Are You Happy With Steelers at Full Strength?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 22, 2011.

?

Are you happy that Steelers would be full strength on Sunday?

1. Yes, I wanna beat them with all their starters

30 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No, I prefer to have the advantage with their players being injured

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. No preference, just wanna reach the SB.

71 vote(s)
    64.5%
  1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Are you happy that Steelers are almost full strength this time around? I mean, last meeting, Polamalu was missing and so was Heath Miller. All week, all I've heard is how Polamalu will rattle this offense, confuse Sanchez, and result in plenty of pressure. Then they keep saying Heath was missing bla bla bla.

Here's what I think. We beat the Colts to start the playoffs with. Yeah, he was missing quite a few starters, but so were the Jets (not nearly as many though). Whatever, we beat them.

Then came the Pats, probably our biggest rivals. We were embarrassed in Foxboro just a few weeks earlier and nobody gave us a shot. We bitch-slapped them in their home.

This week its the Steelers, the "hardware game". We beat em few wks ago while they were missing a few starters. Thats all I get to hear about on NFL net. I personally wanted Polamalu and Heath to play this one. Cuz lets face, if we win, and win the SB as well, we would still be hearing how Polamalu would have kept the Jets from reaching the SB. So Im happy Steelers are near full strength. We defeated two of the best QBs in the NFL right now and possibly all-time. We now get a chance to beat a two time SB winning QB in Ben. I wanna beat him and leave no excuses for the naysayers to give.

I'd rather go the tougher route and win, than beating up on weaker/depleted opponents. What do you think?

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Meh we werent at "full strength" either last time. Our defense played like crap. No eric smith, idc if they are at full strength or not I just want that Super Bowl.

3. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Full strength then there will be no excuses when the Jets win.
    "Troy did not play"
    "Miller did not play"
    The Jets can win this game with the steelers at full strength. Go! Jets!

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Tomorrow night we'll be saying "Felt Great"

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I'd rather win, no matter how we do it. At this time of year every player is injured, just to varying degrees.

We aren't at full strength, so I don't want to hear any fans of other teams complaining they are missing players and thats why we won.

We are missing Big Jenks and Jimmy Leonhard. Leonhard was the communication cog in the secondary. While Pouha has played extremely well, he isn't Jenkins, who might be the most dominant NT in the game when fully healthy.

But we are also healthier than we were last time we played pitt. We have Smith back, Revis is finally 100% so injuries be damned, we are still going to kick their asses tomorrow.

6. jetsandtheunder

I am a mess right now waiting on this game. Maybe not as bad as last week yet but that is coming. If this isn't our time then when is? I'm not going to live forever dammit

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Problem is, nobody will mention we weren't at full strength either. However, we are probably the team with least injuries at the moment. We only have three starters out. Some teams had like 12 starters. To play 18 games and only have three starters get injured is pretty good.

However, I want steelers to be all full strength regardless of how our injuries line up. NFLN and ESPN can stir the pot against us if we beat them minus Paula-malu and Heath. Haters gonna hate, but this could be a great comeback line if they are at full strength.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Who gives a shit?

Injuries happen in football, and every team has to deal with them--they are no excuse for losing a game.

As long as the Jets beat the guys in the other jerseys, I'm happy.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

The most important injuries don't show up on the weekly report.

We are missing the two most important pieces of our defense. We lost the anchor of our D early in the year, and then lost our defensive quarterback. All things considered, Rex is doing a great job of scheming to cover up these holes, and the players have responded well.

Every team has injuries. Get over it.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Just win, baby, win

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I just want to advance to the superbowl. I don't care if Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert and Franco Harris are playing.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I could care less.

I just want to win.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Winner, winner.. chicken dinner

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This..

We've been missing big Jenks for virtually 2 seasons. And Jim Leonhard since before the 45-3 game..

15. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

fuck that... id rather ben be in jail and troy out with another injury... i just want the feeling of going to the superbowl

16. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

pretty easy choice here!!SUPERBOWL!!

17. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

I could care less! Face it the same people who would say we wouldnt have reached the SB if Polamalu will find some other excuse to try and down play it lol... Reach that SB and win, Doesnt matter how it happens

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I consulted my magic 8-ball and it says, " Who gives a flying fuck!".

19. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I'm confident that this Jets team can beat anything any team in the NFL throws at us. So who gives a fuck about Polamalu.

20. GreenMachine

Are the Steelers content on playing the Jets without Jenkins and Leonard?