Amazing Story - Jets vs. Bears game

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by meanandgreen, Nov 10, 2006.

1. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

It's almost time. I'm driving up with my friend all the way from Virginia to go to this game. I'm a die-hard Jets fan, and he is a die-hard Bears fan. Should be amazing!

Ok, I need some advice. We're gonna make a weekend out of this. I need to know where to go party in NYC the night before the game, and where is goof food and a good hotel to crash at. We are 25 yrs old and want to make this trip a true experience.

Not only is this gooing to be a great game, but there is a much bigger story behind this journey of ours. My friend you see, was born with CF, a genetic lung-destroying disease. He waited 25+ years for a lung transplant to save his life...and he got his chance just in time. Before he went under the knife, I told him when he gets better I would take him to see his Bears play the Jets.

4 Months later, we are going. His double lung transplant was a success. If that's not a reason to celebrate I don't know what is.

So, please let us know the secrets to a good time in NYC and at the Jets game...it would be cool to tailgate with you guys as well if you are up for partying!

Thanks all.

Chris

2. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

If you are staying in NYC - Be prepared to pay out of your ass for everything but it will be well worth it -- I am glad for your friend have a great time

3. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

Thanks. Yea I'll have to pay a little...but I don't mind spending a few hundred bucks once a year on something like this. You only live once.

So where should we party, crash at, and do before the game!
    We'll get into NYC Saturday around 7pm

thanks!

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

While I hope you both have fun, I'm not so sure your friend should be doing that much partying, only four months removed from dual lung transplant surgery.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is a great story. I am happy for you friend.

He can't have everything though, he sadly will have to watch his Bears lose. :up:

6. allan1

allan1 Active Member

wow, I had no idea such a surgery was even possible! talk about a miracle.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

While this is a great story and reason to make a trip and enjoy a game together, I would also have to echo the need for responsible fun here. You don't want your friend going too nuts 4 months after major surgery and transplant.

Enjoy the trip, but don't be stupid. Best tip I can give you as I don't live in NY. :wink:

8. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

It's the type of surgery you have realizing damn well, that you will probably never wake up. he is the toughest person I have ever known. He has someone elses lungs helping him out now and he is running in the NTelos 8K tomorrow at 7am in Richmond, VA

Amazing.

Now come on, where should we go, tailgate, etc!!!

9. atlantajetsfan0462

atlantajetsfan0462 New Member

Great story man. I too will be making the trip up from Atlanta to NY for the game. I got the Jets vs Bears tix because my buddy is a huge Bears fan, but he couldn't make the trip. Anyway, hope you both have a blast!! Hopefully the Jets will upset the Bears like they will do the Pats

10. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

It cost $$$$ to stay in Manhattan you might want to stay close to the stadium and take train into the city for the night. You will be happy in the morning

11. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Well the cheapest option would be to stay in a hostel. They have private rooms, you'll just have to share a bathroom.

I forgot how expensive hotel rooms where. I used to stay at a place called the Portland Square Hotel right on 42 one block from times square. It used to cost $99-$109 two years ago. I just looked at it and its $299 now! Its a dump.

I looked for you and the best deal would be the New York Marriott Financial Center which is 229 a night, but its 4 star hotel. The hotels next to the meadowlands are 150 a night. Hope that helps

12. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

sounds like i should definately be going to a hotel in the vicinity of the Meadowland...who the hell can afford a $300 a night hotel?!?!?

dammit!

I really need to get a gameplan together for this trip...all i know is it will involve alot of beer and a NYJ victory. I need you New Yorkers to help out with what to do for Saturday night and hotel-wise specifically!