A little Penny info

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by herdgirl410, Apr 18, 2006.

1. herdgirl410

herdgirl410 New Member

Not really news but an interesting tid bit of info...

Pennington is in Huntington, WV for the Marshall Green and White game and 1996 team reunion. He was a guest speaker at the QB club lunch yesterday. I pulled this off of the Herdnation message board to share.

Chad & Brian Made A Surprise Attendance At The Qb Club For Lunch Today. They Were Talking About The 1996 Reunion And Chad Was Discussing His Injuries And Future.

He said he's doing well. When the season starts he'll be a lot further along than he was last year. He'll have made 3000 throws instead of 1000. He said he's not worried about competing against Patrick Ramsey and any other QB the Jets might draft. He talked about the new center and other OL that they've signed. He said they're going to San Diego's digit based system (1 route, 2 route) instead of the word based system (X hook) they've been using. The new system is more like what we ran when he was here.

During the Q&A's I asked Chad if he was lobbying for the Jets to draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson, the OL from UVA. He said he was - he met Ferguson last week and thought he would be a good fit because Ferguson is from Long Island and he played for Al Groh who coached the Jets during Chad's rookie year. But he said he knows they may take the DE from NC St. (Williams) or a LB or even a QB. He said that would be a first if they took a QB in the first round, since they would then have 3 QB's that were drafted in the first round.

2. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

interesting, i never thought about it that if we take leinart/cutler/young we would have 3-first round QBs on the roster......

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, good to hear Penny will be better prepared for next season than he was last year.

4. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

WAY WAY WAY to many other needs and holes to take a QB that high in the draft. Stay where we are at and take the BPA. PLEASE

5. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

of course he wants them to draft D'Brick, he doesn't want to get killed again

6. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I say give him one year.. don't rush him if he is not 100% to start the season Ramsey or Bolly starts. I like the fire in this guys stomach and would like to get a fair assesment on how he will play without injury again. I am also bias cause I have a $180 NFL Penny jersey in my closet...

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Interesting read. Thanks for the scoop.

8. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Why are you saying that we shouldn't take a QB that high in the draft, but still say take the best player available when that player might just be a QB?

9. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

of course he wants them to draft D'Brick, he doesn't want to have another guy after his job