Devilspawn New Member

As a Raider fan that not only followed his whole career, but who adopted him as his favorite player on the team, I was pretty shocked at how it all unfolded. I am a bit disappointed. Not sure what happened or why. I was hoping he stayed with us, but the New Yorker in me would've liked him here. I hold no grudges, I wish him well, but it'll be interesting to see how he gets treated by everyone else. Week 15 got very interesting for you guys.

20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I miss Tecmo Bowl. I probably wasted a good year of my childhood playing that shit.