Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I'm suffering from it. How about you? Is there any treatment or cure? I think the rant below is a symptom of a serious case of Rodgers Fatigue.

The dysfunction just boggles my mind:

1. Rodgers is more of a diva and attention whore that I ever expected. The guy really does think he's The Most Interesting Man in the World. Each week, the writers and fan base wait with bated breath for Rodgers' pronouncements from Mount Olympus on the McAfee show.

2. Rodgers played one series, but he's gotten more attention and ink than anyone else on the team except maybe for Zach Wilson. Even the Wilson stories are usually as much about Rodgers as about Wilson.

3. This dysfunctional organization has ceded complete control over the team to Rodgers. The Broncos didn't do that when they acquired Peyton Manning, and the Bucs didn't do that with Brady. No sane organization would ever give that much power to any player. Giving a narcissist like Rodgers that much power is like giving an alcoholic the keys to a brewery. Saleh has been relegated to the role of head cheerleader, and Douglas seems to be in the Witness Protection Program. Spineless Woody just seems happy that he got his bright, new shiny toy.

4. Rodgers has seized the power that the organization has abdicated to him. Being a great QB doesn't mean he knows how to build a team.

We're stuck with the worse OC in the league, a guy with the creativity of a house plant. He's here only because he's a Rodgers' puppet. He can't be touched because getting rid of him might upset Rodgers. Rodgers has saddled the team with has-been buddies (Lazard and Cobb) and a never-was back-up QB who should never have been on an NFL roster (Boyle). If the reports are true, Rodgers has a new list of buddies he wants to bring in next year.

5, We're now in wait-til-next-year mode for '24. That hinges on an aging Rodgers returning to full MVP form and staying healthy for an entire season. Staying healthy for entire season? Fat chance, unless Douglas pulls three or four rabbits out of his hat to rebuild the turnstile OL.

#1 Since1969, Dec 20, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Feeling a lot of the same. We are gonna have to get used it though.

This is only year 1 of a 3 year / $112 mil contract and Rodgers will make sure he's the top story every week for that entire 3 years

ouchy, mezzavo, papapump and 2 others like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

To an extent it’s a bit annoying but I think you also have to remember that he’s the first free agent to come here in a long time that didn’t come here solely for the bag. He embraced the New York culture, went to Knicks games with his teammates, went and explored the city.

All of the effects of him coming here including the shitty depth players we brought in because they’re his friends, Lazard and Hackett, have obviously had a somewhat negative effect on the franchise. But I also think part of this was the Jets overcompensating for getting him here (I specifically think Hackett didn’t need to be hired at all and that’s just the Jets Jetsing everything up).

I think Rodgers is also a lot less of a diva than he’s made out to be. He does like attention and all but people forget he makes millions of dollars to go on McAfee every week. He has to stir things up to an extent for that money.

In closing I think the Jets handing over what seems like a lot of control to Rodgers is the Jets mishap, not his. If they ask his opinion on everything, he’s going to give it. Who wouldn’t?

4. BrowningNagle

I lost $20 to my friend earlier in the season.

When Kirk Cousins tore his achilles my friend said even when Rodgers is the one not getting hurt he will make the story about him. He bet me $20 within a week there would be stories "Aaron Rodgers reaches out to Kirk Cousins about achilles rehab."

Sure as shit he was right and it was nearly word for word.

It is always going to be about Rodgers

5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I had this before he was a Jet

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's like we're haunted by the ghost of a player that never really played for us.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you should be upset with ownership and the regime more than Rodgers. It feels like you just don't like Rodgers for whatever reason that may be. He was incredible off the field the moment he got here and there were no signs of him being a shit teammate or a bad person which was heavily overblown and a major concern for some people.

Brady brought in a bunch of his guys to Tampa so not sure what you mean about Tom not having some say in how Tampa ran things. Fournette, Gronk, Beasley, Logan Ryan, Shaq Mason. Those are all Brady guys. Any great player is obviously going to have some say in what goes on and who is brought in.

All this talk about how much control AR has on this organization is just hearsay -- no one has any idea and the media is just running with it because it creates clicks and hysteria. Hackett was brought in before we even had AR and before we even talked to Rodgers. There were probably a handful of other teams who would have signed Lazard if we didn't. Who cares. It's going to wind up being just a 2 year deal and he's gone after next year. Saleh even slipped a few weeks back when he spoke on Lazard and his healthy scratch. Lazard saw the chance to continue to play with his friend AR and took it. Cobb is the only guy that actually came here from Rodgers that had no reason being here. Cook was a moronic signing, but that wasn't a Rodgers guy. (Forgot Billy Turner, my mistake)

Rodgers is the biggest acquisition this team has ever made and had a freak injury that ended one of the most hyped seasons in over a decade. Does it really shock you that people want to hear what he has to say about his recovery when he's already doing things on the practice field ? The guy was practicing 77 days after surgery. That's insane.

#7 dawinner127, Dec 20, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    azhar80, RevisIsland18, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Rodgers is always in the news because the team sucks.....

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Curtis Martin says hi.

alleycat9 likes this.
  10. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

So last season, Rodgers, who was not coming off a serious injury stated that the chance of him retiring was 90%. Now he says, after coming off an alleged serious injury, he is all in for the next two seasons and has no inclination to retire. Does this train of thought even remotely make sense, or is Rodgers just another puppet pulling on everyone's chain.

ouchy and Since1969 like this.
  11. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I have more trust in Rodgers than those who brought him in (Woody/Joe D)

This organization has been dysfunctional for years, and he brings a HOF mindset that has been severely lacking. The culture just reeks of losers-a player of his caliber can change that when healthy.

Have moves like this backfired in the past for this team? For sure, that's why I understand fans who flat-out disagree and want to move on.

I get how the media attention can be annoying- but he is a Superstar in NYC. The media is also obsessed with him because of his unique character(Darkness Retreat, Covid Views, Ayahuasca taker, etc)

Rodgers bringing along his guys Cobb, Lazard is more of a detriment to the FO rather than Rodgers IMO.

The organization could have set clear expectations that they want Rodgers, but they have a plan for the personnel around him. If they listened to his recommendations, that's on them not him.

With Woody as Owner, Joe D as GM, and Saleh as coach- Rodgers is the only thing that can bring us hope next year.

Without him, no matter the moves, I have no trust in that group to right the ship.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The flip side to that opinion is that he's an actor who gives self-edifying ego stroke performances on Broadway, Off-Broadway, in top tier restaurants, and on jumbotrons. Don't stare at the him stuffing his face with a cannoli at Ai Fiori, it's rude.

13. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Do you really believe that Hackett's hiring was unrelated to Rodgers? If it was, then why is Hackett still here and calling plays? He, his offense and his play calling have proved to be dismal failures.

papapump, Ralebird, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't know if he will ever return to his MVP form. He will probably still be a good QB, but his best days are probably behind him. Next year he will turn 41 and hasn't played in 2 years at that time. Check out his 2022 stats. 5 games where he didn't have 200 yards passing.

Aaron Rodgers 2022 Stats per Game - NFL - ESPN

barfolomew likes this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I personally am not sick and tired of Rodgers. As @Jonathan_Vilma mentioned, he was the first super star who came to Jets willingly and embraced the team and city after his arrival. He likes attention. Which super star don't? If he wasn't injured this season's story would be much different. Give me Rodgers over trust fund baby Woody and "All Fart" Salah. Rodgers is the only one in this organization that makes me look at next season with hope.

My 2 cents.

RevisIsland18 and SOJAZ like this.
  16. dawinner127

Hackett for sure could have been used to persuade Rodgers here, but to say Rodgers picked him to come here is wrong. Hackett was hired in late January. Rodgers didn't meet with Jets brass until March.

Has Woody ever fired a GM or HC in the middle of a season? Has a HC ever fired a OC or DC midseason for this organization? I don't think they ever have, I could be mistaken.

17. BrowningNagle

If you remember Gregg Williams (DC) was fired midseason after he gave away the Raiders game in 2020.

I think it's clear Hackett was brought in here FOR Rodgers by the way, regardless of the timing of the announcements. If its the alternative like you suggest and they looked at his bill of work, were impressed, and thought he could turn around Zach Wilson, we really are screwed

barfolomew, REVISion and dawinner127 like this.
  18. dawinner127

LOL! How could I forget Gregg Williams? Wow. I remember running around my living room in laughter after that touchdown. Williams was doing us all a solid and Gase and the boys still fucked it up for Lawrence.

Since1969, REVISion and BrowningNagle like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

Henry Ruggs caught that ball too. Ruggs is now leading the NPL in receptions. (Nevada Penal League)

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Logically, there was no other reason to hire Hackett other than to lure Rodgers to the Jets. Why would you hire the worst of the worst HC/OC to a team that is offensively challenged going in? Not even the Jets are that stupid although there's scant proof of that.