First 3 picks?

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by 1028, Apr 11, 2006.

1. 1028

1028 Active Member

First 3 will have a huge impact on the draft./ How do you see them playing out? IMO...

Texans- Reggie Bush (duh)
    Saints- AJ Hawk (lots of speculation they take Super Mario, but I just dont see it with the players they already have. SM is a rare talent, sure...but Hawk is just the same. Plus he fills a major need. Some will say D'Brick would be the better pick,but with all the depth in the draft, they might be better off taking Winston or Scott in the 2nd round, and a center in the 3rd.
    Titans- Matt Leinart- Young= smokescreen. Its coming at a time where the Jets are heavily rumored to be interested in tradin up. If they can convince us that theyd rather have Young, well stay put for Leinart, instead of tradin up to steal him from under their noses. Then theyll take him at 3, and well be left in the dust. But I think Mangini's smarter than that.

Jets @ 4...D'Brick or Super Mario...

2. berbster

berbster New Member

I hope the Saints will not pick up D'Brick but I think they will!!!

Texans = Bush
    Saints = D'Brick
    Titans = Leinart

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Most Likely:

Bush
    Mario
    Leinart

4. 1028

1028 Active Member

Like I said with Will Smith and Charles Grant at DE, and NOBODY at lb, and with Super Mario and Hawk carrying similar draft grades, I dont see how they can ignore an existing hole. LT is the only other option at 2...but if I were them Id wait till round 2

5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I definetly agree with you that Hawk would be a great pick for them and fills their biggest need, OLB, but I just don't see him going 2. If I was their GM I'd trade down for the best offer in the top 5 and take Hawk.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

There is no way New Orleans will take a DE after they didn't resign former Pro Bowler Darren Howard. They have a glaring need at LB and T. I really think that if they remain put, they will select D'Brickshaw Ferguson. AJ Hawk is possible I guess, but I wouldn't count on it.

7. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Bush
    Brick
    Leinart
    It just has to be that way. They trade away their LT, they have a nice set of DEs, it's too high for Hawk. As for Leinart, it may not be the Titans, but SOMEONE is taking Leinart there.

8. kingdavid88

kingdavid88 New Member

my top 3

I believe Houston will shock the world and not take the best player in the draft Reggie Bush. Although Reggie is great he doesn?t fit a need. Houston has a former number one pick named David Carr and a coach who didn?t care what the hell running back he had in denver. You bring a d-brick he instantly helps everyone. You already have a solid running back in Double D Dominick Davis.

With the next pick I believe a trade down between the Saints and another team is certainly possible. But if they cant the Saints will be sadly drafting one of my favorite players in this years draft in Super Mario. Williams gives them an awesome defensive presence for years to come

The next pick the Tennessee titans will kick off the USC party and draft Matt Leinart. Everyone knows McNair only has 1-3 yrs left in him and the norm chow connection just seems to great to deny here. Tennesse likes projects but you cant pass up on a near finished product.

The next pick belongs to our team the New York football jets. I think that a trade up will occur in order for the jets to take REGGIE BUSH. Cmon tell you wouldn?t love it if it happened

To recap
    Houston- Dbrick
    Saints- Mario
    Tennesee- Leinart
    NYJ- BUSH

At least I can dream cant I

9. Hazardous Waters

Texans - Bush
    Saints - D'Brick
    Titans - Leinart
    And...
    Jets - Williams

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

1.Texans- Bush

2. Saints - will try to trade down but if no takers will draft - Matt Leinart(see possible trade with Packers- Saints will than get AJ Hawk) Leinart has the most value and they will try and do what Chargers did with E Manning. (IF Titans want him at worse they get another third rounder)

3. Titans- Vince Young

4 Jets- Mario Williams

5. Greenbay- AJ Hawk

6 49ers- D Ferguson

7 Raiders- Vernon Davis

#10 Raiderjoe, Apr 17, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  11. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

And since LB has a lot of depth too they could wait for one of those as well. The Mario pick is stupid so it's a toss up between Hawk and D'Brick IMO. I have them going D'Brick in my mock because generally LT is a higher valued position then LB and because Sean Payton is an offensive minded guy. In reality it's a toss up between the two and if they stay put it will be a 50/50 chance when the card is read.

#11 DonnieIsTheKing, Apr 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2005
  12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

most unlikely top five

Hou - D'Brick
    NO- Mario/ Hawk
    Ten- Young
    Jets- Bush
    GB- Leinart

13. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member