Any Thoughts On Our Super Smart QB Not Knowing The Rules?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Notorious J.E.T.S, Jan 8, 2007.

1. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Seems most Jets fans have completely ignored the play that I strongly believe ended our season? Granted, nobody on the Jets made a play for that ball...but Chad gets so many accolades on here because of his "football mind" and "field intelligence" that it seems to me that he should get the majority of the blame for not at least making an attempt to recover that ball. Even if he didn't think it was a lateral, the Patriots were smart enough to go after the ball...shouldn't Chad have known to do the same just in case? Either everyone is traumatized by that play and refuses to mention it, or the blind love for Pennington has reached new levels.

2. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

That speaks of poor coaching to me. When you run that play as much as we do, the coaches should be telling that to the players everyday in practise. 11 Jets should have been diving onto the ball, if they were doing their jobs.

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

I like Cotchery more and more each day.

4. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

I believe he will be a #1 receiver soon, he has improved a lot, I just dont want to see him trying to get the big bucks elsewhere.

About the play I think that Colvin confused everyone on both teams except Wilfork, Colvin was running with an attitude that looked like he almost got the INT and stopped playing, everyone did except Wilfork, the fact is that some of our guys from the outside of the area saw Wilfork and started running but I think that every player of both teams except Wilfork thought that it was a dead ball.

5. Warrior

Warrior Member

I'm sick and tired of everyone saying Wilfork "pounced" on it. If you look at the film Wilfork was standing over the ball. It wasn't until the Patriot sideline started yelling did he pick the ball up - it was at that same time Crotchery started for the ball because he heard the yelling. There wasn't one guy going for the ball instinctively - not even the glorious coached Patriots. Maybe it would have been different if the ball was thrown to the Jets side of the field.

6. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Actually it seemed Wilfork picked it up right away, but then stopped. Then the coaches yelled at him and he took off. Then our guys reacted to the yelling and the rumbling of the earth as he 'ran'.

7. Out for the Season

True. I think it was Bill B the one who was yelling cause I heard something like this but I am not sure cause I havent been able to see the game again, but in fact it was a call from the sidelines, a fast call.

8. The Notorious J.E.T.S

Thank you. According to Warrior's interpretation the play lasted 8 minutes.

"Wilfork paused, pondered the meaning of life, had a sip of tea, at this point the coaches awoke from their afternoon nap, set of flares that spelled out pick up the ball in the sky, Wilfork - who at this point was polishing his bowling ball - finally sees the flares and picks up the ball."

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

How does Chad not realize that the ball went backwards? I agree notorious, I was amazed

10. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

Enough with the "blind love" crap. Yeah, it was a bad play. He and others should have realized it. They didn't.

If you want to hang the game on Chad, go ahead. But if you're going to do that, then also admit that the main reason that we were there was because of him too.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude, there could be a hailstorm in the stadium and a giant junebug could drop from the sky and kill our kicker and you'd think it was Mangini's fault.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Nah not really. I'd say about 2 Jets might have been able to tell the ball went backwards, and thats CP and JC. Unless of course the O-line has eyes behind there heads.

13. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

D'Brick went for it, but fumbled it.

14. Out for the Season

True but they never heard the whistle.

15. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Yes, but everyone else would blame Herm.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's because Herm is a weasel.

17. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Newsflash - Herm doesn't coach here anymore.

He ran out on this team like it was some used up whore for the greener pastures of Kansas City, remember?

Herm made it quite clear last January that he wanted no part of the Jets and Woody Johnson never take him back even if he wanted to come back.

So your man-love for Herm just doesn't wash here. He's gone and he's never coming back.

So if you love Herm so much, why don't you act like Francesa and follow your coach to wherever he is?

18. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Yes, because naturally it would have been his fault.

19. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Of course. I meant to ask. You're not actually in The Antartic, right? I only ask because my idiot brother is actually leaving for the antartic tomorrow (on a vacation ). What an idiot.

#19 Cinvis, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  20. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Chad was like 10-15 yards away he would have had to be superman to get to that ball.

I was surprised no one on our line really tried to pounce on it. That is one of those things Mangini seems like he would drill into their heads.