2024 NFL Draft - Day 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 26, 2024.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would look for offensive players. We also need a safety, maybe in box type. A receiver preferably a bigger one can be a match-up problem for the defense. Maybe a guard. Take a flyer on a backup QB to develop. Maybe in free agency.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd like a receiver. I wonder if we will package some picks to get into the second round...

3. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Need a day one impact WR, now that the first pick was used on a guy who will sit on the bench. That means trading into the second is now a must. Otherwise it means Olu will likely be a great tackle for the next GM/Coach.

4. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Trade late rounders/JFM to jump into the 2nd and snag Adonai Mitchell.

Focus for the rest of the draft on picking up athletic, high character depth at S, DT, IOL and DE.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We NEED a receiver. And we have to pray that guys like Corley, Polk, Coleman, Wilson fall far enough that we can package some 4ths and 5ths to get up there. This is part of the reason I really did not want to go OT at 10 (or 11). No second rounder makes it extremely hard to get one of the best WRs left on the board and we need one that can start day 1.

REVISion likes this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Amon Ra has turned into one of the best receivers in the NFL and he was a 4th round pick.

I would not start giving away picks at this point, trading away picks is not a good strategy for team building.

JD needs to let the board play out and select best player available. Let other GMs make dumb decisions.

8. BroadwayAaron

“team building” is going to get JD fired. Already well on his way by taking a developmental pick at 11 when we need to win now. Package picks and get the best players you can. It’s that simple when your time to win is now.

mrjet80 likes this.
  9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I’d like to see a raw but athletic holder with all the tools, who can sit on the bench and learn for a few years. Add some depth at that position until he’s ready to take over on extra points.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

Certainly seems to fit what we’re trying to do.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Jd cant make first year moves , in what could be a hot seat year. Gonna have to draft some starters

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ra

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  13. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Suspect the Jets will attempt to move back into round 2 and target a WR. JD gets really impatient and almost never keeps all picks preferring quality over quantity.

Expecting Qb Pratt to be targeted too (round 3/4).

A RB somewhere too... maybe round 3/4... if we wait until later... like rd. 6 - I'm really intrigued by Cody Shrader. Not big, not super athletic, nothing stands out in itself, but what a player... ​

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Hiring Saleh and drafting Wilson is what is going to get him fired. You don’t come back from those two major blunders.

I believe Fashanu needs a little refinement but he was selected because he is a better fit for the zone blocking scheme the Jets use, he will be able to protect Rodgers in one on one situations and will be very smooth in running plays.

Rodgers will make everyone else around him better, that’s why I’m not worried about JD moving up, I’m sure the board will give them a shot at a good receiver in the 3rd round.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Need more targets for Rodgers in the passing game. WR & TE. Load up.

Likewise with pass rushers. Can never have too many especially with Mahomes & Tua in the division, and Herbert with Harbaugh as his head coach etc.

I mean good ones not just bodies.

16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

WR or WR for today. Trading up would be acceptable too but not necessary. So many potential good options that could fall. Malachi Corley, Roman Wilson, Malik Washington, Brenden Rice, Ja'Lynn Polk would be some of my top choices but there are others too

If they don't trade up, I'd like them to double dip at WR and take another in the 4th. It's such a strong, deep class.

blackssmagic and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So now in order to find someone who will be an immediate answer for yards and points, judging by the sub par scouting we have had for the middle to late rounds, now Douglas will have to package valuable assets to move up in the second round.

REVISion and AtlantaJet like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

I’d argue that the highest value our third and fourth round picks have is packaging them together to find a starter. That’s the position the GM put us in. We don’t have the luxury of going quantity over quality. That’s what rebuilding teams do. Now when you take a back up tackle with the 11th overall pick you may think we are rebuilding but in fact our window is barely open and it’s in the process of closing.

19. WarriorRB28

I disagree.

Those are good picks. Use them and try to get as many good football players as possible in here.

I find it hard to believe Douglas got those picks for trading down one spot only to then give them away in a trade up.

Would be a numbskull move I think.

20. WarriorRB28

Perhaps they can find a spot for Fashanu on the o-line in 2024 at OG?